Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Kuala Lumpur City Center (KLCC)

Kuala Lumpur City Centre is a multipurpose development area in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The area is located around Jalan Ampang, Jalan P. Ramlee, Jalan Binjai, Jalan Kia Peng and Jalan Pinang.

Designed to be a city within a city, the 100-acre site hosts the tallest twin buildings in the world, shopping mall, hotels, office buildings and several hotels. A public park and a mosque is also built on the area and open to everyone. The whole project is cooled via district cooling located on the property.

Just as its name suggests, there is only one way to describe KLCC: the heart of Kuala Lumpur. At once an entertainment, commercial and business focal point, KLCC is home to some of the most popular landmarks in Malaysia, making it a popular tourist destination. With a host of options to choose from – dining, arts, culture, recreation, sightseeing, shopping and entertainment – you won’t be stuck for ideas on what to do around here.

Described by its developers as ‘A City Within A City’, KLCC offers a myriad of interesting attractions that never cease to wonder, as well as plenty of nightlife, dining and shopping options. KLCC is readily accessible via public transport with many buses operating on various routes within the area and a few train stations nearby.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KLCC Park 1 of 3

From Wikipedia:

KLCC Park is a public park located in the vicinity of Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The park has been designed to provide greenery to Petronas Twin Towers and the areas surrounding it.

The park was designed by Roberto Burle Marx. It is said that it was the last work undertaken by the Brazilian architect.[1] When the park was designed, the aim was to "leave the world a little more sensitive and a little more educated to the importance of nature".[2]
The park was designed to showcase a heritage of tropical greenery by integrating man's creation with nature. The park itself contrasts as a calm environment in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. The park features many combinations of man-made design such as cements, water features and also natural features such as trees, shrubs, stones and wood. Elements of shape and topography were created to give an illusion of space. The combination of trees, shrubs and sculptures were arranged to provide color and form to the park.

Conservation and bio-diversity was a major influence in the creation of the park. 23 of the mature and rarer specimens were saved from the old Selangor Turf Club and transplanted into the park grounds. 1900 indigenous trees and 66 species of palms were planted in the park to promote bio-diversity. The trees were deliberately selected to attract local and migratory birds.
A man made lake was built in the middle of the park, directly in front of Suria KLCC mall and Petronas Twin Towers towards the middle of the park. A 43 meter elevated bridge that cut across the lake provides a vantage view of the park and the twin towers.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KLCC Park 2 of 3

Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: Miles & More;
You wrote that TR just in time! A friend of mine is leaving for a trip through South East Asia tomorrow - he hasn`t planned much so far - but after i showed im your amazing pictures he now at least knows where he will be staying in Kuala Lumpur!
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

KLCC Park 3 of 3

Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ARJ85
You wrote that TR just in time! A friend of mine is leaving for a trip through South East Asia tomorrow - he hasn`t planned much so far - but after i showed im your amazing pictures he now at least knows where he will be staying in Kuala Lumpur!
I appreciate your comment and forward reference of this TR to your friend.

I must say I have not had a bad stay at KL hotels in all my visits.

I did a photo trip report last year covering KLCC Trader's Hotel and Le Meriden Hotel in the KL Sentral. Please see link below. I had great experience there as well.^

Work Visits in Kuala Lumpur & Singapore-A Galore of SQ Flights!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Petronas Towers at Night

Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
UA_Flyer - Great pictures. A very enjoyable trip report.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Suria KLCC 1 of 3

From Wikipedia:

Suria KLCC is Malaysia's premier shopping centre, located at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers in the Kuala Lumpur City Centre. It has over 400 shops on 6 floors, with anchor tenants Isetan, Parkson Grand, Cold Storage Supermarket, Tanjong Golden Village, Signature's Level 2 Food Court and Marks and Spencer. "Suria" is a native Malay word derived from Sanskrit "surya", meaning "sunshine".

Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Suria KLCC 2 of 3

Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Suria KLCC 3 of 3

Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Food @ KL 1 of 3

Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Food @ KL 2 of 3

Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Food @ KL 3 of 3

Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Absolutely stunning pics, UA_Flyer.
You beautifully capture the flavor of each city you visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.