Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Amazing TR, the photos are spectacular!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Plat
Amazing trip report. I went to the south of France and Paris last August and your pictures are really making me miss it!!!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Amazing trip report and simply stunning pixs!!! You have done a brilliant job as a first timer :-)
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Airline: Emirates
Route: Paris (Charles de Gaulle)-Dubai
Flight number: EK76
Duration: 6 hours 30 min
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
Seats: 2E and 2F

Time for boarding and we headed up an elevator which conveniently took us right to the correct gate on the departure level. Boarding was through a separate airbridge for first class passengers and we were greeted with the (now familiar?) first class cabin.

We were the first ones on board and made ourselves at home by putting our belongings away and starting on a glass of Dom each. My partner changed into the pyjamas offered straight away whilst I elected to stay slightly more civilised for dinner. All suites were occupied tonight except for the one in front of me.

Climbing out

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Dom and mixed nuts to start

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:32 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

For dinner we both started with the caviar which was as delightful as ever. My partner had the salad next which he drowned in olive oil and thought was very good. He had independently worked out the light at the front of the suite swivels, something which I hadn’t realised myself. This made taking night shots of the food a lot easier! I decided to try both the chicken cordon bleu and marinated seafood. The flight attendant asked if I wanted them separately or served together. In a moment of silliness I opted for the latter choice, thinking that it would be less troublesome for the flight attendant. The end result was a slightly comical scene with two substantial meals sitting on my table, in front of a passenger who isn't exactly large. I was determined to finish both and managed to polish them off a while later. The chicken was alright but the seafood was better.

Definitely not going to waste

Tuna salad

This does not reflect well on me

Chicken cordon bleu

Marinated seafood

Phew!

I managed three hours of sleep but my partner didn’t fare so well due to the warmth of the cabin. He was starting to come down with a cold as well at this point in the trip so that probably didn’t help.

I brought my own pillow along to maximise the chances of a good sleep

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:10 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Breakfast was served quite close to landing (well within an hour if I remember correctly) which was convenient as it left more time for sleep. Breakfast consisted of a fruit platter and mushroom omelette. Unfortunately the omelette was the worst dish of the entire trip. The egg was overcooked again, the mushrooms totally tasteless, and the potatoes were extremely dry and had a fairly unpleasant grainy texture. I’m mostly a non-fussy eater but just couldn’t finish this plate of food. Perhaps the flight attendants were a bit rushed trying to prepare breakfast so close to landing time.

Let down by breakfast

Hmm…

We landed through the murkiness of a dust storm blowing through Dubai, then made the long walk again to the first class lounge.

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:13 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:14 pm

Your photos and writing are very skillful. Congrats on an amazing trip and an amazing trip report.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
wwnz-z That's the second time you mentioned the cabin being to warm. I have also heard this about some Etihad flights. Is it a thing where middle eastern carriers bump up the temperature control? Or is it just a personal thing?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spizzy
wwnz-z That's the second time you mentioned the cabin being to warm. I have also heard this about some Etihad flights. Is it a thing where middle eastern carriers bump up the temperature control? Or is it just a personal thing?
To be honest I have fairly limited experience sleeping in business and first class. I did find on malaysian J that it got very warm after a while and I woke up in a bit of a sweat. Others would be able to answer that question better.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA, SW, AA
Woah great tp man. Love all the photos as well.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by wwnz
To be honest I have fairly limited experience sleeping in business and first class. I did find on malaysian J that it got very warm after a while and I woke up in a bit of a sweat. Others would be able to answer that question better.
It is discussed quite often on the BA board. My experience is that the cabin often seems to get unpleasantly warm a few hours into a long flight. It has been suggested that the combination of a few drinks and a warm cabin might ensure that most of the passengers doze off....
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
In my experience, especially the EK A380 gets really warm during the night. And you have to consider that the EK pajamas are 65% polyester which makes the sensation of temperature and sweating even worse.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Dubai Emirates First Class Lounge Terminal 3 (older lounge) stopover

Unfortunately we were in Dubai in the morning hours both times, so we were only able to try the breakfast menu out. A massage for my partner and a shower for us both again, then breakfast at the restaurant. I urged my better half to get as much sleep as possible in the lounge as he looked to be well on his way to becoming a zombie at this point in the trip.

Time for another lengthy flight.

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:14 pm
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Thanks for the excellent photos! You seem to be let down by breakfast on a number of occasions which is a shame

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.