Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Originally Posted by DanC17
I applied for Global Entry on January 30, 2019 and still no approval. My fiance was approved in less than a week and same story with my father and stepmother. I'm really hoping to be approved by end of the week since we have our honeymoon coming up in March. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Has anyone noticed a delay due to the government shutdown? Any tips to speed up the conditional approval so I can schedule the interview?
You might want to read the last couple of pages of this thread. Most have been waiting since November and are just now beginning to get approvals. I've been waiting since December 1st and have a trip next week. Not going to happen for me. Maybe enrollment on entry, but not before we leave.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:32 pm

I applied December 29th in the middle of the Government shutdown. Application is still pending review. What are the odds it gets processed by March or April? I'm planning to take a 10-12 day trip to Asia in early June and want to purchase my ticket sometime this Spring.

Also, on my application I goofed and it autofilled my City of Birth as the city I'm currently living in. So it basically says I'm from La Palma, Thailand. LOL.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Wife and I both applied late February 9th.

Conditionally Approved email came 1am on 2/14.

Interviews set for 3/2

May try walk in.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by AZwldcats

Interviews set for 3/2

May try walk in.
Did you and your wife both get approved from the same CBP office? It states on your approval letter what office processed and approved your application.
My wife's approval came from an office in Vermont. Never received an email, just approval on her account page.
I applied December 1st (before my wife!)and am still waiting for approval.
<deleted by moderator>.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm Reason: Fix BB Code, delete political commentary
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by elc2414

Interviews set for 3/2

May try walk in.
Did you and your wife both get approved from the same CBP office? It states on your approval letter what office processed and approved your application.
My wife's approval came from an office in Vermont. Never received an email, just approval on her account page.
I applied December 1st (before my wife!)and am still waiting for approval.
That's your federal government at work.
Yes, Both approved from:

WILLISTON, VT
PO BOX 946
Williston, VT 054

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:45 am

Yes, Both approved from:

WILLISTON, VT
PO BOX 946
Williston, VT 054
That's where my wife was approved from. Sounds like they are one of the very few who are getting their jobs done!

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 16, 2019 at 12:01 am Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Friend of mine applied for the first time on 1/25/19 and got conditional approval last week (around 2/7/19 or 2/8/19).

FWIW, I renewed my app same-day and am still waiting on conditional approval...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by elby2007
Do let us know what you hear back. I applied the day before you and am still waiting - also a US citizen abroad, so I am wondering if that's the reason for the delay.

just a quick update: I flew into Dulles airport and did the interview on arrival. The interviewer was super cool and the process took 15 mins. I was approved before the end of the day and it was a very smooth process. The folks at the cbp were just awesome.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by MarthaMartha
Same for me. FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got Conditional Approval yesterday after *54* days! I have a totally clean history too. Plus lived in same city for 20 years, same address for 10, been out of country once in past 5 yrs (france) and already had PreChek. Also have extremely uncommon name -- hyphenated last name and unusual first name so there is NO ONE with my name in the world but me. And yet I had to wait 2 solid months.

I think the poster awhile back who theorized that peopl's applications are randomly put into 3 tranches is right. He looked at people's data reported here and found most people fell into 3 groups of waiting period before getting Conditional Approval: 3-7 days, 35-40 days, 50-55 days. My kid (applied for her same day as me, in fact right AFTER me) got it in 7 days. I got mine in 54.

So if you find yourself waiting and waiting...it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. It's just how they do it.
I'm at 60 days now, but with the government shutdown in the middle of it. So there's that to factor in now, too.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:53 am

Wooooo just checked and got conditional approval!

Applied December 1

unfortunatley the nearest enrollment center (Richmond) doesn’t seem to do interviews anymore which leaves me a 5 hr drive to Dulles
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:10 am

Not sure where to post this

after interview and Approval

how long to get ‘Card’ in the Mail?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Harley0711
Not sure where to post this

after interview and Approval

how long to get ‘Card’ in the Mail?
Assuming you are eligible to get a card (US passport etc), about a week or so.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Assuming you are eligible to get a card (US passport etc), about a week or so.
not sure what you mean ‘Eligi/le’ ? I am new to yhis?

inwas asking about the Global entry card. NOT a passport card.

The card to show as we enter the GE Line , at cruise ports for example
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
That's where my wife was approved from. Sounds like they are one of the very few who are getting their jobs done!
Just checked and my wife's was also approved by that same office in VT (31 Dec - less than two weeks after we both applied, with mine still pending).

Originally Posted by Harley0711

not sure what you mean ‘Eligi/le’ ? I am new to yhis?

inwas asking about the Global entry card. NOT a passport card.

The card to show as we enter the GE Line , at cruise ports for example
Not all GE members can receive a card. Global Entry cards are only issued to GE members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents or Mexican nationals.
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Just checked and my wife's was also approved by that same office in VT (31 Dec - less than two weeks after we both applied, with mine still pending).

Not all GE members can receive a card. Global Entry cards are only issued to GE members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents or Mexican nationals.
yes, both of us are US citizens, wife got her interview on Dec 18 - just before shut down, still has Not recieved her Card? I had my interview on Saturday (Feb 9) assuming her card got delayed because of shutdown? If I get my card first, will have GE re-issue her card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.