Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:36 pm

Off topic, but what did you tell him on why you want global entry? For me it's a matter of convenience and saving time and TSA precheck. I hope they won't come back and say not a good enough reason.

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
Maybe a little OT - but her it goes:

I went for my interview today, which went very smooth, took all of 10 minutes (amazing how many clicks a BCO can do during that time (or was he playing a game?) - Anyways, he had two questions: "Why do you want Global Entry" and "Have you ever been arrested". Answering those 2 questions satisfactorily, and after all the clicking on the screen, photo and fingerprinting, I was informed I was approved and would receive my card in 3-4 weeks.

But here is my question, arriving backl in my office I was notified by email to go into my GE account and review my "approval letter". informing me of the acceptance.

In the first paragraph of the letter it states: "You may use the program as soon as you receive and activate your new GE card"

In the next paragraph it states: "If you enrolled in GE, you may begin using the kiosk immediately ........ GE cards are not valid in the GE kiosks.

Which is it: You have to wait for your card before attempting to enter through a kiosk OR you can go ahead and do that now ("immediately") - and since you don't use the GE card at the kiosk anyways (allegedly). Couldn't ask the agent "interviewing" me as I hadn't seen this at that time, and there is nothing about this on the website listed in the letter "for full detailed information".

This is not a totally academic question as I am leaving for Central America through Atlnta tomorrow - and I would like to know if I can use the kiosk when returning in a week without having received the GE card or not.

Anyone knows?

Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: GE
Originally Posted by littleneh
Off topic, but what did you tell him on why you want global entry? For me it's a matter of convenience and saving time and TSA precheck. I hope they won't come back and say not a good enough reason.
I said I wanted GE for PreCheck and upcoming overseas travel. The officer asked where I was going (Europe) and there were no further questions.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Just had my interview yesterday. The questions were if my address was still correct, if I had ever been arrested or convicted, if I had ever been in violation of customs or agriculture laws, and verified countries visited in last 5 years. Total interview time was 8 minutes, and had the final approval within 15 minutes of leaving.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by littleneh
A CBP officer once told me that if she was conducting a NEXUS interview and the candidate said they wanted it for PreCheck, she would deny them based on that because "that's not what it's for."

Fortunately someone else had conducted my interview, because that's pretty much what I had said: "Mostly to get TSA PreCheck, but I like Canada."
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Rare
A CBP officer once told me that if she was conducting a NEXUS interview and the candidate said they wanted it for PreCheck, she would deny them based on that because "that's not what it's for."

Fortunately someone else had conducted my interview, because that's pretty much what I had said: "Mostly to get TSA PreCheck, but I like Canada."
I think I said "I wanted PreCheck but figured it was worth the extra $15" and luckily it wasn't a problem
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:06 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rare

Reminds me a bit of my NEXUS interview, where one of the officers (don't remember if it was CBP or CBSA) even asked me "did you mean to sign up for NEXUS or did you just want Global?" ("Global Entry" was too many syllables?) I said that I'd been traveling to Canada 1-2x a year for the past few years and hoped to make more trips, therefore NEXUS.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Has anyone gotten ridiculous questions like "Why do you want to save time?"
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:37 pm

I was asked to confirm that my home address was still the same, that I still worked for my employer, and asked if I'd ever had a customs/agricultural violation or had ever been convicted of a crime. Including time to collect fingerprints, take my photograph, and briefly explain how to use GE, I think it lasted less than 5 minutes.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WryMartini
I was asked to confirm that my home address was still the same, that I still worked for my employer, and asked if I'd ever had a customs/agricultural violation or had ever been convicted of a crime. Including time to collect fingerprints, take my photograph, and briefly explain how to use GE, I think it lasted less than 5 minutes.
So you weren't asked whether you had ever been arrested? Just whether you were convicted of a crime?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:44 pm

Just completed my global entry. Was asked if I was arrested, which I had been. Was honest and disclosed that I was arrested as a minor, was still approved. Looks like the big thing that they are denying for is nondisclosure, but it is ok if you have had been arrested. Also let them know I had been arrested, but no charges were pressed and I was not convicted of anything.

I had read many posts that said that any arrest regardless of conviction would disqualify you, but was happy to get the approval.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by sn618
Just completed my global entry. Was asked if I was arrested, which I had been. Was honest and disclosed that I was arrested as a minor, was still approved. Looks like the big thing that they are denying for is nondisclosure, but it is ok if you have had been arrested. Also let them know I had been arrested, but no charges were pressed and I was not convicted of anything.

I had read many posts that said that any arrest regardless of conviction would disqualify you, but was happy to get the approval.
Even a misdemeanor conviction from over 10 years ago will not prevent approval.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Is your home address still __________?

What do you do for a living?

How do you travel to the countries you visit? Between countries? Within countries?

That was pretty much it!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I traveled to Cuba about 18 months ago on Professional Research – 31 C.F.R. I luckily brought along the original signed form with me, because they require that. So if you have been to Cuba, bring that form.

But was approved on the spot since I had the form. Otherwise, would have taken longer to send it in and get re-reviewed (not interview, just reviewed).
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:02 am

Had my interview this morning. Was asked if I was ever arrested within the past 10-15 years and what was it for. That was it. I had my picture taken and fingerprinted. In and out in minutes.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:29 pm

i got GE for my mom a week ago. she said they didnt ask her anything, they just chit chatted about the city( we were visiting the city). They did took more time cuz the system was down at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.