Wiki Posts
Search

"New Twist on E Ticket ???"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2000, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
"New Twist on E Ticket ???"

I had always been under the impression that one of the main negatives of E-tickets was the fact that they were not easily transferred to another carrier. This morning I was travelling from CLT to EWR on CO on a Y fare E-ticket. My 6:30 am flight announced a delay till 8:30am, the gate attendents told us we could get a US flight leaving at 6:50am into LGA. US Air gave me no problems when I presented my E ticket,( the information of which CO had printed out for me) and in fact others on my CO flight with discounted E tickets were also accomodated on that US Air flight. Is this something new??
Old Aug 3, 2000, 11:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Some of the airlines have interline (between two airlines) e-ticket agreements. However, I don't think US and CO have such an agreement. Often what will happen, at an airport, is the agent will "print your e-ticket coupons to paper." This means they are convertting your e-ticket to paper for the segments involved. You will get actual flight coupons (they look just like and are paper tickets), and the computer will reflect your e-ticket has been printed to paper for the printed segments. So, did they perhaps print your e-ticket?

They might have also given you a FIM (flight interruption manifest). This is a document used during iregular operations where airline A. sends you to B., and B. takes your FIM as your ticket. In the past, FIMS usually were handwritten carbon copy type documents, but perhaps they are going electronic, e.g. they might be printed by the computer.

So perhaps one of these two things happend, or something al together different?
Old Aug 3, 2000, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
What CO gave me back was what looked like the back of a hard ticket (similiar to the receipt portion) and nothing else. When I first approached the US gate agent he was a bit confused, but checked with another agent and then came back and said 'fine'. But they did not give me a manifest or convert my original ticket to paper (in that sense).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.