Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The trip of trips!! FRWSTAR2 around the world! 57 days, 34 flights, and a few trains…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The trip of trips!! FRWSTAR2 around the world! 57 days, 34 flights, and a few trains…

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:52 am

That was an amazing trip report! I can only dream of matching the claibre of the writing. It will be hard for anyone to repeat such a detailed and quality report.

I read this over two days at work and got absolutely nothing done! Luckily it was during the Xmas period so there wasn't much to do anyway!

Thanks again!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QFBoy
I can only dream of matching the claibre of the writing.
Indeed you can. Dream on, mate.

cheers,

Henry
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Sensational! ^^^
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Fraser
Sensational! ^^^
Thanks for the comment Fraser!!

Btw I just looked at the view count for this thread and it has passed 23,400 views now which is simply astounding!!
Yikes, when I started writing the report in November I had hoped for a few thousands views, at best.
Now when I just checked it seems like it's the third most read trip report of all times which is just incredible!!

Sorry, perhaps an unnecessary post, but just wanted to say thanks again for all the nice comments and positive reactions I have got. ^
I probably spent 60-80 hours writing everything and uploading all the pics, and it's so nice to see how very well received the report has been!!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by jacob_m
I probably spent 60-80 hours writing everything and uploading all the pics, and it's so nice to see how very well received the report has been!!
I can certainly attest to that! As a trip report writer myself doing all the photos, linking, text, proofreading and all that takes a LONG time and that is only for two, maybe four segments in my case! Getting the positive reviews certainly helps and makes it all feel worthwhile.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:58 am

Excellent, Jacob

Thanks for an excellent trip report.^ ^
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:34 am

This is an amazing trip report. Seriously. Nice work. ^
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
jacob,
All I say is - Wow!
I copied and pasted your entire report, plus commentary onto a WORD file for future reading and reference. Who knows, there might be a RTW in my future.
Good job! ^ Like the comprehensiveness of your "Comparison of Star Alliance First class/Premium products"
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
jacob_m that was just a superb report.^ I've just spent all Good Friday afternoon here in freezing Toronto reading it and hoping that one day I can get 2 months free to do a similar trip. What digital camera do you use for those in cabin pics?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the comments and a very Happy Easter!!

Originally Posted by Fraser
I can certainly attest to that! As a trip report writer myself doing all the photos, linking, text, proofreading and all that takes a LONG time and that is only for two, maybe four segments in my case! Getting the positive reviews certainly helps and makes it all feel worthwhile.
I know you have produced many nice reports yourself.
Especially the photos really take a long time (but greatly enhance the report at the end).
You need to select which ones to use, upload, include links, write descriptions, and then check that everything works properly. That's a few hours of work itself if you have plenty of photos to include.
But as you said, getting all the positive comments afterwards makes it so worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
What digital camera do you use for those in cabin pics?
I have a Canon IXUS 800 IS which I'm very happy with, I think the photo quality ended up being pretty decent.
In those cases where the quality is not what it could have been I have mostly myself to blame. If you take photos of meals and lounges you tend to want to get it done as quickly as possible to avoid too much unnecessary attention, and sometimes you're just a bit too quick...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I have spent quite some time this easter weekend to read Jacob’s trip report. I can’t write down in words how amazing this report is! A true 5 star report!

I’m sure you must have felt sad while approaching Arlanda at the end of your RTW adventure, but filled with memories and joy at the same time. Personally I even felt some sadness while closing in on the end of your report, I didn’t want it come to an end.
Thanks for writing it!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:52 am

Tack så mycket!

Really enjoyed reading this report, most impressed with its detail on the entire passenger experience. Great to read about a variety of carriers on various sectors and the non-flight components (e.g. staying in Japan, Canada, etc) were great too.
Old May 6, 2007, 8:49 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Really a good job, jakob_m.

Thanks for your informations !! The best trip report, that I ever read.
Old May 7, 2007, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gustaf
I can’t write down in words how amazing this report is! A true 5 star report!
Originally Posted by szg
The best trip report, that I ever read.
Wow, those are certainly not bad comments!!!

Tack så mycket and Vielen Dank!!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:25 pm

The trip report

Hi there. I am completely new at this as I have just joined. Having read the comments, I am keen to have a look at jacob's trip report but am not sure how to find it. Am trying to navigate my way around this forum, without much joy. Sorry and thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.