Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GF in coach?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by htb
I've been thinking about this case once more.

What is so bad for the GF about this deal:

"I'll buy you a ticket, but when I get an upgrade I will take it."

The alternative could be:

"You buy your own ticket, and when I get upgraded I will give it to you."
A-greed!!! ^

Selfish about upgrades?! FF programs are individual; the whole idea is to reward that particular person... they're selfish by nature. FF benefits do not extend to family/friends. My fiancee and I have often discussed this and we are in agreement. If on a flight together I score an UG, then I take it, because.... I'm a FF and for her flying Y is not really a big deal.

As to the situation presented by the OP: HE paid for her ticket. Not only is a free flight (or free anything) something not to complain about, but he got the UG as a reward to him as a FF, which she is not. Giving her the UG is an unfair expectation. Yes, it would have been nice, but certainly not something that should be expected. She's not entitled to that. Getting a free ticket IS nice!

Dumping him for that?!? There must be some very lonely people here. Am I getting this right? So you live together, pretty much share your life with someone, but then decide to dump that person because a nice gesture wasn't nice enough? HA!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: NW Plat, HH Gold
As an NW Plat, I have been fortunate to have great success with companion upgrades for fiancé/now wife. In the one instance where I was upgraded but she was not, I took her coach seat and put her up front. My reasons:

1) I travel in F most of the time, she does not.
2) While I am away from home earning the miles to get to Plat, she is home alone.
3) It was nice to take a ride in coach to remember
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Pinky
My friend is Platinum
OP, probably time to update your post to say "ex-friend". Was it worth it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.