Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Here are my random notes after my two-day stay at MBS:
  • Fantastic views from the Sky Park but it is extremely crowded
  • The pool is nice but with that many people, the water is cloudy and too crowded to do any meaningful swimming most of the time.

Should you "have" to stay at the MBS another time and feel oblighed to "experience" the pool, here's a tip from a couple I photographed when I was there last. Too crowded to swim so they came up with a creative idea to at least enjoy the sun and great view. @:-)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:27 pm

This must be one of the best pictorial trip reports on this forum. Good job mate

Brings back memories of my trip to SIN and a short hop to BKK and KUL.
I am with you on KUL, best of the region without the security issues and so much cheaper than SIN too.

The food pics especially brought back many memories.
Besides the chinese food, did you try mee gorang and rojak? They too were brilliant.

Again, thank you for this report, visually stunning.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by SAUCflyer

Should you "have" to stay at the MBS another time and feel oblighed to "experience" the pool, here's a tip from a couple I photographed when I was there last. Too crowded to swim so they came up with a creative idea to at least enjoy the sun and great view. @:-)
Beautiful shot!^

I wish I can be relaxed in the pool right at this moment...so peaceful and so isolated mentally.!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strongbow
This must be one of the best pictorial trip reports on this forum. Good job mate

Brings back memories of my trip to SIN and a short hop to BKK and KUL.
I am with you on KUL, best of the region without the security issues and so much cheaper than SIN too.

The food pics especially brought back many memories.
Besides the chinese food, did you try mee gorang and rojak? They too were brilliant.

Again, thank you for this report, visually stunning.
Thanks very much for your comments on the photos.

I have tried Mee Gorang and Rojak before!^ Unfortunately, they have to wait until the next photo trip report on Malaysia/Singapore. There are just too many good food items in this part of the world.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Final Words

How fitting that I am concluding this trip report from the Singapore Grand Hyatt!

Orchid Road is pretty calm on this first day of Chinese New Year...little traffic and hardly everyone on the street.

Parts of KL is also in the festive mood on this First day of Snake Year!

Malaysia and Singapore share common bond, history and culture elements. They were also parts of British empire that people in the 21st century could not care less about.

The Far East region is booming and have been viewed by the rest of the world as one single block. East Asia is unlike Euro Zone or North America. East Asia does not have a single political platform or a dominant player like the US. It is difficult enough to just get the three North Asian powers in the same room (South Korea, Japan and China), but Western press seem to view there is a common branding and a set of commonalities in Asia (and you may as well throw in Australia and New Zealand in there as well for no apparent reasons other than calling it Asia-Pacific). If one uses the the US Federal Government's description of Asia and Islands: anywhere between the East of Israel and Hawaii. .

However, ASEAN is forward thinking and innovative. ASEAN is able to slowly reconcile the historical and cultural differences in order to achieve a common platform to benefit this small region of "Asia". Malaysia and Singapore have contributed to that exchange and harmony with tireless effort and promotion.....and they are also not doing a bad job giving us world-class airlines, great hotels and fantastic food!

Hope photos in the TR and the one I did a couple of years ago Work Visits in Kuala Lumpur & Singapore-A Galore of SQ Flights! capture the vibrance of the places and their people.

Now onto From Sea to Shining Sea-Land of the Free/United Airlines of America!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Feb 12, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.