Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Move over Alaska, Air Canada is the new Worst in North America airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I'll give United props for at least throwing in some fruit into their snack basket, and giving other options other than just chips and candy. Last year on AA from ORD to LAX, we did not even get a snack basket.

DSC06472 by B H, on Flickr
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by seat38a
I'm guessing your fine with wearing your neighbors coffee for the next 6+ hours? Hot, warm or cold, the point is no one wants to wear a cup of coffee.
Of course not. But I was responding to this post's hyperbole about a Starbucks purchased before boarding being a medical risk at takeoff:

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I think the point is that, during a rough takeoff, the possibly scalding hot contents of the Starbucks cup could be a major issue. Spilled cool/room temperature water is an inconvenience, scalding hot coffee/tea could be a medical issue.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Dusit
The unfortunate aspect of this well documented post is that most of the people at AC who need to read it, will not and of those who do, they will not care.

This thread validates the statements made on the why do so many people bash AC thread.
The old expression of pennywise, pound foolish rings true for AC.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Indeed, the point was the temp. How he figured out it was a BMW is pretty good though.
Google 'effecientdynamics'.

Which rental car company offers the BMW's there?

Two more comments:

1) At least the lovely MrsSFO777 was not on the trip with you!

2) What's with your rekindled love for UA? Are you feeling OK? Do we need an intervention?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Google 'effecientdynamics'.
Which rental car company offers the BMW's there?
Two more comments:
1) At least the lovely MrsSFO777 was not on the trip with you!
2) What's with your rekindled love for UA? Are you feeling OK? Do we need an intervention?
Thanks Lark.
I rented from Avis. Avis YUL is great about upgrading PC members. My Beamer cost less than US$40 AI for the day.
This was mostly business so Mrs. SFO777 stayed home. LOL on my new found love for UA. That was then, this is now. Doug trashed AA and moved them from first to worst and essentially eliminated saver awards, I have no reason to stay. Oscar is a breath of fresh air compared to Jeff and UA has been great so far. MP is great for awards and *A is clearly the best alliance. Heck, I'm even 100% on 1K upgrades. Although it is still a meaningless 2/2 sample but upgraded at the window on both flights.
But I'm a free agent and now choose flights based the on the best combination of fare, convenience and service. I'm returning from NY tomorrow on JetBlue Mint.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
....on my new found love for UA. That was then, this is now. Doug trashed AA and moved them from first to worst and essentially eliminated saver awards, I have no reason to stay. Oscar is a breath of fresh air compared to Jeff and UA has been great so far. MP is great for awards and *A is clearly the best alliance.....
I knew you wouldn't stay away.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by mapleg
Why 11am? Because it is still the morning. Not many people eat lunch in North America at 11am. You may be different. Kudos to you.
quoting for posterity....er absurdity. wow. AC fanboys out in full force. oh how beloved AC can do no wrong.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madone59
I knew you wouldn't stay away.[/IMG]
LOL. Excellent.
Thanks Madone59... from 35,000 ft. on a UA 753 from LAX-ORD.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:12 pm

Why do you say *A is best alliance? Just curious. I like most partners, network is good. Only SQ refuses to play ball with awards.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Why do you say *A is best alliance? Just curious. I like most partners, network is good. Only SQ refuses to play ball with awards.
While this wasn't directed at me....just my thoughts.

Skyteam? It's Delta, KLM/AF, KE, and for the most part, a ramshackle collection of 2nd/3rd tier airlines that don't have extensive route networks. Add in that DL doesn't allow you to book F awards on partners and generally has an absurd award chart questions its value for North America based flyers.

OW is ok, but IMO the best value for NA based flyers is AA's non oneworld partners like QR. I mean the other big OW carriers are BA, CX, and QF. NA-Europe is a huge weak spot for OW when it comes to awards.

*A hits everything. You have more options than you could need to Europe (UA, LH, AC, LX, OS, TK), lots of options to Asia w/ UA, NH, SQ and even Eva.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

OW is ok, but IMO the best value for NA based flyers is AA's non oneworld partners like QR. I mean the other big OW carriers are BA, CX, and QF. NA-Europe is a huge weak spot for OW when it comes to awards.
QR is oneworld
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
QR is oneworld
That's what happens when you rely on google result #1 and it's after 11pm... my bad. I still have yet to fly QR.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Interesting TR, SFO777... to be honest I didn't find it too horrific looking at your pictures, but perhaps you have a comparison of the regional airlines that accentuates their problems.

It's a pity, I am going to live in Canada from the end of this year - I guess I'll have to find another regional carrier
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
krazykanuck has a good summary of the alliances below. Lots of great airlines with the best network. While it is true that SQ doesn't release award seats to partners, KF is a pretty generous program with excellent SQ saver award availability and credit card partners for mileage transfers.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
While this wasn't directed at me....just my thoughts.
Skyteam? It's Delta, KLM/AF, KE, and for the most part, a ramshackle collection of 2nd/3rd tier airlines that don't have extensive route networks. Add in that DL doesn't allow you to book F awards on partners and generally has an absurd award chart questions its value for North America based flyers.
*A hits everything. You have more options than you could need to Europe (UA, LH, AC, LX, OS, TK), lots of options to Asia w/ UA, NH, SQ and even Eva.
Thanks krazykanuck, except for the QR thing.
EY is AA's non-OW partner.

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
QR is oneworld
Thanks PVDtoDEL.

Originally Posted by SAtraveller
Interesting TR, SFO777... to be honest I didn't find it too horrific looking at your pictures, but perhaps you have a comparison of the regional airlines that accentuates their problems.
It's a pity, I am going to live in Canada from the end of this year - I guess I'll have to find another regional carrier
Say it ain't so. You are moving from beautiful SA?? Is this a temporary or permanent move?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: FT
Say it ain't so. You are moving from beautiful SA?? Is this a temporary or permanent move?
what...no beauty in Canada? ....it's not like we are a gulag up here in YYZ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.