30th birthday trip...... ABZ-DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL-OGG-HNL-LIH-HNL-LAX-LHR-DUB-ABZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30th birthday trip...... ABZ-DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL-OGG-HNL-LIH-HNL-LAX-LHR-DUB-ABZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Great Report and lovely photos, staying in Dub next year each night of an Ex EU trip can you recommend the Crowne Plaza?, we usually stay at what was Bewleys but think its gone downhill a bit.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The Hilton DUB was fine for an o/n ... £60, and a decent bar/restaurant. Shuttle bus there is free, €2 p/p back to the airport. See the SAV TR in my signature for a bit more detail - it's a 10-15 bus ride, but that's no great grief.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by red duster
Great Report and lovely photos, staying in Dub next year each night of an Ex EU trip can you recommend the Crowne Plaza?, we usually stay at what was Bewleys but think its gone downhill a bit.
Thanks red duster. Yes - the Crowne Plaza is a very nice hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there. The free shuttle bus to and from the airport is also very handy.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for that, can't believe i missed that TR, doing DUB-PHL-LAS next year in J.^
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Originally Posted by stu1985
Thanks red duster. Yes - the Crowne Plaza is a very nice hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there. The free shuttle bus to and from the airport is also very handy.
I also stopped at the Crowne Plaza and it was good. The bar has a half decent menu.

Only problem was a power cut around 9pm, which meant cold showers in the morning. Not a great start for a long day of travelling.

The shuttle bus only takes 10mins to and from the Airport. We took a taxi on our return due to the amount of luggage we had and it was only 14Euro.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
I also stopped at the Crowne Plaza and it was good. The bar has a half decent menu.

Only problem was a power cut around 9pm, which meant cold showers in the morning. Not a great start for a long day of travelling.

The shuttle bus only takes 10mins to and from the Airport. We took a taxi on our return due to the amount of luggage we had and it was only 14Euro.
Oh no! Nightmare! Thankfully there were no power cuts while I was there. Shuttle bus was very quick and I had a brilliant Irish guy driving the bus who was telling me all about a trip to Cuba he's taking with 6 of his mates for their 50th birthdays. Great guy!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I very much enjoyed this report. Also, I turn 30 myself in just two weeks so now I know what to expect
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks CMK10! The big day is two weeks tomorrow......the dread has already set in!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:55 am

Hi stu - sent you a PM but just in case you see this instead:

When you disembarked at LAX, did you have to recheck your checked luggage to HNL? Or was your luggage checked all the way from LHR to HNL?

If you had to recheck your checked luggage, what was the process and how long did it take? Did you have to go from Tom Bradley to T4 to do so?

Thank you very much!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by splings
Hi stu - sent you a PM but just in case you see this instead:

When you disembarked at LAX, did you have to recheck your checked luggage to HNL? Or was your luggage checked all the way from LHR to HNL?

If you had to recheck your checked luggage, what was the process and how long did it take? Did you have to go from Tom Bradley to T4 to do so?

Thank you very much!
Welcome to FlyerTalk splings.

In this case, stu1985 will have collected luggage and re-checked it at LAX.

There is a customs inspection of all luggage when connecting from an international flight from outside the United States (LHR-LAX) to a domestic flight within the United States (LAX-HNL).

After the Customs inspection there is a bag drop point in the TBIT.

On the return journey, the bags can go straight back to the UK, although the US Department of Agriculture and the Hawaiian Department of Agriculture may inspect your bags before you leave the State of Hawaii.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:17 am
Original Poster

I have just replied to your PM splings. Welcome to FT! Hope you enjoyed the report!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.