Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMPo 15025G35KT 0100 +SN FZFG OVC000 SNOCLO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

B747-437B Great report :-: :-:
Certainly different when not from the passengers side of the fence. Your cell phone bill must be hiiiigh
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:00 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
What a great read...thank you.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:19 am

Programs: QF PS, EK SkyWards Blue, SQ Krisflyer
This is the most incredible read i have ever had. I don't even have the attention span to read letters to the editor but i devoured this in one sitting; absolutely fantastically written. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I said this last time you posted one of these: This is the best trip report I've ever read. So awesome to read behind the scenes.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
What a fascinating and riveting report. A wonderful insight into the lives of those not often thought about heros who step up to the plate during irreg ops.

I tip my hat to you sir :-:

All the best with whichever direction your career takes you from here.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:12 pm

You've no doubt made for many tired mornings. Flawless writing makes it a joy to read, and the content makes it impossible to put down. Appreciate the honesty and good humor through the toughest of circumstances. I'm always amazed at your ability to blend leadership, professionalism, camaraderie and care, and have the utmost respect and admiration for your work at GIA. It takes a special kind of person to do this, and this shines through every corner of this report.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA
Brilliant

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA, VS,
Well sean, it was worth waiting for. Great report,

To all of you reading this report, i have had the pleasure of being looked after by the writer on flights, and despite all the hassle, stress and general grief from many passengers, he still remains totally professional whilst making sure his CIP's get eveyr possible attention.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Simply brilliant work B747-437B.

Good luck in whatever you choose next ^^^
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
This is simply the most brilliant trip-report you've ever written B747-437B IMHO. ^ ^

Your gain (of freedom) is a real loss for Ghana International. All the best to you for your upcoming career and enjoy the upcoming time of being grounded.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Fantastic report. Sorry to hear of the personal toll it took on you - but I hope now you've had some time and space to recover, you'll be happy.

(Have you thought about writing a book?! )
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:40 pm

An enjoyable read B747-437B, in fact a classic for Trip Reports. It is an eye opener to see things from the perspective of the other side. I'm not sure how you deal with it all as it seems quite stressful.
Happy travels.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I turned in my notice at the end of April and took on a purely advisory role. The following month, my former employers succumbed to the wrath of Eyjafjallajökull and suspended operations. I planned a vacation. As of today, I haven't set foot in an airport for almost 2 months. I'm happier than I've been in years. I'm advising a couple of planned start-up airlines in West Africa. One day, if they get off the ground, I might take on a similar role there.
I'm seriously behind in the news department. That's what I get for not reinstalling IM/MSN after my computer blew up. You? Not in an airport for 2 months? The sun truly is setting in the east.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA gold
Fascinating stuff. Top notch narrative. ^
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:50 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
This may well be the best thing I've ever read on these pages. I think you can easily find a commercial marketplace for your, undoubtedly, infinite and 100% true stories. Thank you, and I hope you are well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.