Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884

Remote Interview Pilot for Trusted Traveler Programs

Eligible Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) members can now complete enrollment interviews with a CBP officer through video teleconferencing, while ensuring that the remote interview process maintains high security and privacy standards.

Eligibility

Some renewing Global Entry members who are conditionally approved are eligible to participate in the pilot. Renewing NEXUS, FAST and SENTRI members will be integrated into the pilot through a phased approach. First-time TTP applicants are not yet eligible to participate. NEXUS and FAST-North interviews at Canadian enrollment centers remain suspended until further notice.

Criteria

To be eligible for the remote interview pilot, TTP members must:
  • Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
  • Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.
Scheduling a Remote Interview

To schedule a remote interview, eligible applicants may log into their TTP dashboard and select the “Scheduling Your Remote Interview” link. CBP recommends that applicants verify their e-mail address of record by using the “Edit Profile” link prior to scheduling a remote interview. Doing so will ensure that the applicant receives appointment details and reminders.

Technology Requirements

CBP will use Zoom for government videoconferencing software to conduct the remote interviews. Applicants should ensure that their computer, tablet, or smartphone has a working microphone and camera, and that their device is capable of running the Zoom platform prior to scheduling their interview appointment.

Document Requirements

Applicants who schedule remote interviews will be able to access a virtual waiting room up to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled interview time through their TTP dashboard or the CBP OneTM Mobile Application, available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Interviews will take approximately 15 minutes. Applicants should be prepared to show the following documents during their remote interview:
  • A valid passport. Applicants should bring all of their current passports to the interview so the information can be added to their file.
  • Documents providing proof of residency. Such proof may include a driver's license, mortgage statement, rental payment statement, or utility bill that features the applicant’s current home address.
  • A permanent residence card (if applicable).
Print Wikipost

Remote Interviews for Global Entry [Renewals Only / Not Yet Available for NEXUS]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia

There was an opening for a NEXUS interview in March at Fort Erie, ON and signed up for it a couple weeks ago. I don't expect it to take place, so I hit the Reschedule button a few minutes ago. In doing so, it offered me the option of conducting my interview via Zoom. I accepted and went to schedule. There were no dates available. Is this Zoom option something new that may not be completely rolled out yet? Anyone else know or hear anything about Zoom interviews for TTPs?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
This option has recently been mentioned in a couple of other threads:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice
Remote interviews? I have been checking for interview appointments for a while now and today noticed that I had the option of a Remote interview. There were no appointments available when I clicked through, but has anyone seen that before? Have you done one?
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Went to check if anything in London (there isn't) however saw a new Remote option but nothing seems to be available at the moment, new service? Not seen anything online about it. BTW Remote does not show for my daughter so looks like they need her to physically turn up (she was 2 when she got it so probably need new pics that can't be done over zoom).
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
This option has recently been mentioned in a couple of other threads:

I check yesterday and today for my applications and did not see get a virtual option for appointments.
funny this came up I said a few days ago they need to do a virtual part and for in office stuff like fingerprints. Will need this option to help the backlog ( was approved aug 2019 and interview was feb 2020 and got cancelled and had to continually reschedule)
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
I called my closest NEXUS enrollment center yesterday. I asked about the online interviews and when they might become available. The person answering indicated that they had only received official notification that online interviews were going to happen the day before and that no roll-out dates had been communicated.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ramcm7
I called my closest NEXUS enrollment center yesterday. I asked about the online interviews and when they might become available. The person answering indicated that they had only received official notification that online interviews were going to happen the day before and that no roll-out dates had been communicated.

thanks for posting can’t wait to see that option
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ramcm7
Were you inquiring on behalf of a NEXUS renewal application?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Were you inquiring on behalf of a NEXUS renewal application?
No. But I already have GE, so my picture, passport, and fingerprints are already on file. The US will just need to share with Canada. That may be why I am being offered a remote interview and not required in person.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AB GOLD, SPG PLAT, HHONORS Diamond
Mine was approved (Renewal) past Saturday (after 17 months) with Remote option - however no dates available. My partners renewal was approved in one day and she has remote option enabled just now (17 months after approval). However no dates available. I fail to understand the wisdom of an "interview" when everything else checks out - and If updated photos are needed - ask us and we shall upload!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:56 pm

I currently have an interview appointment in May for when I'm going to be in Phoenix and checking today to see if there were any better times available I was also given the option for an interview via zoom. Depending how these pan out I may switch to an online interview to avoid the hassle of going for an in person one. This is for my first GE renewal fwiw. Honestly kinda annoyed that I have to interview again but it's worth it in the end.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:47 am

Just tried to apply for remote interview today and no availability. Sounds like it's new and they have not opened any slots yet so just have to wait!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:39 pm

I signed up for and completed a remote interview today. It was wonderful! I was conditionally approved on Thursday morning and there was nothing free when I first checked. Thursday night they had appointments available all day on Saturday (today)

the interview took about 5 minutes total and the agent was very friendly and said this was a pilot program they were trying out and hoping it will become the norm. He said I was one of the first

only advice i have is to keep checking and look for saturdays?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alo53
I signed up for and completed a remote interview today. It was wonderful! I was conditionally approved on Thursday morning and there was nothing free when I first checked. Thursday night they had appointments available all day on Saturday (today)

the interview took about 5 minutes total and the agent was very friendly and said this was a pilot program they were trying out and hoping it will become the norm. He said I was one of the first

Was this for NEXUS or Global Entry? I see nothing available for NEXUS. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Was this for NEXUS or Global Entry? I see nothing available for NEXUS. Thanks.
was global entry. Nothing was available for any date when I first checked and then all of a sudden those Saturday ones appeared on 2 days notice w no other dates available
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by alo53

Thanks for sharing this! Did you see this option when you selected a specific location? I've been trying to schedule a virtual interview after being conditionally approved for a GE renewal, but not seeing the option when trying to reschedule my in-person appt for SFO.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I logged in today and I saw the option for remote interview, but there were no remote interview dates available at all.

However, I noticed that an extra year has been added to my account to do the interview. That is, you now seemingly get 2 years to complete the interview from the date when you get conditionally approved (YMMV).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.