Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMPo 15025G35KT 0100 +SN FZFG OVC000 SNOCLO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:07 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I can barely add to the well-deserved praise others have given here. This is one of the most fascinating, well-written things I have read.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
This was a brilliant read, thanks a lot. I was sorry to hear about GIA going belly up and even though I have never flown with you guys (these days most of my travel is in Eastern and Central Africa), I recall that I actually thought about your reports on Flyertalk when I read about the demise of GIA. Having followed your fascinating reports, I feel like I know more about your former airline than about those I'm actually using.. I wish you all the best in the future - West Africa certainly needs a quality airline - and I'm looking forward to reading more from you about what life is like on the other side of the fence.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
In the run for the 1000-post qualifier for MR forums I will post;
^
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:32 am

As everyone else has said. An amazing report, really well written and extremely entertaining. Deserves to appear in print.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Well Done! I don't have the words to properly describe your report. You ought to write a book about your experiences.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:05 pm

Stunning . . . simply stunning. Thank you for taking the time to share all of this with us. Best of luck with wherever the future takes you next.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Wow! This was an amazing series of posts. I don't know how you spent 5 years doing that - I don't know how long I'd last :-/

Do you have anything else like this posted on here (or somewhere else)? I'd love to read more about the behind-the-scenes action of an airline.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinosims
Do you have anything else like this posted on here (or somewhere else)? I'd love to read more about the behind-the-scenes action of an airline.
How to start a new route in 45 days and other tales from the airline world

How I learned to stop worrying and love ETOPS

Business as Usual : A month in the life of ...

Arctic to Equator : New endurance record on a 757

I took six young women to Paris, and all I got was ...

Last edited by B747-437B; Jun 5, 2013 at 6:21 am
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:19 am

B747-437B, I can't tell you how much I really enjoyed reading this report.

Well, perhaps I could, but then I would be guilty of plagiarising the other positive comments in this thread.

Several parts of this report reminded me how so many pax are definitely ill-mannered (and in many cases, hypocrites). To also hear about how much goes "behind the scenes" and the struggles it presents especially when Mother Nature decides to flex her muscle (wow, does that make sense...) was absolutely enthralling.

I must say the expression in this report is immaculate.

Thank you so much for posting this report. Wish you well for your next major endeavour.

Last edited by anat0l; Aug 28, 2010 at 8:24 am
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
An absolutely stunning report! I started the other day, but waited until the weekend until I could read the whole thing in one sitting. Thank you very much for sharing!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Yikes - so much for any hope of studying today, haha.

Oh Flyertalk - how I love/hate thee!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Wow - what a report. This why I joined FT and worthy of my first post!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Excellent read and thanks for taking the time to put it all together. You benefit. We benefit.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Sean, I absolutely loved this epic of yours. I have said this before on some other TRs that you have posted, but I really mean it; your writing reminds me of what I miss and loved when working for the airlines. It also reminds me of what I couldn't stand, but I would do it again in a minute.

I'm sure there is an executive ops position out there for you when you are ready to work yourself to the bone again.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks for sharing this....Most certainly made for a good read..!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.