Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First Class on 773ER/772LR AKL-MEL-DXB-GVA, CDG-DXB-MEL-AKL (lots of photos)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Now you just showing off

Seriously good TR
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
Truly great TR! ^^ Thank you so much!

This trip is very close to the dream trip that my wife and I have been talking about for a while. I hope we can go soon and I hope in first class!

This was the first time ever that I had to take my shoes off to pass through the metal detector which I thought was slightly odd.
Come to the U.S. and you will get used to it very quickly. I actually think about which shoes to wear when I'm traveling because how easily I can put them on/take them off is a major consideration...

-S
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:17 pm

Outstanding photos.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spizzy
Now you just showing off

Seriously good TR
I agree. I never comment on trip reports, but this one is simply outstanding.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:03 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
This is an outstanding trip report. When you have the likes of Seat 2A and matthandy singing your praises, you know you have accomplished something!

The photos are exceptional and this is probably the best EK First trip report I have seen on FT.

A couple of observations. I know you probably figured this out but there is a small remote in the armrest which controls the IFE (so you don't have to reach to use the touch screen). You can also use the big controller to your side.

The new "cover flow" software which is on the latest version of IFE is a lot lot better to use than what you may have experienced.

And the wine list. It's not determined by departure port - it's all controlled centrally by Dubai (EK has 3 separate temperature controlled wine storage facilities and what you are drinking today was probably purchased 10 years ago)

Again, you did an amazing job with the photo's. I would happily pay you to give me lessons

Bravo. And keep going.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:33 pm

Gorgeous pictures.

Well done!

Puts all others in the shade.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Will be returning shortly to posting stuff about the return flights soon.

Originally Posted by Sarfa33
Truly great TR! ^^ Thank you so much!

This trip is very close to the dream trip that my wife and I have been talking about for a while. I hope we can go soon and I hope in first class!

Come to the U.S. and you will get used to it very quickly. I actually think about which shoes to wear when I'm traveling because how easily I can put them on/take them off is a major consideration...

-S
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. EK first is great but in the grander scheme of things it made up a small proportion of the trip time-wise. I had never been to the south of France before but my partner had. I didn't have many expectations so was totally blown away by the beauty of it. He got a real kick out of seeing how much I enjoyed myself.

It took me a moment to figure out what the security staff wanted me to do because they were pointing at my shoes and not using any words. I was thinking "my shoes aren't in the least bit metallic..." at the time haha.

Originally Posted by eightblack
This is an outstanding trip report. When you have the likes of Seat 2A and matthandy singing your praises, you know you have accomplished something!

The photos are exceptional and this is probably the best EK First trip report I have seen on FT.

A couple of observations. I know you probably figured this out but there is a small remote in the armrest which controls the IFE (so you don't have to reach to use the touch screen). You can also use the big controller to your side.

The new "cover flow" software which is on the latest version of IFE is a lot lot better to use than what you may have experienced.

And the wine list. It's not determined by departure port - it's all controlled centrally by Dubai (EK has 3 separate temperature controlled wine storage facilities and what you are drinking today was probably purchased 10 years ago)

Again, you did an amazing job with the photo's. I would happily pay you to give me lessons

Bravo. And keep going.
Yup I did notice the small controller in the armrest but thought it was far too old-fashioned for a product as awesome as EK first so refused to use it haha. I found the big controller to be really unreliable when I tried to use to control ICE, and in the end found it easier to just directly use the touch screen. Good to hear that they have made the interface a bit beter.

I did put a decent amount of effort into these photos but they are not at the level of photography you see in other reports such as from matthandy or quirrow's current trip report. But I am always working on improving it

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 8, 2013 at 8:19 pm
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Simply fantastic in all regards! Can't wait for my trip to Paris.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Lunch at Guy Savoy – extraordinary, and also extraordinarily pricey, but worth it as a one-off experience

Lobster compote

Petit pois

Salmon cooked on dry ice

With a hot broth

The finished dish

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:01 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Wine to die for from the Rhone Valley, it really did blow away anything I had ever tasted

Beef done two ways, exquisite

Even the potato slices to go with the beef were amazing

Strawberry done a million ways

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Paris Emirates Lounge
Our Chauffeur driver turned up quite early but fortunately we were all packed and ready to go. It sure was a nicer way to get to the airport than by the RER B. Check-in at Charles de Gaulle was relatively easy and we made our way to the lounge. It’s located one level down from the main departure area and overlooks the tarmac. Unless we were mistaken, there was only one shower for the entire lounge which must have been a source of grief for passengers. Turning up early meant we could book for a spot in the shower, and shortly after we were called one at a time when it was okay for us to use the facility.

The rest of the lounge is adequate and we had small portions of food to fill a gap before the flight. Great view of our plane as it rolled up to its gate.

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 2013 at 10:04 pm
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
Cracking TR and pictures
I can really feel your enthusiasm coming through and can relate to that
Keep it coming ^
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: Scotia Points, Aeroplan, Nexus, Global Entry
I'll repeat what everyone else has been writing; an awesome trip report. Looking forward to future ones wwnz!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
I now have another username to look out for, on my daily quest of fantastic TR writers. Really amazing photography!
Best- DD
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Great trip report thanks. Due to sample EK F in a couple of weeks LGW-DXB-SYD-CHC with a mix of A 380 and 777. Certainly got me looking forward to it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.