travel pillow recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

travel pillow recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:19 pm

genious www.pambee.com

i have one of these and it is the best travel companion ever! made originally by a flight attendant that was tired of using a/c pillows and blankets on deadheads it is the true all in one!!!

www.pambee.com
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by stew4life
i have one of these and it is the best travel companion ever! made originally by a flight attendant that was tired of using a/c pillows and blankets on deadheads it is the true all in one!!!

www.pambee.com
Can any one tell why pambee is a better product than others. The site says nothing about the benefits other than the fact why it is called pambee (named after the owner Pam B.), and it costs 4 times than others(about $84).
Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:18 am

really i guess it is all about quality and convenience. the materials she uses are top notch. also everything fits in the small bag and takes up hardly any room in your bag. the inside is a micro-suede and super soft. the outside is not only fashionable but silky smooth, and all of it is washable. the fact that it is made by an ex flight attendant will tell you that she has incorporated everything in this ensemble that she thought would make for a more comfortable travel experience not only for herself, but for others.

i may not have spent this much prior to recieving this set as a gift, however, now that i have one, it will be the only thing i ever buy for travel.

if you don't travel a lot then you may not want to spend this amount. but for me, i will get much use out of it and then invest in a new one. i guess you have to actually try it to know what i mean. but if you do you'll be hooked.

bye bye cootie blankets!!!^

Originally Posted by Jiffy
Can any one tell why pambee is a better product than others. The site says nothing about the benefits other than the fact why it is called pambee (named after the owner Pam B.), and it costs 4 times than others(about $84).
Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Rampo
Has anyone tried the SkyRest pillow? I suspect that one of the reasons I have trouble sleeping on planes is that I prefer sleeping on my stomach, and this pillow looks as if it might help. Also, whenver I nod off, I always nod forward, not backward. I'm not a big fan of inflatable pillows, neckrests, etc., but I may give this one a try.
this looks like the pillow i need, but golly it is big, once inflated, and it does look kinda strange. i would like to hear from someone who uses it. anyone?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by haniboo
this looks like the pillow i need, but golly it is big, once inflated, and it does look kinda strange. i would like to hear from someone who uses it. anyone?
As I noted in post #28 of this thread, I DID wind up trying this pillow on a very long flight and was pleased with it. Fully inflated it is big, but that shouldn't be surprising as it's supposed to fill the area between your lap and your shoulders. It provided good support and I found it a comfortable way of resting.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Rampo
As I noted in post #28 of this thread, I DID wind up trying this pillow on a very long flight and was pleased with it. Fully inflated it is big, but that shouldn't be surprising as it's supposed to fill the area between your lap and your shoulders. It provided good support and I found it a comfortable way of resting.
sounds good. did you buy it from their site?

what were the reactions of your aislemates, FA's, etc?

my kids suggest i use a beachball. how do you think that would compare?

thanks, Rampo.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Eagle Creek!

I used to take my Bucky pillow on long flites, but it's too bulky and takes up too much room in my tote.

Now I use the wonderful Eagle Creek Comfort Neck pillow:

http://www.ebags.com/eagle_creek/com...?modelid=12286

This pillow can be inflated with about two puffs, deflates easily, and compactly folds into itself. I can't imagine a better travel pillow.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:57 am

sounds good. did you buy it from their site? what were the reactions of your aislemates, FA's, etc? my kids suggest i use a beachball. how do you think that would compare?
I can't remember if I bought the SkyRest pillow directly from their site or off of eBay (but I think that they were the vendor there as well). My seatmates had already nodded off and the lights had been turned down; if there was any reaction from anyone, I didn't notice. The pillow has a flocked surface like many of the inflatable neck pillows, so I think it would be more comfortable than a beachball . When first opened it did have a plasticy smell, so I recommend inflating it at home first and letting it air out, plus then you can familiarize yourself with the inflation and deflation techniques. By the time I used it on the plane there was no noticable aroma.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:10 pm

Rampo, another question: if the (rude) person in front puts his seat back all the way, in coach, would there still be room for the pillow?
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:31 pm

Rampo, another question: if the (rude) person in front puts his seat back all the way, in coach, would there still be room for the pillow?
I used mine in Thai premium economy and there was plenty of room, but I think the pillow would still work OK in most coach seats.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I formerly used a horseshoe-type inflatable pillow worn backwards to support my neck and to avoid cheating myself out of the inch-and-a-half or so of recline that the air pocket behind my neck would have otherwise cost me, but I have since switched to the inflatable Komfort Kollar and it is great. If you get one, take note that the instructions advise you to use it at something less than full inflation; for me, about 60 percent inflation works fine. You will get a little hot under the [k]ollar, but it beats having a very sore neck when you wake from your slumber.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:56 pm

well, i have ordered a skyrest pillow, against my kids' wishes. you know, the embarrassment factor. anyhow, will let you know how it goes.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:53 am

Programs: Mile High Club! Not really, but it got your attention
PamBee.com

Pambee! Pambee! Pambee! Anything less is coach. Trust the Stews on this one. Most excellent gift for travellers~
Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:45 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
well, i have ordered a skyrest pillow, against my kids' wishes. you know, the embarrassment factor. anyhow, will let you know how it goes.
Well, being raised by a man who's motto was "screw what the world thinks as long as I'm comfortable" I say go for it. And I am interested in hearing about how it works out for you. If it makes you have a better flight then great and forget what the rest thinks.

Personally, I'm still happy with the komfort kollar.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I formerly used a horseshoe-type inflatable pillow worn backwards to support my neck and to avoid cheating myself out of the inch-and-a-half or so of recline that the air pocket behind my neck would have otherwise cost me, but I have since switched to the inflatable Komfort Kollar and it is great. If you get one, take note that the instructions advise you to use it at something less than full inflation; for me, about 60 percent inflation works fine. You will get a little hot under the [k]ollar, but it beats having a very sore neck when you wake from your slumber.
from part of my earlier post-a great way to keep the sweat down

unfold a bandana (sp?) and place it over the part of the pillow that touches the back and sides of your neck as it helps keep the sweat down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.