Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

FTers who fly for work -- what kind of job do you have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FTers who fly for work -- what kind of job do you have?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:48 am

Healthcare application integration; tying departmental clinical systems to a central health information system (HIS) as well as integrating applications from multiple facilities. More often longer term projects than a different site each week.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:34 pm

Meeting, incentive travel and event planner.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Work what is work?

Work should be fun, thus i LOVE my job, I get to see the world, Travel, stay in some nice hotels once in a while, all on my clients dime. Yes when they can clone people, I will be very happy, two, three places at once!

I currently have my own business doing Consulting of Technical Production of concerts, plays, corporate evetns, parties, sporting events, etc. (all the audio, video, and lighting).

http://www.corproadie.com
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
I currently have my own business doing Consulting of Technical Production of concerts, plays, corporate evetns, parties, sporting events, etc. (all the audio, video, and lighting).

http://www.corproadie.com
You may want to consider posting your business in The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum thread, iCorpRoadie.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
Federal Grants Program Manager. I travel about 50K miles per year, visiting federal grantees to provide technical assistance, oversee program development/implementation and ensure that dollars are being utilized appropriately. One of the great things about my job is that the U.S. gov't has grant programs in all 50 states and the territories. So while many people are stuck visiting the same big cities over and over again for conferences and meetings, I've also seen places like Zuni, NM; Glenwood Springs, CO; Lubec, ME; and Nome, AK. Some people might count that as a minus, but I feel incredibly privileged to have seen so much of our country and so many interesting places.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:03 pm

I'm a scientist in a brain imaging lab. I travel to conferences and to give seminars and talks. Usually around 25K a year, depending on how many international trips I make.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I'm a construction manager for a large land development firm. We have ongoing projects throughout the world, but I primarily cover the NY metro, Boston metro and DC metro areas. I cringe when I think of ever having to go back to an 8 to 5 desk job.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:33 am

Programs: FB Gold; PC Plat.
Aid worker, traveling often but with the cheapest possible tickets and a laughably low budget. So imagine how grateful I am to FT members for all the stuff I learned this year. The perks do make a big difference.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I'm a jewelry appraiser, sales trainer and retail consultant specializing in Caribbean duty-free jewelry markets. I fly about 50 segments per year, many of them short hops on American Eagle.

I am currently hiring gemologists and goldsmiths for the St Thomas, Aruba and Jamaican markets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.