travel pillow recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

travel pillow recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Gold; *Wood Gold
I wonder about the kollar every time I get the catalogue (which seems like twice a week). Thanks to you all, I'll try it!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:39 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Thumbs up the service at magellan's is superb

i had the collar and the valve stem developed a leak after about 9 months and a lot (and i do mean a lot) of use. it was my fault as i had been over inflating it but are you ready for this-

they sent me a new one (charged my credit card accordingly) but included a postage paid return envelope for me to send the "broken one" back and when it was received, they refunded the full purchase price and shipping for the repalcement. now that's service ^
Old Aug 30, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: Holiday Inn Priority Club, SW RR
Originally Posted by Rampo
Has anyone tried the SkyRest pillow?
WHOA! I haven't tried the pillow, but I think I go to church with the people modeling the pillows on that site!
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by spiderdust
WHOA! I haven't tried the pillow, but I think I go to church with the people modeling the pillows on that site!
Did they happen to be using the pillow at the time?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
The Komfort Collar sounds interesting. For the last two years I've been using a small kidney shaped buckwheat pillow with changeable covers. It's small and fits nicely behind my neck (or side of head around the Bose). Scrunches as need be. Easy to stuff into carry on. I also use it at hotels with bad pillows. Works well in J or Y. [

I tried the First Class Sleeper and it had its merits, but on an LAX-LHR I found the vinyl just too hot and uncomfortable. If it had a cover...but I don't have the time or energy to make one. Giving that to my sister. I am intrigued by the pillow that you can sleep forward on. I'd love to hear how that one works.]
Old Sep 9, 2006, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
brilliant!

Originally Posted by skye1
My "travel pillow" is actually a lightweight, Marmoot Breathable Rain Jacket (bought from REI, thru the AA website of course to get the miles). The left pocket has a soft mesh lining that doubles as a stuff sack. When so stuffed, the jacket makes a GREAT pillow, I can carry it on without taking up space in my carry-on.
I need to take my Marmoot jacket on my next flight. Didn't have the sense to see your solution for myself. Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
well i just bought the komfort collar inflatable. hopefully it's good. i was ready to buy the foam one, but i couldn't tell how much space it will take up in my carryon.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:55 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by guy999
well i just bought the komfort collar inflatable. hopefully it's good. i was ready to buy the foam one, but i couldn't tell how much space it will take up in my carryon.
just remember to inflate it about 85-90% and use that as a benchmark to adjust the firmness/softness as you don't want to over inflate it. also, i put a bandana along the side against my neck as it helps keep the sweat down and keeps your neck cool
Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
So I bought the memory foam Komfort Kollar and found that after 1 1/2 hours my neck was soaking wet from sweat! Too hot for me. Also found the memory foam too soft: my head still leaned a little too far over, left and right: it was good for halting forward nod though.
Mrs.kaukau used it on our next flight, and found it firm enough, but a little too warm, as well. I personally prefer a window seat with a personal bolster shaped travel pillow jammed in for sleeping; but in an aisle seat, I'd say the Komfort Kollar is better than the "U" shaped neck pillows, which don't prevent forward nod.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
just remember to inflate it about 85-90% and use that as a benchmark to adjust the firmness/softness as you don't want to over inflate it. also, i put a bandana along the side against my neck as it helps keep the sweat down and keeps your neck cool
Originally Posted by kaukau
So I bought the memory foam Komfort Kollar and found that after 1 1/2 hours my neck was soaking wet from sweat! Too hot for me. Also found the memory foam too soft: my head still leaned a little too far over, left and right: it was good for halting forward nod though.
Mrs.kaukau used it on our next flight, and found it firm enough, but a little too warm, as well. I personally prefer a window seat with a personal bolster shaped travel pillow jammed in for sleeping; but in an aisle seat, I'd say the Komfort Kollar is better than the "U" shaped neck pillows, which don't prevent forward nod.
see the bolding in my post above as i had the same problem
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by goalie
see the bolding in my post above as i had the same problem
Nice! Good one. Mahalo. Shall try it. Back in the air in two days!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Plat CO Gold
thank you for this
I have been looking for a good pillow for a flight to Thailand
Old Jan 29, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by Rampo
Has anyone tried the SkyRest pillow? .... I may give this one a try.
As a follow-up, I did try this pillow on the 16+ hour nonstop from JFK to BKK. Overall, I was quite pleased with it and found that it did help me get a couple of hours of shuteye. DO take the manufacturer's recommendation of trying out the inflation and deflation methods before using it on a flight
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Bigger the better... took a King Sized pillow PUW-LWS-SLC-PHX and it was quite nice... not sure how my neighbors minded it, but it was also good to utilize at my destination.

However, since AS has rolled out new 737-800's, they have improved seating... with adjustable headrests, not just up-down (good for me and other tall people), but bends in and out. Go AS!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by puppysara
I tried the First Class Sleeper and it had its merits, but on an LAX-LHR I found the vinyl just too hot and uncomfortable. If it had a cover...but I don't have the time or energy to make one. Giving that to my sister.]
Actually that's a concern I share. I'm trying to figure out a reasonably light-weight and compact way of adding some type of layer that would allow air to circulate on your back while you're lying on the first class sleeper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.