FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

levilevi Aug 8, 2012 7:40 pm

gotcha. thanks for clarifying!

14940674 Aug 8, 2012 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 19085925)
gotcha. thanks for clarifying!

No problem. Welcome to FlyerTalk.

TallestHotelInJapan Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm

No access in Norway, Greenland, Iceland !

Originally Posted by MileCrazy (Post 43586)
has anybody had any experience with priority pass? it's an agreement with several airlines (tw, nw, co, hp, etc.) to allow members to use any club in the program for a yearly fee of about $300. my twa ambassador and delta crown room memberships are up for renewal, and this may be a more economically efficient membership to have (major drawback -- priority pass members cannot bring in guests without paying an exorbitant "visit fee", but my business travel is mostly just by myself anyway, so it's not a big problem for me).

Look, I am a gold member with the Star Alliance. Recently there was a flight with a low cost airline from Oslo to Trondheim. The Priority Pass did not give me access in Oslo. Even more ridiculous, the Priority Club Pass does not give you access anywhere in Norway! No good value from my point of view! Same thing in Iceland and Greenland. No access!

FlyerChrisK Aug 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 19103445)
Look, I am a gold member with the Star Alliance. Recently there was a flight with a low cost airline from Oslo to Trondheim. The Priority Pass did not give me access in Oslo. Even more ridiculous, the Priority Club Pass does not give you access anywhere in Norway! No good value from my point of view! Same thing in Iceland and Greenland. No access!

If you're a *G, why did you not visit the SK lounges?

TallestHotelInJapan Aug 12, 2012 5:16 am

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK (Post 19103827)
If you're a *G, why did you not visit the SK lounges?

• Sandefjord ("Oslo")-Trondheim and vice versa with Norwegian = no * access
  • Oslo-Vilnius with Air Baltic = no * access

Another point which I realized: Most Priority Pass lounges are also included in my Diners Club card.

BillyBaloney Aug 12, 2012 5:51 am

I have found it to be quite useless. If I have a long layover and desire a lounge, I will just by a discounted club pass from one of the airlines. No yearly fee. Pay as you go.

Another thing I noticed is that the 2 airports I use the most - didn't have "Priority Pass" lounges. So for me the Priority Pass was useless.

stifle Aug 13, 2012 5:47 am

I agree; with many lounges available pay per entry these days I am not quite sure what the unique selling point of Priority Pass is anymore.

fozziedoggie Aug 16, 2012 9:56 am

Sorry, but could someone please clarify:

I've been to the PP web-site and I don't see a "select" membership: https://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-it-Costs.cfm

Have they renamed their tiers? I'm guessing for a leisure traveler such as myself, the best option is the "Standard Plus."

Thanks.

baliktad Aug 16, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 19134037)
Sorry, but could someone please clarify:

I've been to the PP web-site and I don't see a "select" membership: https://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-it-Costs.cfm

Have they renamed their tiers? I'm guessing for a leisure traveler such as myself, the best option is the "Standard Plus."

Thanks.

Select Membership is a limited form of the base membership that does not allow entry into United Clubs. It is a benefit of some credit cards and not available separately.

fozziedoggie Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am

Originally Posted by baliktad (Post 19134068)
Select Membership is a limited form of the base membership that does not allow entry into United Clubs. It is a benefit of some credit cards and not available separately.

Thanks. So if someone were to purchase the standard plus membership directly from PP web-site, this should be less problematic with which club will/will not accept it? Also, if you have the standard plus membership, how many hours may you spend inside a club before they want to count it as an additional stay? Seems like the credit card benefit membership comes with a four hour max stay?

Thanks again.

stifle Aug 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Don't know about the US, but in Europe many lounges have a 3-hour maximum stay.

nrr Aug 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 19135805)
Don't know about the US, but in Europe many lounges have a 3-hour maximum stay.

After three hours, the staff at the entrance desk may change, so how would they find those who have exceeded the three hour limit--do they give you a special "color coded" hat (which you must wear) so they can track you down later?:D

14940674 Aug 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 19134690)
Thanks. So if someone were to purchase the standard plus membership directly from PP web-site, this should be less problematic with which club will/will not accept it? Also, if you have the standard plus membership, how many hours may you spend inside a club before they want to count it as an additional stay? Seems like the credit card benefit membership comes with a four hour max stay?

Time limits are sent by individual lounges, not by membership tier. To see if any limits are in place, simply find the PP listing for the lounge you would like to use.

fozziedoggie Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674 (Post 19136741)
Time limits are sent by individual lounges, not by membership tier. To see if any limits are in place, simply find the PP listing for the lounge you would like to use.

Thank you!

Ocn Vw 1K Oct 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Moderator note

As this thread spanned almost the entire period of FlyerTalk's existence and had become difficult to search for information, we decided to split the thread at this point. We'll keep this part of the former thread visible for historical purposes, but close it.

Those who wish to see and discuss recent and current issues of Priority Pass airport lounges are invited to do so here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...13-onward.html

Ocn Vw 1K, for the TravelBuzz moderator team.