Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photo Trip Report: MBS@SIN, Hyatt@KUL & Pepper Crabs- SQ Intra-Asia Business Cabins

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Happy Hours at KL Grand Hyatt Lounge 1 of 2

There is nothing short of steady supplies of bubblies at the Grand Hyatt Lounge. My colleague and I were really spoiled by the constant flow of bubblies during our stay! A couple of glasses of bubblies in the early evenings on the 50+ floor of Grand Hyatt Lounge overlooking the city provided us a dose of sensation in our heads.

Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:55 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
It is always a delightful treat to browse through any of your reports. I personally appreciate how you photograph using creative angles and thinking outside of the box. You sir turn the ordinary into extraordinary and that is a trademark of a gifted artist.

I've been tempted to do a trip inside Asia and your reviews of SQ reinforce its stellar reputation. So many great airlines to choose from in that part of the world. Thanks for sharing. ^
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
The room looks AMAZING (not forgetting to mention the strikingly large bathtub!). Your photos certainly do justice to all it has to offer. ^

Last edited by SAUCflyer; Jan 6, 2013 at 5:23 am
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
beautiful photos

pretty phenomanal photos, UA_flyer! looks like a great experience, and that food looked pretty awesome also!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:28 pm

UA_Flyer, I always really enjoy you posting your photos. Thank you for sharing with us all.

One question, do you use a tripod or are all of these taken in hand?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aw
It is always a delightful treat to browse through any of your reports. I personally appreciate how you photograph using creative angles and thinking outside of the box. You sir turn the ordinary into extraordinary and that is a trademark of a gifted artist.

I've been tempted to do a trip inside Asia and your reviews of SQ reinforce its stellar reputation. So many great airlines to choose from in that part of the world. Thanks for sharing. ^
Thanks very much for your comments! You have given me too much credit for my photos. You are such an excellent photographer yourself.

You should definitely visit Asia and try out Asian carriers. I know you are an oneworld flyer. JAL and Cathy are excellent airlines. Cathy is just as good as SQ in many aspects if not better.

Originally Posted by SAUCflyer
The room looks AMAZING (not forgetting to mention the strikingly large bathtub! ). Your photos certainly do justice to all it has to offer. ^
I think that suite could be doubled as a honeymoon suite. Yes, the tub is massive!

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
pretty phenomanal photos, UA_flyer! looks like a great experience, and that food looked pretty awesome also!
Thanks SFflyer123! Comment from an excellent trip reporter such yourself means a lot.

Originally Posted by Darren
UA_Flyer, I always really enjoy you posting your photos. Thank you for sharing with us all.

One question, do you use a tripod or are all of these taken in hand?
Thanks for your comment. I hardly ever use a tripod. Almost all my trip report photos are taken during my business trips. I carry a couple of notebooks, iPad and lot's of papers on my business trips. There isn't any room to carry a tripod with me (not even a mini one). I do have a pair of steady hands and the new VR lenses are great. I do know my limit not to take photos longer than a second in exposure without a steady surface that I can place my camera on. No matter how steady the hands are, camera shakes cannot hide.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Thanks for your comment. I hardly ever use a tripod. Almost all my trip report photos are taken during my business trips. I carry a couple of notebooks, iPad and lot's of papers on my business trips. There isn't any room to carry a tripod with me (not even a mini one). I do have a pair of steady hands and the new VR lenses are great. I do know my limit not to take photos longer than a second in exposure without a steady surface that I can place my camera on. No matter how steady the hands are, camera shakes cannot hide.
Amazing. I used to be able to hold down to a second but now I am probably closer to 1/4 second at the lowest. As I get older, my hands are getting shakier. Again, thanks for posting. I really look forward to your reports.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Happy Hours at KL Grand Hyatt Lounge 2 of 2

Not sure what the fish cracker blow is called and what were the ingredient. It seems a rice-based cracker with small fish baked into it. It does not taste salty or sweet just a plain mild taste. Has anyone had this fish cracker before and know more about it?

Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Darren
Amazing. I used to be able to hold down to a second but now I am probably closer to 1/4 second at the lowest. As I get older, my hands are getting shakier. Again, thanks for posting. I really look forward to your reports.
When I am shooting outdoor in low light situation or at night, I usually try to find a surface (guradrail, garbage can or steps) that I can put my camera down to do shoots longer than 1 second.

Thanks for reading my TRs, and I look forward to your future comments.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

JP teres

JP teres, located on the ground floor of KL Grand Hyatt, features the best of Malaysian cuisine such as roti canai, beef rendang, satay, chicken rice, ais kacang and teh tarik. Guests may enjoy indoor or outdoor dining areas among gardens and water features.

Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Views from the KL Grand Hyatt 1 of 2

Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
wow - a new nice bunch of stunning pics... awesome!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Views from the KL Grand Hyatt 2 of 2

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:31 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
UAL_Flyer, the KL Grand Hyatt should pay you for doing such great advertisement.

In the past I have checked some hotel prices in KL and top properties can easily range from $100-150 a night (quite a bargain and we are talking properties like the Intercontinental or Westin.) KL has to be one of the cheapest (and underrated) destinations for U.S. travelers. If one goes to Malacca or Georgetown it might even be cheaper.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaidus
wow - a new nice bunch of stunning pics... awesome!
Thanks for your comment>

Originally Posted by aw
UAL_Flyer, the KL Grand Hyatt should pay you for doing such great advertisement.

In the past I have checked some hotel prices in KL and top properties can easily range from $100-150 a night (quite a bargain and we are talking properties like the Intercontinental or Westin.) KL has to be one of the cheapest (and underrated) destinations for U.S. travelers. If one goes to Malacca or Georgetown it might even be cheaper.
Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I agree with you about Malaysia not just KL is an underrated destination. Malaysia has beautiful beaches and fine hotels and resorts to more tourism. It does not have the high prices of Singapore aned safety concerns of Indonesia. The warmth and hospitality of people in Malaysia simply make the country a must see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.