travel pillow recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

travel pillow recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by haniboo
well, i have ordered a skyrest pillow, against my kids' wishes. you know, the embarrassment factor. anyhow, will let you know how it goes.
I have used this pillow a few times, and I can't say I love it, but i don't hate it either. i did feel silly blowing up this huge thing tho. the whole thing, blowing it up and holding onto it, felt like a bit of a production. ymmv, of course.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by haniboo
I have used this pillow a few times, and I can't say I love it, but i don't hate it either. i did feel silly blowing up this huge thing tho. the whole thing, blowing it up and holding onto it, felt like a bit of a production. ymmv, of course.
I agree that it's a bit of an attention-getter since its inflated size is the size of a beachball, but as a confirmed stomach-sleeper, I found it be quite helpful. I've only used it on 17-hour nonstops, so I usually wait until the people around me are dozing before I inflate it.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
After a short period of adjustment, I now find the memory-foam Komfort Kollar sold by Magellan (on-line) to be indispensable for providing a comfortable sleep when seated in an aisle or middle seat. I still prefer a bolster-shaped pillow for jamming against the window/bulkhead for sleeping in a window seat; but if you can afford it - ~$70 - and fly alot, you may find the investment in a Magellan's Memory Foam Komfort Kollar to be more than warranted.

Thanks to Goalie for the tip about using a bandanna between neck and kollar when the cabin is very warm......onthe flip side, when the cabin is very cold, the Komfort Kollar provides a nice layer of insulation.

Yes, I submit that the memory foam Komfort Kollar lives entirely up to it's name.

For the record, I am not a fan of inflatable or "bean-bag" neck collars.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Lehava
I absolutely LOVE my "nap" pillow from brookstone. Am on #3 (because I keep leaving them in rental car trunks *frown*) and replace them immediately because I cant be without it.

BTW if you end up flying RJ's they are a PERFECT fit.
ditto. I bought the whole Nap travel kit, with the shades and ear plugs. This is the only reason I was able to sleep for 10 hours in Qantas Y from LAX to SYD.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA1P, SWA RR, SPG
My wife sleeps best on her stomach in normal circumstances, and she does not like the normal travel pillows. She used to stack pillows and blankets on the tray table and lay her head down.

then she found somthing called Skyrest
at http://www.skyrest.com/default2.html

It wedges down over the tray table so stomach sleepers can be comfortable on long flights. She swears by it.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Hedbed. Incredible comfort in a tiny package. It wedges between your head and shoulder on one side only, so it's cooler than the wrap-around styles. I tried the Komfort Kollar and it's ok but I still prefer the Hedbed.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Thanks to the great advice in this thread I think I will try out the Komfort Kollar as well. I'll try to let y'all know how it goes.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 5:44 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As we now have a Travel Products forum, with several threads discussing the issue, I will now close this thread and invite you to continue the discussion in the Travel products forum. Thanks for your understanding.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699564
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805246
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831081

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.