FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

DanTheMan39 Sep 8, 2009 9:24 pm

Is a complete list of all of the clubs available anywhere? I cannot find one on the website, and on here I only find a list of "newly added" clubs.

I fly almost exclusively UA, and will be buying either a PP membership or a RCC membership depending on the clubs.

Paso Fino Sep 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Delta Northwest pp denial

Today I was surprised to be denied entry to the NW-Delta lounge at O'Hare because NW and Delta clubs no longer accept Priority Pass.

The lounge directory showed that there is only one lounge at OHare that allows Priority Pass and that is the Swiss lounge at Terminal 5.

This is very bad news.

DBCme Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Wow...this thread is over 10 years old! Didn't even know FT had been around that long.

sbm12 Sep 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Paso Fino (Post 12367313)
The lounge directory showed that there is only one lounge at OHare that allows Priority Pass and that is the Swiss lounge at Terminal 5.

This is very bad news.

Yup...DL SkyClubs withdrew their participation as of September 1.

SkyTeam777 Sep 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Any updates on this? Can pax use it upon arrival as well with a Priority Pass card?

I will also be flying out a different day on ANA...is this the same terminal that ANA uses? I heard their Business Class lounge is nothing special.

DanTheMan39 Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Gee thanks for the outstanding amount of responses, lol. For anyone who cares I went with RCC just because I know I always fly United and dont know where the other clubs will be located

ORDnHKG Sep 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 12374967)
Any updates on this? Can pax use it upon arrival as well with a Priority Pass card?

I will also be flying out a different day on ANA...is this the same terminal that ANA uses? I heard their Business Class lounge is nothing special.

No, pax arrives in NRT without connecting flight will be going right out to the immigration, it is separate with a wall, no way you can use any airline operated lounges.

NH use T1 in NRT, same terminal with UA and other star allaince partners. I don't believe you can access NH or UA lounge in T1 with priority pass. You can probably use the IASS lounge or KE lounge near gate 26, which is not close to the NH gate areas (NH use gate 50s in T1). I am not exactly sure where is the IASS lounge though, as I don't need to go to any airport operated lounges.

I have no idea where you hear NH business class lounge is nothing special, check with UA forum and everyone love it. It has cook to order udon or soba noodle soup, sake bar, nice showers, etc. Oh btw, KE lounge in NRT is far worse than NH lounge.

scubadiver Sep 14, 2009 10:10 am

Mrs. Scubadiver and I have been in PP since near the beginning. The bigest benefit is access to a clean restroom in back-of-beyond hellhole airports.

That said, PP no nonger has a lounge in my home airport, IAD. So for the first time I consider not renewing.

CMK10 Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am

I love how the original post mentions TW and HP Lounges as participants. Oh how times have changed.

Innovative Training Sep 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Delta Sky Clubs/Priority Pass

I have been a PP member for two years through a credit card and loved the benefit. Now, with Delta/NW not honoring PP, I first got an AmEx Plat. card that allowed the same benefit, but canceled it b/c you have to be flying on DL or NW to enter. So, I became a Club member a month ago (yeah, paying DL $500), but when the card arrived on Friday, the enclosure had the same restriction--you must present a Delta/NW boarding pass. That's not what the online info. says (even now) or what the SkyMiles rep. said when I called--he said that "you don't have to be flying with us to enter, so I wouldn't worry about it." But, I'm an attorney, so I can read the letter--it's pretty clear--and if I'm going to fight for a refund, I want to start now......

abfab Sep 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by DanTheMan39 (Post 12351355)
Is a complete list of all of the clubs available anywhere? I cannot find one on the website, and on here I only find a list of "newly added" clubs.

The website does have all the available clubs to view as far as I can see, though not on a single list.

You click on "airport lounge locations", then use the "Lounge search" function on the right of the screen to list the lounges available at each airport worldwide.

I think once you log in as a member you can download a complete single list in several formats.

ayg Sep 18, 2009 12:01 pm

With the 70 dollars off Admirals Club through the coupon they have out right now I'm seriously thinking that is the best way to go for 2010. If I don't hear promising news by last week of December about a windfall addition of new clubs (basically the readdition of DL/NW or AA's AC) I'm probably going to jump ship with the coupon. I'm up for renewal in March of 2010 with PP.

Only thing that stinks is Admirals Clubs don't have free booze. Which makes me want to join DL's but I think I'll be able to get into the AA club's for 330 or less with the coupon.

MileageGeek Sep 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Priority Pass is worth it if....

Priority Pass is worth it if.... you do not have access through an Elite program. If you fly a lot outside of the US on foreign carriers its awesome.

A few downfalls in the US... many of the lounges may not be in the same terminal that you are flying out of. That's happened to me many times... long layover but the only available lounge is 3 terminals over and all the security hassles.
It's a pain in the a** to use at O'Hare.

I get the most use at my home airport (BUF) and overseas.

Several times I have taken a stranger who looked like they needed a break from the usual airport hassles in with me. (It costs me $27 but the look on their face is priceless)

If you fly several times a month and the lounges line up with your usual travel, go for it.

SEAUAKID Sep 24, 2009 8:51 pm

I thought the NW lounge at O'Hare was shared with Continental... and since Continental still accepts PP you could use your PP there.

BanffJasper Sep 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Paso Fino (Post 12367313)
Today I was surprised to be denied entry to the NW-Delta lounge at O'Hare because NW and Delta clubs no longer accept Priority Pass.

This is very bad news.

I experienced the same thing in NRT and DTW too. Now there is no lounge for PP at DTW. Oh I miss the NW lounge at NRT...

chewy3 Sep 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID (Post 12434655)
I thought the NW lounge at O'Hare was shared with Continental... and since Continental still accepts PP you could use your PP there.

I don't think they are shared anymore.

danielonn Sep 26, 2009 12:24 am

PriorityPass new lounges?

I was wondering what is PriorityPass pulling off now that Delta SkyClubs are no longer part of the program? Do you think with Continental being a part of Star Alliance will we see the addition of more United Red Carpet Clubs and other Star Alliance carriers? It would be cool to see premium lounges such as Singapore Airlines etc?

In the US Do you think more Admirals Clubs will join such as the one at SJC? Could we see other airlines joining suit?

Anyone heard any rumors? Do you think Delta will rejoin PP within the year as they reconsider their decision? I hope it won't be permanent.

dbaseworking Sep 26, 2009 7:48 pm

PP. Lounges

Been a member now for 4yrs. Recently changed
to the $250 Plan. Allow 10 Free visits to over
500 Lounges throughout world. They are not
as fancy as the Biz. class lounges but it still gets
one away from the noise/crowd outside. Still a
good santuary. Best lounges are in ICN Korea.
dbase

bokee88 Sep 29, 2009 6:12 am

Felt like I was scammed by Priority Pass and/or CitiCards

I had a Citibank credit card and it said I got a "Free" membership to PriorityPass. Well, there was nothing Free about it. I belong to the Northwest/Delta/KLM lounge program. So, I never used the Priority Pass until I was in Ecuador. The Priority Pass got me into the lounge along with a buddy of mine. The lounge was "low end" (especially when compared to the Northwest/Delta/KLM etc lounges. However, I didn't care becuase I got internet access and some breakfast for free. That was December 2008.

July 2009 (7 months later) I get a charge on my card for $54. Apparently that lounge visit cost me $27 for each person. I thought is was *FREE*?!?! I called and they have yet to provide to me where the fine print is that states I have to pay. I don't doubt its in the fine print some where but the 2 people I spoke with from Citibank can't tell me where it is.

I wanted to post this so that others who think they have a "FREE" membership for Prioritiy Pass don't have a free one at all. Be careful. Again, I don't know if the fault it with Priority Pass or Citibank, but I felt taken advantage of.

bokee88 Sep 29, 2009 6:17 am

Felt like I was scammed by Priority Pass and/or CitiCards

I had a Citibank credit card and it said I got a "Free" membership to PriorityPass. Well, there was nothing Free about it. I belong to the Northwest/Delta/KLM lounge program. So, I never used the Priority Pass until I was in Ecuador. The Priority Pass got me into the lounge along with a buddy of mine. The lounge was "low end" (especially when compared to the Northwest/Delta/KLM etc lounges. However, I didn't care becuase I got internet access and some breakfast for free. That was December 2008.

July 2009 (7 months later) I get a charge on my card for $54. Apparently that lounge visit cost me $27 for each person. I thought is was *FREE*?!?! I called and they have yet to provide to me where the fine print is that states I have to pay. I don't doubt its in the fine print some where but the 2 people I spoke with from Citibank can't tell me where it is.

I wanted to post this so that others who think they have a "FREE" membership for Prioritiy Pass don't have a free one at all. Be careful. Again, I don't know if the fault it with Priority Pass or Citibank, but I felt taken advantage of.

Diplomatico Sep 29, 2009 6:36 am

Priority Pass has several levels of membership and each of them requires an annual membership fee to join. The lowest of the levels of membership adds on a $27/per person per visit charge (and, of course, it costs the least in annual fees.)

If you didn't pay the annual membership fee to join then technically you received a "free" membership.

MoreMilesPlease Sep 29, 2009 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 12454886)
Priority Pass has several levels of membership and each of them requires an annual membership fee to join. The lowest of the levels of membership adds on a $27/per person per visit charge (and, of course, it costs the least in annual fees.)

If you didn't pay the annual membership fee to join then technically you received a "free" membership.

Correct. We have a free membership through AMEX. What is free is the membership fee to Priority Pass. Entry into the lounges is by the AMEX credit card which triggers the automatic lounge use charge. This was in all the info sent to us in the AMEX Priority Pass package. Of course, you had to read the info to know what you get and don't get.

So, the Priority Pass annual membership is free, the lounge usage is on a discount basis activated by showing your card at the lounge for entry.

seaskybound Sep 29, 2009 8:45 am

Originally Posted by bokee88 (Post 12454799)

Their basic membership works like that, you pay a fee for every entry. So the membership is 'an option' to use a lounge if/when you need it. It's not such a bad option to have if you are ever stuck at an airport. My expresso fees sitting around for a few hours adds up (unfortunatly american lounges don't seem to have expresso....). This basic membership costs $99 if you buy straight from the web

I have their 'all in' membership to use as often as I want.

stupenal Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Whats weird with priority pass is the amount of time it takes for the visit to post to your online account (if ever). Makes it tough for those with the Citi Amex Plat with 3 free visits per year.

Eastbay1K Sep 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by stupenal (Post 12464625)
Whats weird with priority pass is the amount of time it takes for the visit to post to your online account (if ever). Makes it tough for those with the Citi Amex Plat with 3 free visits per year.

Some post within a day, others can take over a month.

pueywei Sep 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by BanffJasper (Post 12438022)
I experienced the same thing in NRT and DTW too. Now there is no lounge for PP at DTW. Oh I miss the NW lounge at NRT...

I may be wrong, but I believe the Korean air lounge is pretty nice too.

drjhwang Oct 1, 2009 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 12464656)
Some post within a day, others can take over a month.

This caused me to check my statement, which raised a question:
I used a lounge in December 2008, but it did not post until January 2009. Anyone know if AmEx will count that against my 2009 total?

cph_flyer Oct 27, 2009 5:27 am

Prague Lounges

In Prague I have the choice between the Crystal Lounge and the Menzies Lounge (Schengen side).
Are there any major differences between them and should I choose one over the other ?

cph_flyer Nov 4, 2009 10:30 am

Originally Posted by cph_flyer (Post 12716312)
In Prague I have the choice between the Crystal Lounge and the Menzies Lounge (Schengen side).
Are there any major differences between them and should I choose one over the other ?

Well, after returning from Prague I am now able to answer my own question.;)
I visited both lounges around noon: The Menzies is OK and sort of a standard modern lounge, but I found the larger Crystal lounge better , as it also offered a bite to eat in the form of small and quite tasty sandwiches. Better choice in newspapers as well, as well as a number of internet stations.

Athena53 Nov 4, 2009 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by bokee88 (Post 12454799)

I have this membership with the AE Surpass card and was able to find out with some digging that it carries the per-visit fee. It may be that I knew about the different membership types and was skeptical that a card with a $75 annual fee would provide a PPass membership worth $300+ (which is what they charge for a membership with unlimited free visits). In my case, the information was there- it just wasn't conspicuous.

And yes, PPass is slow on its billing sometimes.

ORDnHKG Nov 4, 2009 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 12440139)
I was wondering what is PriorityPass pulling off now that Delta SkyClubs are no longer part of the program? Do you think with Continental being a part of Star Alliance will we see the addition of more United Red Carpet Clubs and other Star Alliance carriers? It would be cool to see premium lounges such as Singapore Airlines etc?

In the US Do you think more Admirals Clubs will join such as the one at SJC? Could we see other airlines joining suit?

Anyone heard any rumors? Do you think Delta will rejoin PP within the year as they reconsider their decision? I hope it won't be permanent.

All no to your questions.

Think carefully, UA already has to deal with sudden increase of pax using RCC as CO join STAR, if UA doesn't want to participate PP in the past when they have lesser people, why would they want to join now ?

Even when there is RCC participate in the PP program, it often at airports that are non UA hubs, hence less crowded. PP can only access the one in SFO in int'l terminal instead of domestic, you can see the reason behind.

There is also another point there will no more added RCC to the PP program as UA cannot earn any money from it. Take a look at how much UA charge for a one time pass for RCC. $50 for upfront, $40 online. And how much does PP charge per visit ?

There is not that many SQ lounges at all. Most of the time SQ lounge are already packed with KF elite and PPS, as well as *G, so why do they still need to invite more people ? Fly more on *A partners and become a *G, then you can go to SQ lounge whenever you want. :D

MAN Pax Nov 4, 2009 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by cph_flyer (Post 12766091)
Well, after returning from Prague I am now able to answer my own question.;)
I visited both lounges around noon: The Menzies is OK and sort of a standard modern lounge, but I found the larger Crystal lounge better , as it also offered a bite to eat in the form of small and quite tasty sandwiches. Better choice in newspapers as well, as well as a number of internet stations.

Thanks for this - I'm reading this in Prague and will be heading home on Friday. FT serendipity at its best.

baliktad Nov 19, 2009 3:54 pm

If you're a Priority Pass member, check your email for a 20% off gift certificate offer. I just got this in my email today:

Dear baliktad,

<blah blah blah, Priority Pass is the best thing since sliced bread>

Our gift to you this holiday season – Give the gift of membership in Priority Pass and you can save 20% on each membership that you purchase.
• Standard: Was US$99 – Now US$79
• Standard Plus: Was US$249 –Now US$199
• Prestige: Was US$399 – Now US$319

Priority Pass membership - it’s truly a unique and unexpected gift!
How It Works:
1. Select the membership plan that you’d like to give as a gift and get 20% off.
2. We’ll send you a Gift Certificate that your can give to your gift recipient.
3. The Gift Certificate will direct them to a URL where they will activate their membership online. There, they will simply enter their unique Gift Certificate number and their first year’s membership will be fully paid. Don’t worry, we’ll collect their credit card information at that point, so you’re not responsible for any lounge visit fees or guest visit fees.

<details on purchasing and more sales pitch>

We hope you enjoy this holiday season.
Elizabeth Rigby,
Operation Director

The fine print at the bottom has some more info:

• A 90-day money back guarantee is offered and will be credited back to credit card originally charged, once we have received a confirmation by writting.
• A refund is only applicable if the Certificate Number has not been redeemed. Only active Priority Pass Members may purchase Gift memberships.
• There is no limit to the number of Gift Memberships a member can purchase.
• Active Members can purchase any membership plan they choose as a Gift.
• The Gift Certificate is valid for 12 months from date of issue
Might be useful as a gift or even a renewal for yourself. The 15% off + 3 months free offer is still a better deal for new subscriptions:

Standard 15 months: $84
Standard Plus 15 months: $212
Prestige 15 months: $339

I also recommend the 15 month subscriptions because your subscription term starts on the day you purchase, even though you won't receive your card to actually gain admittance to any club for about 2 weeks. So a 12 month subscription is closer to 11.5, and a 15 month subscription is actually 14.5 months.

Athena53 Nov 20, 2009 2:17 pm

I was in ORD Monday with a 3-hour layover and checked my pdf of the PriorityPass directory. With the loss of the CRC, nothing but the Swiss Lounge in the International terminal, open only 2 PM-7 PM even if I were crazy enough to want to go through "security" twice (once in T-5 and again to get back to a domestic terminal). When you fly AA out of MCI, just about everything connects in ORD. Darn. Time to find an airline lounge membership, and I refuse to reward DL by joining theirs.

cheap pacific fares Nov 21, 2009 4:33 am

Works beautifully in Australia at Virginblue's "The Lounge" which are located in the major cities on the airside of security. They have unlimited free grog, food, pool tables, large TVs, newspapers, magazines, PayTV, internet, printers, business conferences, showers, towels, cappucino coffee, etc.

And you don't have to be flying on VirginBlue! I checked in there (Melbourne) when I was flying MEL-ADL on Tiger Airways! It was especially great when Tiger were delayed 2 hours because of an electrical storm. More free grog, food, etc.

PP worked for me in 2008 when I went to the States. Used it at HNL, EWL, DEN and couold have used it at ORD and PIT.

italybound2009aj Nov 28, 2009 7:40 am

questions about Buddy Passes Delta/Northwest

I am going to Italy this summer and my aunt is retired from Northwest. She has offered a buddy pass in the past but have never used it. Now I want to try but they merged with delta and she doesn't know anything about the program. Can anyone help me with this??? Thanks.

TAHKUCT Nov 28, 2009 7:47 am

Originally Posted by italybound2009aj (Post 12890454)
I am going to Italy this summer and my aunt is retired from Northwest. She has offered a buddy pass in the past but have never used it. Now I want to try but they merged with delta and she doesn't know anything about the program. Can anyone help me with this??? Thanks.

Welcome to Flyertalk!!!

This question is not appropriate to this thread. You probably will get a better response in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-665/ even by performing a seach. Also would suggest to read Flyertalk FAQ section.

hln Nov 28, 2009 10:02 am

Anyone has an idea when PP will have a lounge in T5 in Heathrow ?
I got PP with amex plat. and i'm pretty happy with it.

TAHKUCT Nov 28, 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by hln (Post 12890916)
Anyone has an idea when PP will have a lounge in T5 in Heathrow ?
I got PP with amex plat. and i'm pretty happy with it.

I do not know if anybody can answer your question. Have you tried calling PP? Currently at Heathrow PP has lounge aggreements at T1, T3 and T4

stimpy Nov 28, 2009 10:44 am

Seeing as how it's all BA at T5, I would never expect a PP lounge to show up there.