Cathay's New Manchester Service: CX358 J Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay's New Manchester Service: CX358 J Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by aireuropa0657
Isn't the refurbished B A first and business class considered one of the finest? The rendered pictures looked very elegant
the CX business seat and the BA first seat are not that different! And the CX product is 4 years old.

That should clearly tell you that CX>>>>>>>BA
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Kachjc
the CX business seat and the BA first seat are not that different! And the CX product is 4 years old.

That should clearly tell you that CX>>>>>>>BA
Don't quite get what you're trying to say here... I guess you mean BA's business class is not that different from that of Cathay? And are you trying to say that the CX product is aging

Based on all this why are you saying CX is much better than BA?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Meh
Don't quite get what you're trying to say here... I guess you mean BA's business class is not that different from that of Cathay? And are you trying to say that the CX product is aging

Based on all this why are you saying CX is much better than BA?
One way of reading it

The CX J seat is 4 years old, but not far off the newer BA F seat. CX is superior to the BA J offering in my opinion. This is due to the seat mainly.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Exp
aireuropa0657 Mate you must be having a laugh here... The CX Cirrus seat is widely considered as one of the best J product in the market

Plus I personally really don't like the idea of a rear facing seat as in BA's CW, it feels extremely awkward during take off
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:59 am

sorry guys if I sounded like a massive idiot... have not been fortunate enough to do many business class trips, so not really up to date in this field.

thanks for all the info!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry guys if I sounded like a massive idiot... have not been fortunate enough to do many business class trips, so not really up to date in this field.
Not at all, everyone is entitled to his opinion. I actually prefer to face backwards when travelling, on the train or on the plane, and I enjoy looking down on the engines and the runway with a glass of Taittinger in hand during the climb out. Best part of the flight in my opinion. ^ ^
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:47 pm

Soory for the late reply calchas! I imagine facing backwards on a plane would be quite an experience!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
7500 Asia Miles
not demanding cash/credit is why they will try to weasel out like this

you did not receive premium product you booked
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: ABBA
Isn't the refurbished B A first and business class considered one of the finest? The rendered pictures looked very elegant
LOL

No

Ba Business was groundbreaking 15 years ago when it was first introduced. I still like it to be honest, and I like the novelty of flying backwards.

However comparing BA First with anything other than other carriers business is a lesson in embarrassment. Even the U.S. Carriers have surpassed it now, but try comparing something like CX, EK, SQ Firsts with BA and you'll find no comparison at all.

Here's a BA First class trip report
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lth-class.html
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great TR, some great pics too, that cockpit looks impressive ✈️
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
not demanding cash/credit is why they will try to weasel out like this

you did not receive premium product you booked
To say that I didn't receive a premium product just because of a disappointing breakfast would be harsh

The crew was fantastic throughout the flight
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:40 am

so much for poor performance...
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/eu..._133976169.htm

CX looking to go daily.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so much for poor performance...
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/eu..._133976169.htm

CX looking to go daily.
"Launched last December, the service is the only non-stop link outside of London to China, and it is already proving to be a success with travelers in the North of England and Scotland."
Bit of a stretch there

I'll be interested to see if the LBA-LHR BA shuttle is still packed full of Chinese students* connecting to CX at the end of this academic term.

* Well that's what I presume they are!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
"Launched last December, the service is the only non-stop link outside of London to China, and it is already proving to be a success with travelers in the North of England and Scotland."
Bit of a stretch there

I'll be interested to see if the LBA-LHR BA shuttle is still packed full of Chinese students* connecting to CX at the end of this academic term.

* Well that's what I presume they are!
why is it a stretch?
CX codeshares with flybe to Scotland so they would know how many passengers are flying there...

I can't imagine an airline with a record of adding destinations at a slow cautious pace would suddenly change their business plan and cater it towards low yield students...

this route is also for more O and D space on the LHR flights as CX can't expand there...
LHR was at 99% load factor in August- aka CX was turning potential customers away
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why is it a stretch?
CX codeshares with flybe to Scotland so they would know how many passengers are flying there...

I can't imagine an airline with a record of adding destinations at a slow cautious pace would suddenly change their business plan and cater it towards low yield students...

this route is also for more O and D space on the LHR flights as CX can't expand there...
LHR was at 99% load factor in August- aka CX was turning potential customers away
I am aware there are codeshares to Scotland and IOM on CX*BE. But given that BE is buy-on-board, and BA is obliged to offer foreign airlines cheap domestic connections, I think it is more likely folks will be on the BA flight to LON and then catch the CX flight from there. But I do not have the numbers to say.

As for the students—I have seen them regularly for a while on the BA shuttle to/from LBA at the term start and finish, and I don't think they are low yielding. Educating wealthy foreigners is big business in the UK. From the conversations I've had quite a few I see are connecting onto CX business class. But this is anecdotal and I may be mistaken in drawing a conclusion.

My curiosity is merely whether traffic will be drawn away form LBA to MAN if there is a direct service to HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.