FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

JOUY31 Nov 28, 2009 10:56 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 12891069)
Seeing as how it's all BA at T5, I would never expect a PP lounge to show up there.

Fully agree.

danielonn Dec 7, 2009 5:56 pm

PriorityPass Renewal

I have a current BOFA American Express Accolades card and my Priority Pass card is set to expire on December 31 of this year. I am based in the USA. W hen do they process the renewals as I want to get my new card soon so I can use it in January. I called about 10 days ago and they said to wait about 10 days and they send in during the first week of December. Through my band it looked like all was good. ANy suggestions on how to speed this along to get my card before December 31? Does it look from my perspective that all is well but PriorityPass just takes time to get the list and process it.

thomas199023 Dec 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Perhaps a stupid question but I am wondering anyways. Is it possible to go to the AA Admirals lounge in FRA witch is land side without a flight ticket. I will be staying at the Sheraton FRA tomorrow and would like to see what the lounge is like. Can't seem to find it on the PP website.

Tim2008 Dec 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023 (Post 13031573)
Perhaps a stupid question but I am wondering anyways. Is it possible to go to the AA Admirals lounge in FRA witch is land side without a flight ticket. I will be staying at the Sheraton FRA tomorrow and would like to see what the lounge is like. Can't seem to find it on the PP website.

Absolutely no problem!

tonywestsider Dec 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Any word on new lounge access at IAD?

mister__big Jan 18, 2010 2:36 am

I predominantly fly out of Asian cities and most of the feedback here so far are based on North American/European lounges. Does anyone have any experiences with Priority Pass lounges in Asia, in particular SIN, TPE, SGN and BKK lounges?

stimpy Jan 18, 2010 2:47 am

Originally Posted by mister__big (Post 13202172)
I predominantly fly out of Asian cities and most of the feedback here so far are based on North American/European lounges. Does anyone have any experiences with Priority Pass lounges in Asia, in particular SIN, TPE, SGN and BKK lounges?

In Asia, I'm pretty much always flying business class so I don't need the PP card. However, if you are flying SQ out of KL, the PP lounge is larger and nicer than the SQ lounge and has better food offerings. And I sometimes use the PP lounge instead of the SQ lounge at SIN since it's a much shorter walk and generally less crowded. Of course, back in the days when the SQ flight to KUL had first class, I would use the SQ F lounge walk or no walk. ;)

Sorry, I can't recall using PP at any other Asian airport.

GenevaFlyer Jan 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi,

Originally Posted by tonywestsider (Post 13033945)
Any word on new lounge access at IAD?

No more lounges listed at all.

SIN T1 - Skyview and Rainforest lounges
SIN T2 - Plaza Premium lounge
SIN T3 - Ambassador Transit lounge

TPE T1 - More Premium Lounge
TPE T2 - More Premium Lounge

SGN International Terminal - Orchid Lounge

BKK - Concourses A, C, G - Louis' Tavern Lounge

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

thomas199023 Feb 19, 2010 6:55 am

6 NEW LOUNGES JOIN THE PROGRAM

UNITED KINGDOM
London Stansted
No. 1 STANSTED
February 1, 2010
We are pleased to announce the opening of No. 1 Stansted located in Satellite 3 next to Gate 49, available to Priority Pass cardholders traveling on international Ryanair flights.

Cardholders can also skip the queues at security with their Fast Track service (pick up Fast Track invitation at the Sales Desk landside Zone E before proceeding airside to the lounge). See listing for full details.

Please note the Lounge is also accessible to passengers departing from Satellite 2 but will need an allowance of minimum 20 minutes to walk back to departure gates.

SERBIA
Belgrade Nikola Tesla (BEG)
BUSINESS CLUB
February 1, 2010
We are pleased to announce that the Business Club in Terminal 2 has joined the program.

COLOMBIA
Bogota Eldorado (BOG)
SALA ELITE AERO REPÚBLICA - ALLIANCE COPA AIRLINES
February 1, 2010
ADVANCE NOTICE OF PARTICIPATION

We are pleased to announce that the Sala Elite Aero Republica in the National Terminal will join the program and accept cardholders effective 8th February 2010.

OMAN
Muscat International (MCT)
PLAZA PREMIUM LOUNGE
February 1, 2010
We are pleased to announce that the Plaza Premium Lounge has joined the program.
And most importantly

USA
Chicago O’Hare International (ORD)
UNITED RED CARPET CLUB
February 1, 2010
We are pleased to announce that the United Red Carpet Club located near Gate C16 in Terminal 1 has joined the program.

USA
Washington Dulles International (IAD)
UNITED RED CARPET CLUB
February 1, 2010
We are pleased to announce that the United Red Carpet Club located near Gate D8 in the Midfield Terminal has joined the program.

stimpy Feb 19, 2010 7:20 am

Regarding UA, that's kinda weird that only one of the ORD RCC's is PP? It would be great if they added the LAX RCC!

tonywestsider Feb 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Hooray for PP for finally making available the UA RCC at IAD! Lounge, at last...

remyontheroad Feb 21, 2010 4:40 am

I was in ORD earlier this month during bad weather delays and the RCC in terminal C was a blessing.

I had checked the site and seen RCCs listed, soi wandered into the one in B, they sent me to C and the first woman at C almost didn't let me in, until the other acknowledged that it was the first day of being back in the program.

A sign on the front desk saying that PP member were not allowed in had been crossed off with a pen...

Have to say that despite my disappointment with the loss of DL, I've been delighted to have the access during all the recent bad weather in the NE these days.

Sydfly Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Lounge access in CMB with next day flight departure

Originally Posted by abfab (Post 10428544)
You do need to be flying actually, even if the lounge is landside.

One of the conditions for lounge access on PP is that admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel.

I've got a few questions. I'll be arriving on Oman Air in CMB at 6pm connecting to a SQ flight to SIN at 1am (the next calendar day!). Firstly, does anyone know the airport and can tell me whether I could have access to the Lotus Lounge when I arrive? I'm assuming that it's a fairly small airport and no separation between arrivals and departures...I'd rather kill 4 hours or so in the lounge, then check-in for my onward flight and come back to the lounge.

I read that some people were able to use PP lounge upon arrival. Is this possible as long as I show them my boarding pass from my arrival flight?

If not, how about I show them the TICKET for my onward flight on SQ? I wouldn't have a boarding pass yet because check-in doesn't open until 3 hours prior but I will have an eticket confirmation.

The other problem I'm seeing is that my next flight is not the same day as it will depart at 1am. So, does this mean they will not let me into the lounge until after midnight? That sounds crazy :confused:

GregGH Mar 16, 2010 6:24 pm

it is just me --of is the UA lounge in Chicago not worth the effort -- no drinks and they refuse you the wifi .. ? My Daughter was there and they where RUDE to her and made sure she knew that NO drinks and NO comp WIFI.

For me --I still miss lounges in DTW & SAN ( term#2) -- some big holes in my travel plans. Those NW lounges will be missed.

Greg

ORDnHKG Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by GregGH (Post 13589471)
it is just me --of is the UA lounge in Chicago not worth the effort -- no drinks and they refuse you the wifi .. ? My Daughter was there and they where RUDE to her and made sure she knew that NO drinks and NO comp WIFI.

Regarding free wifi, UA has to protect the value of RCC members, if not, people would join PP instead if RCC.

This is PP's issue, they didn't negotiate for PP's member to get free wifi in UA lounge. But if you think about it, UA RCC charge a higher rate for general member than PP's. Also UA RCC one time pass the lowest you can get is $39, whereas PP only charging $27 per visit. If UA is going to offer free wifi for PP's members, UA is going to loss money.

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13420420)
Regarding UA, that's kinda weird that only one of the ORD RCC's is PP?

Why is it weird ? I mean what more do you want ? People complain when there is none, people still complain when there is one. :rolleyes: If you want access to all 4 RCC in ORD, then either use your UA miles or purchase a RCC membership, or become a non UA*G.

zhaobao Mar 16, 2010 10:56 pm

All Plaza Premium lounges worldwide are part of the Priority Pass network. There are two lounges in HKG. The flagship one, recently opened, is supposedly the largest lounge in the world. The lounge has a dark decor inside, and has a spacious layout with decent food. Plenty of internet stations.

Went to Louis Tavern in BKK. Very nice seating and decent snacks/desserts/drinks. Again internet stations.

stimpy Mar 17, 2010 1:25 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 13590851)
Why is it weird ? I mean what more do you want ? People complain when there is none, people still complain when there is one. :rolleyes: If you want access to all 4 RCC in ORD, then either use your UA miles or purchase a RCC membership, or become a non UA*G.

How does a non UA *G give you access to a domestic RCC? I have Star G through UA, CO and US (CO and US comped). But I don't think that gets me into an RCC.

However, I found out recently that my comped CO card, which is registered to my Euro address, also comps me to a CO PC card which does give me RCC access. So I guess I don't have to worry about PP anymore at RCC's. :)

PFKMan23 Mar 17, 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13591395)
How does a non UA *G give you access to a domestic RCC? I have Star G through UA, CO and US (CO and US comped). But I don't think that gets me into an RCC.

Only way that I can think of would be if you were riding PS business.

Robbiemp Mar 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 13449668)
I've got a few questions. I'll be arriving on Oman Air in CMB at 6pm connecting to a SQ flight to SIN at 1am (the next calendar day!). Firstly, does anyone know the airport and can tell me whether I could have access to the Lotus Lounge when I arrive? I'm assuming that it's a fairly small airport and no separation between arrivals and departures...I'd rather kill 4 hours or so in the lounge, then check-in for my onward flight and come back to the lounge.

I read that some people were able to use PP lounge upon arrival. Is this possible as long as I show them my boarding pass from my arrival flight?

If not, how about I show them the TICKET for my onward flight on SQ? I wouldn't have a boarding pass yet because check-in doesn't open until 3 hours prior but I will have an eticket confirmation.

The other problem I'm seeing is that my next flight is not the same day as it will depart at 1am. So, does this mean they will not let me into the lounge until after midnight? That sounds crazy :confused:

There are 2 lounges at CMB - Araliya and Lotus, which are both pretty close to the gates (in the transit area) and accessible without passing immigration. Lotus is for First Class passengers, but if you have a Priority Pass card they will let you access it. As far as I know, there is no time limit, and the lounge is great, with hot food and a good variety of free drinks.

bosbiz Apr 2, 2010 11:04 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13591395)

Looking forward to the PP lounges in ORD and IAD if and when I need to use them.

Note: If you are a *G, you can get access to non UA/CO/US lounges in the United States even without (for example) a RCC pass.

I don't have RCC membership, but have used the SQ lounge in SFO, and the LH lounge in IAD even on an all-domestic UA itinerary. This is based on *G status and an *G flight outbound, even if domestic. However their hours are usually synchronized to their flights.

jeanpierre13 Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Want to buy priority pass....

Hi there,
I want to buy priority pass but I don't find information about meals and beverage in lounge. Could you tell me if it's always available or not in all lounges. Thank you very much.

stimpy Apr 12, 2010 6:28 pm

You can get food, at least snacks, at all lounges, and soft drinks. There is alcohol in all lounges except where prohibited by law. And some of the lounges in the US may charge for alcohol, but not all.

In the PP directory it lists what each lounge has.

Eastbay1K Apr 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by jeanpierre13 (Post 13756577)
Hi there,
I want to buy priority pass but I don't find information about meals and beverage in lounge. Could you tell me if it's always available or not in all lounges. Thank you very much.

The food spread varies greatly. None have what I'd call a meal. But some have what you could make a meal out of. Others just have a "paltry salty" selection - some chips and nuts, and some cheese/crackers.

Alcohol selection varies greatly, as well as whether you pay (but I only recall seeing a few outside of the US where you pay).

stimpy Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 13757987)
Alcohol selection varies greatly, as well as whether you pay (but I only recall seeing a few outside of the US where you pay).

Which ones outside the US make you pay for alcohol? Come to think of it, the only lounges in the PP system that make you pay are the few UA RCC's. All the rest of the lounges in the US offer free alcohol from my memory.

The lounges in some Arab countries don't have any alcohol. Ditto for domestic lounges in India.

Eastbay1K Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13758004)
Which ones outside the US make you pay for alcohol? Come to think of it, the only lounges in the PP system that make you pay are the few UA RCC's. All the rest of the lounges in the US offer free alcohol from my memory.

The lounges in some Arab countries don't have any alcohol. Ditto for domestic lounges in India.

The Relax @LAX you pay for booze. I also recall seeing a few others elsewhere that you pay for booze. PUJ you pay for all (there was just an update earlier this month). I think there are a few others.

GenevaFlyer Apr 13, 2010 3:06 am

Looks like the Plaza Premium Lounge in SIN is pay for alcohol too:

Additional Information: Alcoholic drinks and optional facilities are all subject to payment.
(from the PP website)

And the AA and US lounges in the US are pay for alcohol too, IIRC.

So there are more ...

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

stimpy Apr 13, 2010 3:28 am

I wonder how accurate and up to date that information is? I have been several times to the PP lounge at SIN and alcohol is free there. Unless it has changed this year?

Ditto for the US club which used to be HP clubs. Always free alcohol there, however I haven't used them in over a year so maybe things have changed?

stimpy Apr 13, 2010 3:45 am

I hadn't heard of the Relax club at LAX! If you can get into the Skyteam lounge which does have free booze, why go to Relax?

stimpy Apr 13, 2010 4:43 am

I was killing time and for fun did a search on "alcohol" in the directory and came up with these gems...

AXM - Non-alcoholic drinks and complimentary local rum available

BFS - Only two drinks per person, ya know the Irish. ;)

BLQ - Alcoholic drinks are limited to beer only

BNE (and all the clubs in Oz I think) - Complimentary alcoholic drinks are limited to beer, wine and champagne. I'm pretty sure it ain't real Champagne.

FOC - Dress code applicable - Alcoholic drinks are limited to beer only and consumption is restricted to 1 per person

LHR - KUWAIT AIRWAYS - OASIS LOUNGE - No alcohol period

BOM Intl - Complimentary alcoholic drinks are limited to one per person, subsequent drinks are subject to payment. I know for a fact that no one checks in this club. You can drink all you want as long as you don't make a fool of yourself.

SIN Rainforest - No alcoholic drinks are available for passengers under 18 years of age.

Eastbay1K Apr 13, 2010 9:35 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13759831)
I hadn't heard of the Relax club at LAX! If you can get into the Skyteam lounge which does have free booze, why go to Relax?

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't go there, but it is landside if one should have time to kill / arrive prior to ticket counter open / waiting for another arriving pax, etc.

bostonbali Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13759803)
I have been several times to the PP lounge at SIN and alcohol is free there. Unless it has changed this year?

There are several PP lounges in SIN. IIRC, only one offers complimentary alcohol.

fied1k Apr 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Heres a link for 20% off all Priority Pass options:

http://www.prioritypass.com/HK88DB07

travelinfoo Apr 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Anybody know anything about the PP lounges in NCE? There are 2 in each terminal; one dedicated to Schengen flights and another for non-Schengen flights. The Schengen lounge is after security. The non is after immigration.

Any details about convenience (does after immigration mean before security so can't stay in lounge until boarding?) and offerings in the lounge?

TIA

remyontheroad Apr 19, 2010 6:50 am

Was in the Non-Schengen lounge a few months back.

Nothing special. A nice selection of drinks, maybe some fruit and finger food.

It's definitely past security and immigration and was about 20 ft from my gate for the DL flight to JFK.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo (Post 13791148)
Anybody know anything about the PP lounges in NCE? There are 2 in each terminal; one dedicated to Schengen flights and another for non-Schengen flights. The Schengen lounge is after security. The non is after immigration.

Any details about convenience (does after immigration mean before security so can't stay in lounge until boarding?) and offerings in the lounge?

TIA

ayg Jun 3, 2010 1:20 pm

Have current PP users been finding that they will renew at the $319 promo price they are offering new members? I signed up last year on with the Freddie discount plus the 2 or 3 additional months on top of the normal 12 and i think it was around 320-330. The renew page is asking for the full 399 for renewal.

Any experiences? I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow about it...

baliktad Jun 3, 2010 2:14 pm

The Freddies offer was explicitly promoted as a one-time signup bonus which reduced the rate by 15% and extended the membership period by 3 months. It was clear from the beginning that renewals would be charged at standard rates. It's highly unlikely that they will extend a renewal at the promo signup rates.

Since the promo seems to be still going on, I would just cancel the renewal and sign up for a new PP at prioritypass.com/freddie08.

mileshound Jun 3, 2010 7:02 pm

CLT Access

I recently found a hidden benefit.

If you have PP through the BOA Accolades card, the CLT US Air lounge will let you in with the Accolades card, since PP is not accepted there.

ttervooren Jun 10, 2010 11:32 am

Originally Posted by ayg (Post 14071016)
Have current PP users been finding that they will renew at the $319 promo price they are offering new members? I signed up last year on with the Freddie discount plus the 2 or 3 additional months on top of the normal 12 and i think it was around 320-330. The renew page is asking for the full 399 for renewal.

Any experiences? I'm thinking of calling them tomorrow about it...

I got my Priority Pass with the Ameriprise card in April. It's annual fee was only $165 and you get the unlimited visits Priority Pass membership...and also got one for my husband for the same $165. I've used it quite a bit and it works fine. I'd recommend that rather than going through the Priority Pass site.

ttervooren Jun 10, 2010 11:35 am

Looking for JFK Priority Pass Lounge recommendations.

I've got a 5 hour layover at JFK next week. Anyone have recommendations for a Priority Pass lounge there? I'm looking at "The Lounge JFK" because of it's long hours and shower. Anyone been there? Would appreciate any thoughts.

IncyWincy Jun 11, 2010 7:15 am

Frankfurt?

We have nearly 5 hours' transit time in Frankfurt (about 6 am to 11 am), arriving on Cathay and going onto Finnair. I read here on FT that CX's departure lounge also works as arrivals lounge but that it is rather disppointing.

We have priority pass memberships and I see from their site that they have 2 lounges in Frankfurt Club Sky Lounge (T-2) and Admirals (T-1). However, this thread on FT tells us Club Sky Lounge is closed http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...frankfurt.html. Is it likely that PP's site is not uptodate?

Does anyone know what the Club Sky Lounge is like (if it is still in existence)?

In any case, does anyone have experience of Admirals Club at Frankfurt?

Many thanks.