FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Airports with free internet [Master thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/868593-airports-free-internet-master-thread.html)

LAXNRT Dec 13, 2005 6:51 am

MFR, Medford, Oregon, free wireless throughout terminal

macsheltie Dec 13, 2005 12:52 pm

LGB - Long Beach - free wireless throughout

gsnichol Dec 17, 2005 4:33 pm

TUS - Tucson, Arizona has free wireless in the restaurant/bar airside section, and you can pick up a reasonable signal also if you're at the first gate nearest the bar.

BLI-Flyer Dec 17, 2005 6:39 pm

EAT (Wenatchee, WA) and AWL (Walla Walla, WA) both have free internet.

BLI-Flyer Dec 17, 2005 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
I want to know which airline clubs offer free WiFi. It certainly isn't the AA Admiral's Club.

Alaska Board Rooms and Continental Presidents Clubs that I have visited have free wireless.

Lehava Dec 17, 2005 6:47 pm

BGM (Binghamton NY) free throughout

BTW unless something has changed in the last week CVG does NOT have free wireless. Yes they put in the "connect and recharge" stations. But when you hook into the wired or use the wireless you do have to pay, it is through cincinnatti bell.

LoganFlyer Dec 17, 2005 7:46 pm

PHF--------Throughout terminal----Wi-fi--------------------------Oct 05
ROC--------At least in A concourse----Wi-fi-----------------------Dec 05

agrips1 Dec 23, 2005 1:43 pm

MYR - Myrtle Beach - free wireless

alanh Dec 23, 2005 2:03 pm

PHX Phoenix Sky Harbor just activated wireless throughout the terminals.

pbjag Dec 26, 2005 5:23 pm

PBI - Palm Beach International - free wireless throughout

On a tangent (but related to the topic), there is also free wi-fi in downtown West Palm Beach, provided by the city

dnotes Dec 26, 2005 5:44 pm

any canadian airports got free wireless? or internet?

COS_Flyer Dec 26, 2005 5:55 pm

COS has free wireless. There's no airport clubs or connecting flights through there, but they do have the free wireless and a decent restaurant inside security.

PamR Dec 26, 2005 7:54 pm

Free WiFi

Originally Posted by mcrt
I was passing through the CVG-Cincinnati terminal C this weekend and noticed free internet in all four corners. There was a counter with five positions to Connect and Recharge your laptops with wired internet ports. Had I realized it was available I might have lugged my computer along with me since I had a few hours to kill there. I also remembered passing through an Asian airport, SIN or HKG, that had free kiosks.

This inspired me to start a thread of airports with free internet for us lowly folks that do not have access to airline clubs on a regular basis. I will try to keep this up to date, somewhat like the where we all come from thread. I will look at people’s posts along the way and add them to a list at the top.

I am only looking for free access for the lowly folks, not the paid hotspots or kiosks. It can be wired or wireless. I’ll steal the information that I see from a 2000 thread in TravelBuzz and one from a couple of months ago in Travel Tech. If this works I will keep it up, if no one is interested I’ll let it drop away.

Please post in this format:

Airport------------Location-----Type---------------------Quantity of stations----As of:
CVG-Cincinnati----Terminal C----Wired laptop locations----4 Sets of 5-------------Aug 05

Cheers, MCRT

Thanks to slippahs for providing me with the link http://www.wififreespot.com/airport.html This one is great if you have your wi-fi laptop with you.

Mods, I am posting this in TravelBuzz to start, if you feel it is better in Travel Tech feel free to move it.

Updated through #19

I have picked up free WiFi in Fort Myers, FL airport. I notice it is not listed on the website someone posted. It was available early 2005 when I was there.

ausflygrl Dec 27, 2005 12:13 pm

Does dial up count?

JAN - Jackson, MS - Dial up laptop workstations located in departure check in area and both terminal areas.

Not sure if you want to count dial up but it is better than nothing. and more convenient than doing it from a pay phone - if they have dial up.

violist Dec 28, 2005 1:44 pm

SAV, Savannah, GA - Business Center outside security offers Ethernet ports
(and with deposit of your photo ID, the Visitor Center will lend you a cable!);
Ethernet and dialup available at the Passport Club inside security, which is
open to club members of (if I recall), AA, CO, DL, NW, UA, US, but you can
get a day pass for $2; further, there wasn't anyone to collect the fee when
I was there yesterday.