Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Anyone decide to do Un-compensated trip cancellation due to Coronavirus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone decide to do Un-compensated trip cancellation due to Coronavirus?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
This. But also, I have a super cheap J fare. I mean, yeah, they'll refund it, but I'll probably have to pay 2x to get the same ticket when it clears up.
Unless your flight is covered by EC261/2004. Then you can choose your alternative travel date.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by bobbytables
It's the difference between ~0.00003% of the population (of Thailand) and ~0.0003% of the population (of Italy). I'm not sure that "everything changes", except perhaps in the amount of fear-driven discrimination and unnecessary panic buying.
Oh I agree with you - but yes. These 2 new cases alone was enough for Kuwait to ban all flights from Thailand today. Israel is also blocking anyone who has been to Thailand for the previous two weeks before going there. So off of very few cases, there is already (some) panic.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:37 am

The UAE has now banned its citizens from going to Thailand as well, despite the cases still being minimal there. Not a good sign.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
It will quickly escalate.
Wait until Trump forbids flights from the EU (not UK)!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:42 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: Thank you for participating in this thread. We now have consolidated discussion on the Corona Virus and this thread is now closed.

Please continue the discussion in our Consolidated Corona Virus Thread. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.