Staying Healthy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staying Healthy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2003, 3:55 pm
R&R

If those unknown ingredients were harmful, they would NOT be in there! Some are inert and help the tablet dissolve, so the contents can be absorbed.

As for the french diet, it maybe necessary to include the "Cutting-Edge Technology Available Today" called RESVERATROL and found in certain vines, pine trees, peanuts, grapes and other plants. So the conclusion is the RESVERATROL in red wines help protect the body (heart and cardiovascular system) from the 'french diet'! Wine is the pinpointed as the answer to the 'French paradox'. The secret ingredient to a healthy heart. Also, found in Asian heart medicines containing Polygonnum from the plant Polygonnum cuspidatum, and used for liver and heart conditions.

Resveratrol is a polyphenol, and green tea contains polyphenols, so they can be used in place of the red wines. There is less chance of allergies or intolerance to red wines with the green tea without the alcohol!

Alzheimer's, spinal cord injury, strokes, cancer, and longevity also benefit from Resveratrol! Much of the research has been published in the past year.

A prudent person might want to take a closer look at their 'normal' diet and the devitalized foods, that they are eating. And might want to take better supplements, then a Centrum Silver, Gold or Platinum-Once a day!

[This message has been edited by R&R (edited Nov 29, 2003).]

Old Nov 29, 2003, 8:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
So the conclusion is the RESVERATROL in red wines help protect the body (heart and cardiovascular system) from the 'french diet'! Wine is the pinpointed as the answer to the 'French paradox'. The secret ingredient to a healthy heart.
</font>
I'll drink to that!
Old Nov 30, 2003, 1:11 am
R&R

You do mean a glass, and NOT a bottle!

Old Nov 30, 2003, 3:56 am

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
I travel a fair amount and take a little of this and a little of that and still get sick sometimes. Just this past week, I got the sniffles after coming back from ATL. I take a multi, C, and E. When I travel I add zinc as well. Well after I got back, the sniffles turned into bronchitis which had me in the ER twice in three days! Now I am getting neevous about my 2 week trip to Japan in a couple of months
Old Nov 30, 2003, 4:46 pm
R&R

A little of this, and a little of that, just can't get the job done!

If there is a serious flu, like this season's, then if someone gets on the plane with it, everyone on the plane will get off with it, more or less!

But it is possible to decrease the severity of the symptoms, if not prevent it, 3-5 grams of Vit C helps along with Ecinachea and Goldenseal.

Old Nov 30, 2003, 5:20 pm

Our Infectious Disease Dept recommends washing your hands more often than you THINK you should!!

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll discuss it with my cat and get back to you

[This message has been edited by ati2d (edited Nov 30, 2003).]
Old Nov 30, 2003, 6:32 pm
R&R

If that alone works, fine!

Old Dec 3, 2003, 4:05 pm
R&R

Would you be so kind to let us know, if doing nothing special or just handwashing helps you prevent the sever Flu?

It would be very helpful for the rest of us!

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/...02114609990012

I

Old Dec 3, 2003, 5:13 pm

3 years ago I heard about a cold prevention product advertised on the radio called Airborne. I found it at the drug store and followed the directions. I have not had a cold since. It is easy to use and really has worked for me. I find it particularly easy to use on planes... you just need a little water to dissolve the tablet. It is not cheap - about $6 for 10 tablets, but it has been worth it to me.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:41 am
R&R

Just in case you missed how bad this flu stuff is this year!http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031203/D7V76NBO0.html

http://www.qctimes.com/internal.php?story_id=1021326&t=Nation+%2F+World&c =26,1021326ff[/ URL]

So what steps do you take, when it attacks?

What do you do to prevent getting sick or reduce the severity of the infections!

:?

[This message has been edited by R&R (edited Dec 04, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by R&R (edited Dec 04, 2003).]

Old Dec 4, 2003, 2:38 am
R&R

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031203/D7V76NBO0.html

Corrected web address for article on current health challange!

Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:21 pm
sdl

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
But it is possible to decrease the severity of the symptoms, if not prevent it, 3-5 grams of Vit C helps along with Ecinachea and Goldenseal.

</font>
PLEASE do not encourage people you do not know personally, including their medical history, to take any medication, supplement or natural herbal remedy unless you know for a fact that it has NO contraindications for ANY subset of humanity!

Particularly, the reference to Goldenseal alarmed me greatly:
Goldenseal can be very devastating/deadly to some persons, and throwing it out there without a caveat at minimum is VERY unprofessional and careless, IMO.

Echinacea also has some serious negative side effects for certain persons, and usage should be carefully decided based on your personal medical history.

No, I am not a doctor, herbalist, nor pro/anti-anything-in-particular; I do however have a rather wide range of plant knowledge and some medical-effects knowledge from my daughter's medical condition.

I can say from personal research, professional advice, and experience that the ingredients guaifenesin and dextromethorphan (with the exception of drinking an entire LARGE bottle at one sitting) are quite harmless to all, non-addictive, and are good at relieving congestion and persistant cough.

The most important thing is, I just don't want any FF's or their friends/family harmed by following advice that they did not know could be dangerous.

S

Old Dec 6, 2003, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
This is going to sound odd, but I travel with a few cloves of garlic in my purse. When my ears start to ache, this does the trick for me. It tastes awful and is quite hot, but I'm usually better in hours.

I haven't had to do this while travelling, but I take them with me just in case. I'd hate to subject a fellow passenger to the "aroma".

[This message has been edited by Nanook (edited Dec 06, 2003).]
Old Dec 8, 2003, 12:15 am
R&R

I understand, that you better be careful with that garlic. It may have and adverse effect.

But I am certain, that you would know that in advance, and avoid rather then take someone else's word. Especially since you are bright enough to be a FFer.

Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Folks, this is really getting omni-like, so could we get back to posting specific tips that we use on staying healthy, & not get into the back/forth of who's right, research, yada yada? I'm looking for specific tips, & not who has what degree, who's the naturalist & who's the chemist, which country has better lifestyles, etc.

And in fairness, I think anything we post should come automically w/ the caveat that the tip works for us individuals in particular & may not apply or be healthy for all, and folk should use their own judgment or check w/ their doc or herbalist.

Here's to healthy travels. Cheers.

------------------
Sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.