BA289 - Heathrow to Phoenix in FIRST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver

Note: Be warned – the following trip report is very detailed! Certain words are also linked to pictures!

London Heathrow (T4) to Phoenix Sky Harbor International – BA289

The departure time for my flight to Phoenix was scheduled for around 12:25pm. This would be my second trip in the nose of a 747-400 in FIRST (my last being to Lisbon during Euro2004). However it was my first flight in FIRST, which was a 'real' Long Haul flight. Consequently, I arrived at T4 at Heathrow around 09:30 to make good use of the Concorde Lounge.

As I approached the almost deserted desks that used to be dedicated to Concorde, I was initially asked my name and where I was going. By the time I had told them and reached the actual check-in desk, completed the usual formalities, my bag was checked and on its way, all within 90 seconds of entering the First Class check-in area. No wonder the area looks so deserted with this kind of efficiency!

From the point of being dropped off at the terminal to sitting down in the Concorde lounge, with the help of ‘Fast Track’, only 10 minutes had passed. A great start!

Soon I had ordered a Bacon Role, washed down with a nice glass of Perrier Jouët Champagne. As this flight would soon carry me over the Gold status threshold with the Executive Club, I have not had the pleasure of any of the First lounges as of yet. Maybe on one of my numerous trips in Club Europe!

Two hours before boarding went really quickly, especially after another glass of Champagne. I deliberately had no intention of visiting the Molton Brown Spa, even though I knew I could with my FIRST ticket – I was more than happy looking out the window trying to picture where Concorde once stood, rather than the KLM 767-300.

The walk to the gate seemed the opposite end of the terminal (I forget the exact gate number). However, not having done Long Haul with BA for at least 18 months prior to this flight, I did notice that there was a Fast Track queue for Club World and FIRST passengers which was most useful as quite a queue had built for the Traveller sections.

Once onboard, as soon as the crew realised I was destined to turn left, I was led to my seat, 2A on this flight, by a member of staff I later determined was based in the FIRST cabin. Even though I was told, briefly, at check-in that 1A was available, I had deliberately opted from 2A as I felt after sitting in 1K on my way to Lisbon, it was a little to overly private for my liking. I do like to see what is going on around me, rather than the feeling everyone was watching me, especially knowing the kind of status these seats usually demand.

I am not a lover of nuts, never have been and never will. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if I have a slight allergy to them, not that I would not eat them if there was nothing else, I just wouldn’t choose them. Therefore, seeing a plate of around five different types of nuts ranging from Peanut through to the Brazil’s was not ideal, although expected, I swiftly asked for some of the Pretzel Nuggets. Although the reaction from the crewmember was of one of surprise, I’m quite partial. Anyone who has flown BA on their Domestic routes, Traveller cabins and even Club Europe would have come across them. I’m quite partial, especially the Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar, and for someone who doesn’t like nuts, ideal. Soon she was back with a plate of them for me – a nice change to just being handed the packet. I was expecting great things.

Once my glass of Champagne had been drank, (somewhat smaller than the ones in the Concorde lounge), the rather attractive Anya bags were given out containing rather nice Molton Brown accessories, socks, eyeshade, etc. All of the contents had nice finishing details, particularly the socks tied with brown string. Once the cabin door had closed, a quick glance around the cabin revealed five out of the 14 seats occupied for the flight. Also I noticed the FIRST cushions which were added during the last remodelling.

We pushed back on schedule and the familiar 80’s safety video started, re-edited with clips of the flatbed Club World cabin. Throughout, one of the flight attendants stood by the wardrobe between 1A and 1K during which the man in 1A started inviting her for dinner latter, asking what she looks like with nothing on, and so on. Most surprising to say the least, and quite funny in a way yet embarrassing at the same time. Only a fellow traveller in 2K acknowledged the conversation by rolling his eyes at me at one point during the more saucy bits!

The crew ensured the screens were pushed down for takeoff, eventhough there was no mention of it in the safety demo video for First passengers, and we lined up for a 27L departure and then a turn out sharply to the North a few miles after takeoff. The quietness of sitting in the nose of a 747-400 is surreal. Even when hurtling down the runway at a terrific speed, the noise seems quieter than sitting in a car on a highway. Then as if by magic, the aircraft gracefully takes to the air, still with no major increase in noise. It is only when the higher altitudes are gained, say around 10,000 feet and the heavy aircraft accelerates does the noise start to increase. It think what adds to the whole experience, especially as the aircraft makes its turns, is the space all around you as these events unfold which contributes to a wonderful sense of luxury and opulence, while looking out of around four windows.

As we headed North West over the Manchester area, Menu’s were distributed. Lunch was the main meal for this flight due to the timing of the flight.

I must admit I was slightly disappointed after a quick glance through the menu as I was expecting steak to be one of the main courses. I had done a little homework looking at airlinemeals.net and therefore had seen wonderful pictures of Michel Rou* Filet Mignon (I think) however sadly it was not on the menu. Maybe the way back in September, I hoped.

Canapes were distributed while we made our selections. At this point I had a blanket wrapped around my legs and feet as it was quite cold, although it did warm up when we reached altitude.

As highlighted in the menu, I chose the salmon, salad with a balsamic vinegar (my favourite dressing – Caesar – was not available), the Lamb rogan josh, strawberry cheesecake and cheese and biscuits. The crew member looked at me as if I had two heads when I stated I wanted in fact, five courses which I didn’t think was unreasonable, as this was after all FIRST, the aircraft’s fourth cabin – at least the food can differentiate it from Club. Still it was agreed that I could have what I requested.

Shortly after making selections, as we headed over the Isle of Man, my walnut veneer table was layed with a cloth, salt and pepper grinders, and a basket of bread, together with the cutlery. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could return to metal cutlery one day?

The Menu comprised of the following:

----------
Starters
----------

Loch Fyne smoked salmon with dill-flavoured crème fraiche

Goat cheese and butternut squash terrine with red onion marmalade

White bean and roast tomato soup

Fresh salad leaves with your choice of dressing

--------
Main
--------

Lamb rogan josh with coriander mash

Lobster fish cakes with a light shellfish sauce, stir-fried spinach and vegetables

Fresh pasta with your choice of cherry tomato and basil sauce or spinach and Parmesan cheese sauce

Grilled herb-coated chicken with a wild mushroom salad and basil dressing

------------------
Desert and Cheese
------------------

Balsamic strawberry and Mascarpone cheesecake

Ice cream profiteroles with warm chocolate sauce

Wensleydale, Camembert, Hereford Hop, Fourme d’Ambert and unpasteurised Adrahan cheese

A basket of fresh fruit

A choice of
Espresso, cappuccino, coffee, decaffeinated coffee, tea or herbal tea

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The salmon was as good as any I have had on the ground. Nicely presented, a good start.

The very generous bowl of mixed salad leaves was next, which I did think was a little over dressed, as the dressing seemed to dominate all apart from the strongest tasting leaves. Some might say it would be enough to put you off Balsamic vinegar for life, however not too bad as I am a fan of salads anyway.

The main course was served next. We were over Northern Ireland at the time, so the pace of the meal was not too hectic. While I finished my Champagne, and had a refill during the first two course, my choice of wine with the entrée was requested. I opted for the Chateau Lynch-Bages 1995, Grand Cru Classe, Pauillac. Not being a wine connoisseur, it was the oldest of the three on offer, (let me know if you want the full listing), and therefore I thought a more vintage selection would be a good choice. It was indeed quite pleasant, not that I think one can tell that well at 37,000 feet anyway.

The lamb rogan josh was the best part of the meal so far. I must admit I was hesitant at the choice as I am a believer that mashed potato cooked badly can be a disaster. Thankfully they had it spot on. The lamb was very tender and quite a generous portion – together with the rogan josh sauce, and nan bread, made a rather interesting, quite satisfying combination.

My first dessert selection to be brought was the cheesecake, which was very pleasant. However the cheese and biscuits was very good. The selection was terrific, however the comment ‘They are not all for you, they are to be shared with everyone’ was not quite needed as I did realise there was far too much for one person. However, they were left with me for 30 minutes while I had a few more glasses of wine and a cup of tea, so if I had in fact polished them all off, I’m not quite sure what would have happened!

Everything was cleared away by the time we over flew Greenland. As people either started to settle down or sleep, all the windows were either closed, or requested to be closed by the crew. Then the blue ‘mood’ lighting from the ceiling was switched on.

I chose a video from ‘Firstview’ which showed the current selections of personal 8mm tapes they had this month. For those used to using camcorders which accept the 8mm or Hi8 format tapes, I expected something to ‘pop out’ from the armrest. In fact the tape was accepted a bit like the 8mm editing machines and conventional VHS VCR’s by pushing it through a flap, which was a bit of a fiddle as the cushion of the seat over hangs the space slightly. Having the luxury of stop starting the entertainment had far more appeal over what everyone behind me was watching on the fixed channel selection. I opted for ‘Risky Business’ a true classic and a personal favourite. During the movie, the crew kept coming around with the wine and water periodically which was a nice touch.

After the movie, and some 6 hours into the flight, I freshened up in the toilet. It was only when walking back to the galley area did the noise really start to build, and the reality of the quietness of sitting in FIRST becomes appreciated all the more. Furthermore, the toilet has a window in it with an LCD coating which become frosted when the door is opened, which was an interesting touch. The walnut wood panelling was continued in the toilet area, and I think the bathroom furniture, as a whole was upgraded in relation to normal aircraft toilet’s.

I returned briefly to my seat to change the movie and order a Bacon Roll. Expecting something like I had earlier in the Concorde lounge. It transpired that it was more like Nan Bread cut in half with some bacon slide in between. On reflection I think the tomato and Bean soup may have been a better choice.

My second movie choice was the movie Torque which was truly dreadful – eventhough I was expecting something like ‘The Fast and The Furious’ it was not. Must have been the worst movie I have ever seen. In fact I fell asleep, as I had the seat at about a 50 degee angle at this point. I awoke to the credits of the movie and discovered it was over, much to my delight.

At this point, I started to get a headache, so, even though it was only just after 8pm UK time, I tried to sleep. In fact I dozed, occasionally checking the moving map and only woke myself up when we had around an hour to go.

I was offered some cake or sandwiches prior to landing, however really didn’t feel like them what with my splitting headache by this point a still quite a full feeling from lunch. Once all the window shades were open, the extremely bright cloudless Arizona sky was quite disorientating, especially after sitting for the last 5 hours in absolute darkness and only made me feel worse. However, as the breathtaking rugged desert terrain passed close by outside, the anticipation of the landing made me feel a little better.

It is easy to forget just how big Phoenix actually is – and also just how flat!

Soon the America West A320’s and 757’s were coming into view as we made our final approach into Phoenix to make a very smooth landing.

As we disembarked, apart from the man who lost his credit card down the side of the folding table, the crew stopped Upper deck Club and lower deck aft of the stairs, from disembarking so we could get off first, which was quite impressive I thought and quite a bit of logistics to organise as everyone was keen to get off after 10 and half hours.

Phoenix is an absolute delight of an airport to pass through. Modern well designed, definitely my favourite western gateway out of LAX and SFO to enter the US. Certainly recommended!

(See the return trip below!)
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Phoenix Sky Harbor to London Heathrow (T4) - BA288

After an exciting week in Las Vegas ( ‘Magic’ conference ) and relaxing in Redondo Beach, California, I overnighted in Phoenix (Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort) who allowed a late check-out until 4pm, whether it was due to my Gold Card status in Hilton Honours, I don’t know.

Arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor around 2 hours before flying back. It was Labour day the following day, so the airport was quite quiet.

I waited only for a couple of minutes at the FIRST line at check-in as all desks were currently open serving the Traveller cabins. However, when a member of staff realised I had a FIRST ticket, they did they ensured I was checked in next. Again, check-in itself was as swift as at Heathrow.

Soon I was making the long walk to the BA FIRST/Executive Club lounges, as stated on the signage which I thought was quite extensive for a carrier with only one flight a day – most impressive none the less. The lounge is near the boarding gate, just up a few steps. Having not visited this lounge before, I was directed to the right which I assumed was the First lounge. However there was another lounge to the right which I assumed was the terraces lounge for Silver/Club World flyers.

The lounge was pleasant, not as small as I expected and the staff were very nice. I was first in the lounge (still around 90 minutes until departure). Out the windows a glimpse of the awaiting BA 747-400 could be seen along with Southwest alongside – quite I contrast I thought to myself.

After a Tanqueray G&T and, sometime later, a cup of English Breakfast. I noticed a couple leave the lounge and I imagine go downstairs for boarding. I followed minutes later, as it was only 25 minutes before the gate was due to close. As I left, the man at the desk asked me if I had heard the announcements in the lounge, to which I replied ‘No’. He then physically went into the lounge to tell the remaining five people in the lounge.

Of the seven people in the lounge, I discovered five of them were sitting in First. Boarding was a free for all, however I assumed most people had boarded by the time I reached the gate as the two line queue was quite small. When I reached the aircraft door, one of the crew personally took me to my seat, after which one of the ‘FIRST’ flight attendants asked me what I wanted to drink. I asked for Champagne.

As I could see she was armed ready with the infamous nut selection, I enquired whether I could have some of the Pretzel Nuggets which I am quite partial. In fact the request was taken even more by surprise than the way out. ‘I’ll have to get them in a while as they are back in Economy, it’s like a circus back there at the moment!’ A reasonable response, however I was a little taken back at first.

Around five minutes later they materialised – still in their packets this time – I was given three packets. I must have been spoilt having them on a plate on the way out from Heathrow.

Soon we were pushing back and the cabin had around seven seats occupied – a latecomer destined for 1A boarded at the last moment. I later heard whispers from the crew that he was a basketball player although I didn’t catch the name. He was very tall! Furthermore, as the crew collected the plates and glasses, personal video selection sheets were distributed to make a few choices if another passenger currently had the title I may have chosen. This was certainly not something I had been given on the way out.

What I did find interesting was that the crew made no attempt to tell people to stow the personal screens. Even the ones in the unoccupied seats were left out. In fact what I was even more amazed at was the way people started watching their 8mm cassettes they had chosen as we were lining up for takeoff as if totally oblivious what was going on outside. Even though I think I fly quite often (around 50 times a year) I always like to watch a takeoff, day or night. Especially in the 747 and expecially in FIRST as there is such an array of windows to peer out and appreciate the moment. On this occasion, it was most useful to watch the moving map as we took off as it told the precise speed of rotation at take-off – around 190mph, if I recall correctly.

Menu’s were distributed shortly after take-off when our requested after take-off cocktail/beverage was given. I must admit I was slightly disappointed. There are two things I avoid where possible – asparagus and Rhubarb. Therefore seeing asparagus on the menu twice (if you count the canapés) and Rhubarb in the cheesecake did not excite me.

The table was then layed for dinner.

The menu is highlighted below:

-----------
Starters
-----------

Fresh lobster with lemon mayonnaise

Shiitake mushrooms with roast balsamic Mediterranean vegetables

Asparagus soup

Fresh salad leaves with a choice of dressings.

-----
Main
-----

Fillet of lamb with a mustard and herb crust, spinach and roast sea-salted potatoes

Char siu breast of duck with stir-fried vegetables and jasmine rice

Steak and ale pie

Penne pasta with your choice of tomato and olive ragout or Gorgonzola cheese sauce topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Seared Atlantic salmon on Caesar salad

-------------------
Dessert and Cheese
-------------------

Chocolate and hazelnut tart

Rhubarb cheesecake with raspberry coulis

A selection from our cheeseboard

A basket of fresh fruit

Tea and Coffee

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I chose the lobster, lamb and the cheeseboard.

I was very tempted by the Steak and ale pie, however the crew said I would be very disappointed, so I chose the lamb instead. To drink I stayed initially with the Champagne and moved on with the entrée to the Rodney Strong Symmetry 1999, Alexander Valley which slipped down rather easily and I ended up having most of the bottle.

The lobster was fine if not outstanding, however the lamb entrée was quite superb. Cooked rather well, if a little overdone, however the cheese went well and the potatoes were quite pleasantly sweet which went well with the strong tasting spinach parcels.

Before, the Dessert, I asked the crew if I could try the Steak and Ale pie. After around 10 minutes, needed to prepare it, I was astonished at what could, for some poor sole, be their entrée for their flight. I would say the pie was of Tesco Value quality (for those familiar with the supermarket chain Tesco in the UK) served simply with what looked like frozen pees. The meat had a very stewed steak out of a tin taste and the pastry was dreadful. If I’d have bought it in Tesco, I would have taken it back – it was that bad. Absolutely shocking for a choice on the FIRST menu – really no need at all.

After that bit of excitement and shock horror, the cheese and biscuits were fine. I watched my movie choice – Wonderworld ( I think it was called – the one with Val Kilmer set in the 80’s) which was actually rather good with a brilliant soundtrack, especially the opening titles tune.

Fortunately the movie was not too long (I had started watching it after the hateful steak pie) so I was ready for bed an hour after the meal service.

I changed into my sleep suite in the toilet and gave my clothes to the crew who hung them on a hangar in the closet. As I reclined my seat to horizontal, the crew brought me my duvet and pillow and a glass of water for the night.

For those of you who have not experienced flat bed seats on an aircraft – when I laid down, and was able to fully stretch out (I am 6ft tall), sleep on both of my sides, even curling the knees, it is an absolutely brilliant feeling. I was asleep in within minutes it was that comfortable.

I awoke naturally which turned out to be five hours later around 100 miles off the coast of Northern Ireland. I was the first to wake in the cabin. I have read some reviews of people stating that due to the angle the aircraft cruises at, they felt their legs were higher than their head. I had no such experience, I felt as if I was totally flat and not on a slope at all.

I requested my clothes to change back into for Breakfast. After changing, most of the cabin were waking around me. The following was offered for Breakfast:

---------
Starters
---------

Chilled fruit juice

An energising fruit smoothie

A selection of fruit, plain yoghurts and cereals

Fresh seasonal plate

---------
Bakery
---------

A wide selection of breakfast pastries and rolls

------
Main
------

Scrambled eggs, grilled bacon, pork sausages, sautéed mushrooms, grilled tomato and hash-brown potatoes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fresh seasonal plate was a nice start (as fruit is to any breakfast) together with a croissant which was as solid as a rock which was a slight disappointment after having such nice fresh ones recently on my numerous Club Europe flights.

However the cooked breakfast was superb. Easily as good as something ordered in a good Hotel restaurant, however after becoming accustomed to the rather addictive salty taste of the Club Europe cooked breakfast, such perfection here was a little hard to accept.

Once I had drank two cups of tea and the table was cleared away, we were making out decent over Manchester bound for Heathrow. After the usual holding for a turn on the runway for landing, we were on the ground and on our way to Terminal 4 which takes a good 20 minutes if you lands on 09L at Heathrow.

Once again, FIRST were the ‘first’ to disembark and when I reached the carousel, my bag was one of the first off, whether this was luck or destined to occur, I don’t know as I think the small white label with FIRST written in Silver would be a little difficult for the busy baggage handlers to see – I don’t think they are that organised.

As I had someone kindly picking me up to take me home, I missed out the arrivals lounge altogether – a delight I am sure I will have on a future trip.

---------------
Conclusion
---------------

On reflection, the trip in FIRST was much as I expected as anyone who reads Flyertalk.com often enough will be aware of most things, there will be few surprises. However, little touches like the Pretzel Nuggets served on a small plate and a box of Belgian chocolates were a nice surprise. Furthermore, the seat is truly outstanding and makes it extremely easy to sleep. In fact I have never adjusted so well coming back to the UK after an 8 hour time difference. I was able to get up and be in work by 08:30 the following day no problems – I even slept fine when I got home and went to bed at my usual time for the UK.

However, I really don’t think it is worth £7000 which someone would pay. I was fortunate to be able to upgrade my Club World ticket which cost a fifth of the price with 50,000 BA miles which I think was just about worth it. However, having never flown recently in Club World since they had the flatbeds installed, I will be interested when I fly next to the states in Club World next year to how they compare.

If I was judging the experience from start to finish as a whole from the premise of paying £7000, I would expect a much better menu selection and better wines.

However, the service from the crew was exemplerary. However I do think the flight on the way out was slightly better and really it just goes to show how dependent the whole experience is on the crew to sway it one way or the other. After all, something has to be outstanding, otherwise you would be thinking you could have taken 20 people along with you in WorldTraveller for the price of one ticket!
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Excellent report, flyclub, a pleasure to read.

All the more interesting as I'm doing my first First a week on Saturday to YVR, so it was interesting to read what the service is like on those west coast flights.

PhilH
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyclub
We pushed back on schedule and the familiar 80’s safety video started, re-edited with clips of the flatbed Club World cabin. Throughout, one of the flight attendants stood by the wardrobe between 1A and 1K during which the man in 1A started inviting her for dinner latter, asking what she looks like with nothing on, and so on. Most surprising to say the least, and quite funny in a way yet embarrassing at the same time. Only a fellow traveller in 2K acknowledged the conversation by rolling his eyes at me at one point during the more saucy bits!

"Flyclub"- interesting report.

One assumes that the technique above may sometimes work - but one would expect that the more likely result is an "accidental" spilling of hot coffee onto the area of the Genitals!

Tony Bailey
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
An excellent report. I will be flying BA in First from SIN to MEL in November and LHR-DXB-LHR in Janaury and am looking forward to both flights. Thanks for the effort!
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
This is one of the finest Trip Reports about the actual flights and service that I've seen in quite some time. Well done, flyclub! And thanks for those menu transcripts - an integral part of any properly written Trip Report! ^
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent report.

Sad to see that the catering is a hit and miss to the US as it was on my flights to SYD this year. The Lynch Bages is a nice additional to the wine list though.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Good report but was it really neccisary to capitialize the entire word "FIRST" each time?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
What a lovely and delightful report, as usual I love the details, attitudes and reaction of crew and of course my favourite the flute of champagne, that is my preferred beverage.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
A real pleasure to read, flyclub. Made me feel as though I was enjoying the pleasures of BA's F service myself. ^ :-:
Old Sep 14, 2004, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Nice report ^
Very surprised travelling to Lisbon in FIRST seat 1K on 747-400
Old Sep 14, 2004, 9:23 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
We get it - you flew in First Class. While I certainly enjoyed the outstanding detail in your report, I really think you went overboard a bit with capitalizing FIRST in just about every other sentence.

Thank you again for the detail though.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:11 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Good report but was it really neccisary to capitialize the entire word "FIRST" each time?
You might have to ask the friendly folk at BA that question, just take a look at their website and you'll see they have quite a liking for it too http://www.britishairways.com/travel...c/public/en_au
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Thanks for a top-notch report! ^
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:54 pm

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Thanks for your excellent report, flyclub. I especially love those FC meal pics! (but I think the plastic knives and forks certianly took some of the shine off the meal )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.