Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:03 am
Original Poster

On approach to Geneva the mountain ranges were on the right side of the plane but we got a view of the Jet d’Eau from the left which was nice. Immigration was no hassle and we found our driver who took us to our hotel.

Downward’s facing camera provided some great views

Jet d’Eau

Will upload the rest of the report over the next few days.

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 9:36 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:53 am

Excellent report so far! Loving the photos, may I ask what equipment you were using?

Subscribed!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
Great TR with awesome photos..great use of light and angles. Can't wait to fly Emirates first someday soon.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Awesome photos and report, keep it coming!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ph3zz
Excellent report so far! Loving the photos, may I ask what equipment you were using?

Subscribed!
Canon 550D with the excellent and versatile EFS 15-85mm F/3.5-5.6 lens.

Thanks for the comments so far guys.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Fantastic report and photos. Was the wine list from MEL DXB the same as DXB GVA? I was surprised there were no Australian wines out of MEL.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Love the TR. Keep it coming.

So most of you flights were full in First except the AKL-MEL route? Did you find the old terminal First Lounge noisy at all?

Great photos to
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Fantastic report and photos. Was the wine list from MEL DXB the same as DXB GVA? I was surprised there were no Australian wines out of MEL.
Noticed that as well. Maybe an 777 vs an A380 thing.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
I'm pretty sure that for the MEL-DXB/DXB-MEL, DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB, all the wines were identical except for one route which had 1 additional wine of some sort. I was a bit too lazy to work out which route it was so I reused the scans of the wine list for all of these routes.

Originally Posted by spizzy
Love the TR. Keep it coming.

So most of you flights were full in First except the AKL-MEL route? Did you find the old terminal First Lounge noisy at all?

Great photos to
Yup. Only AKL-MEL and MEL-AKL were light. The rest were either full or nearly full. There were endless boarding calls which didn't bother us too much, and you can definitely hear the general buzz of the entire terminal as it's all open architecture. There are places to retreat to that are a bit quieter if you need. We actually found the seating lounges to be the most comfortable for trying to get a nap (and used earplugs) but I think they weren't too happy with us sleeping on them.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Manotel Kipling
It was a bit difficult to find a decent-looking hotel (as according to Tripadvisor reviews) for a reasonable price. We eventually settled on the Manotel Kipling, which was still fairly pricey but relatively cheap by Geneva standards. The place was perfectly comfortable as a base for our excursions.

Geneva

Le téléphérique du Salève Cable car

Montreux

Chateau de Chillon

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 9:39 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Jet d’Eau and Geneva’s harbour

Run!

CERN - I am also a physics nut so I thoroughly enjoyed the exhibitions, and surprisingly so did my partner

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Airline: Easyjet
Route: Geneva-Nice
Flight number: 1379
Duration: 1 hour
Aircraft: Airbus A319
Seats: Speedy boarding

The next part of our holiday was in Nice. Seeing as Swiss airline had ridiculously expensive fares for this route, and Easyjet was very affordable, it was a simple decision. It was our first time on a truly low-cost carrier (the pessimistic folks over on the Air NZ forum would have you believe that our national airline is becoming an ‘LCC’ :/) so we did everything we could to make it go as smoothly as possible. This included turning up early to the point where we had to wait for the check-in counter to open for our flight as we weren’t about to risk turning up too late. We paid the extra money for Speedy boarding so we didn’t have to fight over seats. It turned out to be a good option and come boarding time things were smooth and easy. The legroom obviously left something to be desired but we were more than happy to sit in a compressed state for this short flight.

Landing into Nice was accompanied by great views of the Cote d’Azur, and soon we were on the ground in France. In hindsight, the experience may not have been so pleasant if we didn’t opt for the Speedy boarding, as it looked to be a bit of a mess further down the plane when people were vying for seats. We’d be more than happy to fly Easyjet again for short hops within Europe.

Thanks Easyjet for a perfectly good flight at a great price!

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 9:42 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
You have a wonderful eye for taking photos, wwnz. I especially love the menu details you have included along with the high-quality shots of the meals both onboard Emirates and in the EK lounge.

Later this year I'll have the opportunity to fly in F on Emirates for several long-haul flights (SEA-DXB and DXB-HGK, with return through DBX including a 3 day stopover). I am very much looking forward to the trip and have been scouring through FT to read up on the airline, its service and lounges, and the cuisine.

Your TR is a great read. I can't wait for the further installments about your trip.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What a great report, and some fantastic photos too! Looking forward to more....
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Great report of Emirates in F with very nice photos of not just the cabin but also of Geneva! It's a shame they did not have pyjamas for you to change in F though, as I find it was one of the main differentiating factors between First and Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.