Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 747FC
Nearly two weeks since the OP last posted. Not looking good.
According to his post in the Global Entry - processing timelines of initial applications, he received final approval the same day.
Originally Posted by thonati
One more point that I would like to make. I received an email when I was conditionally approved. However, did not get an email saying I was approved (which was about 45 minutes after the interview. I went to lunch after the interview and was constantly checking my account. Then. when I refreshed it for the 1, 213.5 times, it showed "approved". I never did get an email.

<snip>
JonNYC and 747FC like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Not approving anyone from the Middle East? Hopefully the person’s supervisors aren’t so biased.
I was thinking the same thing. I assume when it goes to the supervisor the reason for the denial is also included - I wonder if the reason "from the Middle East" is a reasonable one - or seen as such by the supervisor.

Are people from the ME eligible for GE?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by blue_can
I was thinking the same thing. I assume when it goes to the supervisor the reason for the denial is also included - I wonder if the reason "from the Middle East" is a reasonable one - or seen as such by the supervisor.

Are people from the ME eligible for GE?
Yes, people from the region are eligible for GE when their non-ME country of citizenship and/or residency/visa status makes them eligible for applying for GE membership using a non-ME country passport.

In the first quarter of 2017, a bunch of US citizens with GE had their GE membership revoked due to being “from” some ME countries and other US persons got denied for being “from” the ME. But at least some of those people got GE approved/back later.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 23, 2018 at 1:33 am
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: UR
I overstayed my visa when I came to America 16 years ago and got US citizenship via my wife and I wonder if I can get approved for GE? No other criminal history, never been arrested.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperBiz
I overstayed my visa when I came to America 16 years ago and got US citizenship via my wife and I wonder if I can get approved for GE? No other criminal history, never been arrested.
I have some acquaintances who came to the US with US tourist visas around 20-30 years ago and were overstaying in the US while seeking an adjustment of immigration status while in the US during the overstay. Most of them have since become US citizens and some of them did become GE members thereafter.
Spiff, 1KChinito and SuperBiz like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:16 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Do we have a sticky/wiki for up-to-date info on what to do if you get denied?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.