Reload this Page >

30th birthday trip...... ABZ-DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL-OGG-HNL-LIH-HNL-LAX-LHR-DUB-ABZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30th birthday trip...... ABZ-DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL-OGG-HNL-LIH-HNL-LAX-LHR-DUB-ABZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:01 am

What a great report. Loved reading it and seeing your pics. Glad you had a great time.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
This looks like a good report, stu1985 - would you be able to reduce the size of the images please, as some of them are HUGE on my 13" MBA?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by ellielovesem
Another great report stu1985

What a way to celebrate your 30th, what will you do for your 40th? It will be here before you know it

Seriously though, I do admire your solo travelling. It's always such a pain if you're a fan of travel and you don't have anyone to go with so if you're brave enough to go it alone it seems very rewarding.
Ha! Thanks ellielovesem. I hope my 40th doesn't come around that quickly! I'm happy going places myself. Sometimes come across some very interesting people!

Originally Posted by SYDSiderFlyer
What a great report. Loved reading it and seeing your pics. Glad you had a great time.
Thanks SYDSiderFlyer for your kind comments.

Originally Posted by Genius1
This looks like a good report, stu1985 - would you be able to reduce the size of the images please, as some of them are HUGE on my 13" MBA?
I only realised yesterday that things had gone to pot when someone else messaged me. I will reduce the size - I have started already on page 4. I hadn't actually realised that everything had gone wonky. Bear with me, it might take some time to get the URLs copied over...!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thank you for the last part of your TR, very enjoyable read, and agree the photos were rather wide, but they did give a fantastic image of the views. Hope now you are back in the land of the living and have recovered from the jet lag, and now planning your 40th, as people say it will be here before you can say jack robinson^
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ellielovesem
Another great report stu1985

What a way to celebrate your 30th, what will you do for your 40th? It will be here before you know it

Seriously though, I do admire your solo travelling. It's always such a pain if you're a fan of travel and you don't have anyone to go with so if you're brave enough to go it alone it seems very rewarding.
I know what you mean ellielovesem.
I did two solo trips last year - one weekend to Malta and a cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles. I don't think I'll do it again - I did feel lonely.
I thought I'd try a trip report on one of them and was well pleased with my writing, then it came to trying to upload pics and I was snookered. I even pm'd STU1985 to help me but I was stumped.

Anyway, Stu I feel your pain. I got REALLY ill the night before returning from Melbourne a couple of years ago.
I had to come home all the way from MEL via SYD/SIN/LHR before I got home to ABZ. I was in QF Y+ (which was brilliant, shame I never managed to eat anything).
Brilliant report yet again mate, please come with me in December, take and upload my pics - I can do the writing so you can relax. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
JamieABZ ... if an old bloke can cope with image uploads, so can you!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-course.html

Feel free to PM me for a simple guide to using Photobucket [which may not be the best, but I've got used to it].
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Thank you T8191 - I took Stu's advice and uploaded all my pics to a Flickr account, got home and lost the will to try again because it didn't work the first time! Gggggrrrrr.
I will give it a go again - my YVR/LAX cruise I thought was a good one to do because of the range of destinations I visited (including the Boeing factory in Seattle - I almost cried with excitement when I got there, but cameras were banned sadly), plus BA UD out and AF Y+ home.
Maybe see you at the London DO and it may make more sense through beer goggles!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA5E
Thank you for the last part of your TR, very enjoyable read, and agree the photos were rather wide, but they did give a fantastic image of the views. Hope now you are back in the land of the living and have recovered from the jet lag, and now planning your 40th, as people say it will be here before you can say jack robinson^
Thanks BA5E - yes, back in the land of the living now. No 40th planning yet......next year planning, maybe!

Originally Posted by JamieABZ

Anyway, Stu I feel your pain. I got REALLY ill the night before returning from Melbourne a couple of years ago.
I had to come home all the way from MEL via SYD/SIN/LHR before I got home to ABZ. I was in QF Y+ (which was brilliant, shame I never managed to eat anything).
Brilliant report yet again mate, please come with me in December, take and upload my pics - I can do the writing so you can relax. Thanks!
Thanks JamieABZ - hopefully you will get the pics thing sorted - I see Uncle T has given you a link ! More than happy to come with you in December, provided it is all expenses paid
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Awesome TR! Loved your HNL part. Sorry about the prawn mishap.

Quick question: was the HNL-LAX-LHR-DUB all on one itinerary? If yes, did you get the TP's/miles for the flight that you missed? And, more importantly, I am glad that you were able to fly the remainig legs. I always thought, if you missed the first leg, your entire itinerary gets cancelled automatically?! Just wondering, why you didn't call the BAEC Gold line when you missed your first leg, as opposed to AA, to put you in F on the next available flight?

Again, great TR, and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Awesome TR! Loved your HNL part. Sorry about the prawn mishap.

Quick question: was the HNL-LAX-LHR-DUB all on one itinerary? If yes, did you get the TP's/miles for the flight that you missed? And, more importantly, I am glad that you were able to fly the remainig legs. I always thought, if you missed the first leg, your entire itinerary gets cancelled automatically?! Just wondering, why you didn't call the BAEC Gold line when you missed your first leg, as opposed to AA, to put you in F on the next available flight?

Again, great TR, and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
Thanks for reading the TR AvidFlyer1990. Yes, all one itinerary. I thought that the ticket may be cancelled too but it wasn't. Well, if it was, the check in agent at LAX managed to sort it out in less than 2 mins! If I had been thinking clearer, I probably would have called BA to get put on the next flight. Although that still left me in the same conundrum of potentially missing the LAX-LHR flight. I have emailed BA explaining the circumstances and am awaiting their reply!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
All should be reduced now Genius1......hope that's better!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by stu1985
All should be reduced now Genius1......hope that's better!
By Jove, he's cracked it!! ^
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
By Jove, he's cracked it!! ^
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Am I the only one who thinks the cutlery in the LAX lounges is so tacky!? It looks more like army issue than what should be used in a luxury lounge.

Thanks for the latest photos stu1985. Oh how I'd love to be 30 again.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
Am I the only one who thinks the cutlery in the LAX lounges is so tacky!? It looks more like army issue than what should be used in a luxury lounge.

Thanks for the latest photos stu1985. Oh how I'd love to be 30 again.
Ha - maybe a bit. It is quite chunky, isn't it?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.