Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Former CNN and BBC anchor Owen Thomas flies British Airways First ('Filth') Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former CNN and BBC anchor Owen Thomas flies British Airways First ('Filth') Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

This is what first class in BA is really like. London to Saint Lucia on 17th January 2015. We saved for a trip of a lifetime and this is what we got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYgUA4yIU2w
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaymar01
This is what first class in BA is really like. London to Saint Lucia on 17th January 2015. We saved for a trip of a lifetime and this is what we got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYgUA4yIU2w
Obviously that is shocking but not that surprised. From cold food that should be hot in the Concorde Room through to not having enough meals.....

Can't wait for the die hard BA fans on here to defend this video.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:22 pm

Is this not more suited to 'celebs fly BA'?

However the state of that first cabin is horrific but let's be honest, it's the Gatwick fleet.

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Can't wait for the die hard BA fans on here to defend this video.
Don't worry, they'll be along in a minute.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Just give him 10K Avios rather than actually cleaning up the mess.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Just give him 10K Avios rather than actually cleaning up the mess.
LOL
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:06 pm

From what I've seen from fuel stopovers at various airports, the cleaners that descend on the cabin are all contractors. So, BA should be getting the same cleaning crews (Air Serv, ISS etc) as any other airline that uses those companies? I don't understand why BA aircraft are so filthy - do they refuse to pay for the same level of service as other airlines?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
It's dirty but I don't expect those areas to be that clean. Maybe a function of spending most of my life on USA based carriers.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
BBC anchor????? I've never heard of the bloke!

Yes, it is dirty, the cleaners clearly have not done their job properly. Or maybe this was filmed at the end of a flight? To be honest I don't 100% trust the media, not even this DYKWIA anchor...who I don't know!

EDIT: just checked on Google....sorry, still don't know who he is!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Former CNN and BBC anchor Owen Thomas flies British Airways First Class

Dirty and absolutely no excuse for that. However, I wouldn't say that's typical of the F cabin. I've certainly never experienced that.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
That dirt looks like it's been there for quite a long time. There's no excuse for it to be allowed to become that bad. It's quite shameful really.

I don't understand the CCR comments above; there was no mention of the CCR in the video.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't understand the CCR comments above; there was no mention of the CCR in the video.
Same, that confused me as well.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:59 am

Horrible. I'm sure the fan boys will be along soon though.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Or maybe this was filmed at the end of a flight?
You think one pax can shed that much dust during a single flight?

Perhaps being a BA cleaner is harder than we realise?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Ewwww!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I have experienced far worse on other airlines- I once had to request they clean my tray table again (in F) as it had clearly been wiped with a cloth so filthy that just touching the table made my hands smell ... that was not on BA, but the fact is that all airlines are at the mercy of contract cleaners. All you can do ius tell the crew and hope they fill out a report which may or may not get to someone at the cleaning company ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.