Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:00 pm

Just got denied. Reason was 'Other'

Have no clue what it can be. I have never been arrested or convicted of any crime. So I emailed the Ombudsman and basically said I have no clue why you denied me. Please look over my application again.

I did declare bankruptcy a year or so ago and am wondering if that has anything to do with it. But there was no question on the application about that.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by c2briggs1
Just got denied. Reason was 'Other'

Have no clue what it can be. I have never been arrested or convicted of any crime. So I emailed the Ombudsman and basically said I have no clue why you denied me. Please look over my application again.

I did declare bankruptcy a year or so ago and am wondering if that has anything to do with it. But there was no question on the application about that.

Anyone have any ideas?
How did your interview go?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
How did your interview go?
I just started a new thread on top of this one with more information. They basically asked questions about if I knew people based on my address. There were a few times that I said yes and a few that I said no and they asked who lived in the house with me.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by c2briggs1
I just started a new thread on top of this one with more information. They basically asked questions about if I knew people based on my address. There were a few times that I said yes and a few that I said no and they asked who lived in the house with me.
I've merged your message into an existing thread discussing similar issues:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:21 pm

Global Entry with Misdemeanor Charge

I have a misdemeanor assault charge on my record. I have never had any sort of trafficking or border issue. This charge was from a stupid drunk altercation at a bar. From what I am reading I should be able to get PreCheck but would prefer to get Global Entry and Pre-Check. What sucks is if I apply and use my credit for GE than I will have wasted it and won't be able to use it for PreCheck.

Thoughts on if you think there is any chance for approval? Anybody ever been approved with a misdemeanor on their record?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Dustin Carter
I have a misdemeanor assault charge on my record. I have never had any sort of trafficking or border issue. This charge was from a stupid drunk altercation at a bar. From what I am reading I should be able to get PreCheck but would prefer to get Global Entry and Pre-Check. What sucks is if I apply and use my credit for GE than I will have wasted it and won't be able to use it for PreCheck.

Thoughts on if you think there is any chance for approval? Anybody ever been approved with a misdemeanor on their record?
I think you have a decent chance to get approved if the incident occurred more than 10 years ago.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:41 pm
Suspended

I think it would be worth a shot.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:01 am

Hard to say:

Were you merely charged, or were you convicted? Of what, exactly? Disposition? Anything in the charge that yells out Drunk and Disorderly? How long ago? How old were you then and now?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Hard to say:

Were you merely charged, or were you convicted? Of what, exactly? Disposition? Anything in the charge that yells out Drunk and Disorderly? How long ago? How old were you then and now?
Unfortunately this happened recently about a year ago and I was convicted/plead guilty. It is a misdemeanor assault charge. I am not sure if DRUNK is attached or not.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
How old are you and what was the sentence? Did it include any form of imprisonment, whether suspended or not? Any supervision such as probation or anything that looks like probation? Any restitution order to pay for damage / injury and did you pay that?

If so, when were you released from imprisonment / supervision?

A year old assault may be a bit difficult, so make sure that you've got answers to all of the above and can document everything. If you are still under any form of supervision such as probation or if you still owe restitution, that is usually the end of it.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:05 pm

...if I apply and use my credit for GE than I will have wasted it and won't be able to use it for PreCheck.

Unfortunately this happened recently about a year ago and I was convicted/plead guilty. It is a misdemeanor assault charge. I am not sure if DRUNK is attached or not.
I'd suggest you apply for PreCheck. Wait five years after you last conviction (whenever that may be) and them try for GE. Good luck.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Unfortunately this happened recently about a year ago and I was convicted/plead guilty. It is a misdemeanor assault charge.
A recent misdemeanor assault conviction will 100% disqualify you for GE (forget the DRUNK, that's irrelevant).

After a certain amount of time (5, 10 years?) you may be eligible again, although there have been reports of lesser convictions from further ago disqualifying some applicants.

Apply for PreCheck; that doesn't appear to list misdemeanor assault as a disqualifying criminal conviction (see Part B):
https://www.tsa.gov/Disqualifying-Offenses-Factors
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Recent posts concerning the effect of travel to Cuba on Global Entry approval were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:20 am

A recent question about applying for Global Entry having a case that was dismissed or expunged after "a Suspended Imposition of Sentence" was moved to the following, more relevant, thread:
TWA884
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:19 pm

Moderator's Note:

A recent post discussing Global Entry approval with a record of dismissed/dropped juvenile and adult arrests was moved to the following thread:
TWA884

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.