Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Green Card holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry for Green Card holders

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by Majuki
What other receipt is necessary? That stamp in the passport is all you need to show you have LPR status in the US. Unfortunately for Global Entry purposes the machines are designed to accept only the physical green card as an entry document, so you would have to wait for those to complete enrollment.
A receipt showing date, time, and port of entry name, A number /USCIS number, visa entered on would all be useful. Again, the only record of the A number ever given to us, physical or electronic, was taken at the port of entry. That number might be useful to have for future reference. Thankfully I have a picture of it, but it still seems very unofficial.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Hi all,

I have had global entry for a while now but my green card was pickpocketed (in Madrid). Can I still use global entry with a temporary i-551 stamp in my passport? Does anyone have experience with this and how did it work?

Thanks for your input!

Cheers,

Victor
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Melodsal
Can I still use global entry with a temporary i-551 stamp in my passport?
I imagine that the Global Entry 2.0 setup should still work since you don't present a physical document to the kiosk. The older style kiosk will not work since you need to use the green card as your entry document.

In that case, I imagine you could present the physical Global Entry card - if that's lost too you can order a replacement quickly online - along with your passport to an officer manning the exits to the GE lanes, depending on the setup. Your membership is still active, but you'll need to have a paper form completed until you can get a replacement green card.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Majuki
I imagine that the Global Entry 2.0 setup should still work since you don't present a physical document to the kiosk. The older style kiosk will not work since you need to use the green card as your entry document.

In that case, I imagine you could present the physical Global Entry card - if that's lost too you can order a replacement quickly online - along with your passport to an officer manning the exits to the GE lanes, depending on the setup. Your membership is still active, but you'll need to have a paper form completed until you can get a replacement green card.

Thanks! I still have my global entry card and will make sure I carry that around with me!

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 3, 2020 at 9:35 am Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:58 pm

Was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me?

- UK Citizen, had Global Entry very early (2013).
- Entered under VWP, then married USA Citizen but overstayed to do Adjustment of Status to Green Card.
- Global Entry Expired.
- GC success, just shy of a year to process and now have the 2-year conditional PR (card in hand).

I would like to apply/renew for GE again but want to make sure I answer the questions correctly. The main one tripping me up is the "Have you ever been found in violation of immigration laws?" Yes, I did overstay the VWP for the AoS, which didn't affect the GC process as I'm married to a US Citizen but I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience and what to put for it? I'm planning on putting "Yes" and detailing that I overstayed due to the Adjustment of Status as I don't want to lie to CBP or mess up the application. I did ask my immigration lawyers for advice but they are not GE familiar at all so was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The question that you quoted is "Have you ever been found in violation of immigration laws?"

Did you initiate your Adjustment of Status before or after 90 days from your VWP entry?

Was there ever a finding that you overstayed or otherwise violated immigration laws? Your immigration attorney should be able to help you answer that question.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by RyanJW
Was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me?

- UK Citizen, had Global Entry very early (2013).
- Entered under VWP, then married USA Citizen but overstayed to do Adjustment of Status to Green Card.
- Global Entry Expired.
- GC success, just shy of a year to process and now have the 2-year conditional PR (card in hand).

I would like to apply/renew for GE again but want to make sure I answer the questions correctly. The main one tripping me up is the "Have you ever been found in violation of immigration laws?" Yes, I did overstay the VWP for the AoS, which didn't affect the GC process as I'm married to a US Citizen but I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience and what to put for it? I'm planning on putting "Yes" and detailing that I overstayed due to the Adjustment of Status as I don't want to lie to CBP or mess up the application. I did ask my immigration lawyers for advice but they are not GE familiar at all so was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance!

On Form 485 that you submitted for you GC, you should have had to answer the same question. I assume you waited for more than 90 days (VWP limit) to file your GC case, and this is the only concern you have, I think you can review your Form 485 and see how this question was handled and just do the same on your GE app.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: CBP
Originally Posted by Melodsal
Hi all,

I have had global entry for a while now but my green card was pickpocketed (in Madrid). Can I still use global entry with a temporary i-551 stamp in my passport? Does anyone have experience with this and how did it work?

Thanks for your input!

Cheers,

Victor
The older kiosks won't take you without a valid green card, but the Officer should still process you at that booth, because you are still in the GE program. My port would just have you fill out a normal blue declaration.

The new kiosks will recognize you by face, regardless of documents.
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.