Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Singapore and Lufthansa First, Turkish Airlines Business to Uzbekistan and Berlin!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore and Lufthansa First, Turkish Airlines Business to Uzbekistan and Berlin!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for posting Day 2 in Berlin: it was a great read.

Food is still cheap in Germany--you gotta' love EU 3,00 pasta!
Old May 12, 2009, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, folks, for the comments.

One more final exam . . . and then, we can finish this baby up. Thanks, dear readers.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Part 10. Click here, or see the OP.
Old May 17, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
pretty sweet trip report! Can't wait for the ending!

Do you say anywhere on your blog or other posts how you got so many miles, etc, as a student? I wish i could fly that much when I was a student!
Old May 18, 2009, 5:48 am

I don't want this to end
Old May 19, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
pretty sweet trip report! Can't wait for the ending!

Do you say anywhere on your blog or other posts how you got so many miles, etc, as a student? I wish i could fly that much when I was a student!
Lots of DEQM Mileage Runs to maintain the status, and before that, lots of Mileage Runs in general, is my guess.
Old May 19, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Brilliant report! Really enjoying it! ^

Nice to hear you appreciate TK C-class just as much as I did, it's such an undervalued airline.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

We're done!

All right, folks - after all my lies that I would finish this report ages ago, here it is! (Warning: it's realllllllllllllllly long).

Part 11, the final section of the epic. Click here, or see the OP.

Thanks for reading folks! As always, I'd love to hear any comments and suggestions.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PanHam
All right, folks - after all my lies that I would finish this report ages ago, here it is! (Warning: it's realllllllllllllllly long).

Thanks for reading folks! As always, I'd love to hear any comments and suggestions.
It's about time Gray! Geez.

Nicely done. ^
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by PanHam

wow a pretty strong criticism of the LH F food . Good TR as usual, FCT looks amazing-I have to get in there some time
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whakojacko
wow a pretty strong criticism of the LH F food . Good TR as usual, FCT looks amazing-I have to get in there some time
I have not written my TR yet, but I found the saddle of lamb to be terrible as well. Service was excellent in LH F, but both meals from FRA-LAX were really bad.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I have not written my TR yet, but I found the saddle of lamb to be terrible as well. Service was excellent in LH F, but both meals from FRA-LAX were really bad.
Agreed - service and seat were pretty darn good - but, food, not so much. Kind of the reverse from what I was expecting based on other reports from LH F.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Great finale!

That was a fantastic read. I really liked your evaluation/criticism of the food. I have two points. One is that if th food in LH F was not that good, it makes me feel better about UA. The other is that the LH F seats are not private "suites" like they are on UA. Just by the pictures, they look like business class seats with more legroom. This would give UA a slight edge also.

I say this not to compare LH & UA, but to make myself feel better about devoting so much money and travel to UA. People always say that UA international travel sucks, but looking at the LH seats and food, I'd say (with the new C seats on UA), UA is probably not that bad.

Great report!
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
That was a fantastic read. I really liked your evaluation/criticism of the food. I have two points. One is that if th food in LH F was not that good, it makes me feel better about UA. The other is that the LH F seats are not private "suites" like they are on UA. Just by the pictures, they look like business class seats with more legroom. This would give UA a slight edge also.

I say this not to compare LH & UA, but to make myself feel better about devoting so much money and travel to UA. People always say that UA international travel sucks, but looking at the LH seats and food, I'd say (with the new C seats on UA), UA is probably not that bad.

Great report!
Thanks for the comments, SFflyer! I agree that LH's F seats, because they are not suites, are behind other carriers' international F products. Still, though, I found that in the lie-flat bed setting, I have never experienced a finer bed - enough space, and most likely because they were not suites, enough space for my feet. Better than the suites that tend to taper at the end.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 1:45 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Nice report, I'd been looking forward to the final part. I may have missed it in there, but were you sitting next to anybody on LH? It seems to me like that lack of privacy in the seats would be less noticable if you had two to yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.