Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Smallest airport you've ever flown into?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smallest airport you've ever flown into?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles- GM, Hilton HHonors- Gold
I'd probably say HPN for me but have only flown out of there.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WallyInDSM
I'd probably say HPN for me but have only flown out of there.
HPN these days isn't too bad. However, the HPN of the 1980's and early 90's was a joke. Little shack of a terminal that reminded me of a basement.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:16 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
I'm not sure if it really qualifies as an airport but we flew into an airstrip (calling it that is being kind) in the San Blas Archipelago in Panama. Once we arrived, we had to pay a fee to the Kuna people in a small cinder block buidling (room) that had no electricity to be allowed to visit.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: Costco Club
STS- Sonoma County, CA and HPN- White Plains, NY are both the smallest I've been to in the US.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
Valdez, AK
Lewiston, ID

Not sure, they were both pretty small.

-Patrick
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles- GM, Hilton HHonors- Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
HPN these days isn't too bad. However, the HPN of the 1980's and early 90's was a joke. Little shack of a terminal that reminded me of a basement.
I was shocked when I arrived to see only one waiting area for all gates. I was thinking it would be the size of DSM, but I was way off!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:27 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Flew into CDB - Cold Bay Alaska earlier this month. That is probably the smallest commercial airport I have been in.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:35 pm

Sayak Airport on Siargao Island, Philippines.
IATA Code= IAO

The only flight there is a 3 times a week service on Cebu Pacific Air to Cebu City.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Reg
JTY - Astypalaia Airport.

Accepts Dash-8s and ATR-42. 989m long runway and carries around 13,000 passengers per year. There are no gates, haha.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), Marriott lifetime Plat
I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned Augusta, Maine (AUG). Here's a photo of their baggage claim area:

Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:26 am

Lonorore Airport on South Pentecost Island, Vanuatu.

Awesome!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
DHN (Dothan, AL) literally has one gate, and they only fly one airline (Delta) to one destination (Atlanta).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:51 pm

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by busyexec331
I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned Augusta, Maine (AUG). Here's a photo of their baggage claim area:

At least they HAVE a baggage claim area. I fly into a few places where the "baggage claim area" is in the public parking lot just outside the sterile area where the tow tractor/tug dropps off the baggage carts and it's up to everyone to find their bag, remove it from the cart, etc. on their own!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:53 pm

The smallest I have flown into was GSE (Göteborg City Airport) on FR.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the New Haven (HVN) Airport for my first time last Sunday, that's definitely up there on my list. Four or five flights to PHL on Dash-8s a day. A few other airlines tried to make it work but none were able to. It's a cute one, here are some pictures:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.