Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Does this need a notification?

Old May 27, 19, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler

I reserved a flight from Denver to New Delhi by Lufthansa. The flight was supposed to leave at 5:35 and the new time is 5:45. There is over 2 hr stopover at Frankfurt.
Does a 10 min late start need a notification? The email doesn't state that was the change-it mentions cancelling, rescheduling, alternative flight.....etc
I can understand notification if a long delay that would affect transfer at FRG.
How much delay that you think would be appropriate top notify if there is no stop over or there is over two hour connection time!
Old May 27, 19, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
To keep things simple, any change should have a notification. If not, you can be sure someone would be here complaining.

Swiss customer service told me that the robot should send out an update email even if the change in departure time is only 5 minutes.
The change was received by Swiss and the automated system failed. This has been confirmed to my by the agent.
I should have received the update more than a month ago
This is a pathetic situation that needs to be remedied

Last edited by CPRich; May 27, 19 at 4:40 pm
Old May 27, 19, 5:58 pm

I got a similar notification for a 4 minute schedule change. Given that such changes are quite common in the airline industry, some basic rules would be prudent.
Old May 27, 19, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
You should probably sue them.
Old May 27, 19, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
If it just left ten minutes late on the day you probably wouldn't notice and certainly wouldn't give it a second thought.

This is in the same category as a dented can or a torn teabag. You should demand, as a minimum, compensation in seven figures (their choice of USD, Euros, GBP or SFR) and free first-class flights for life.
Old May 27, 19, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: RCC: SC; BC: M.Ed.; UA: PG; DL: GM
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
To keep things simple, any change should have a notification. If not, you can be sure someone would be here complaining.
I’ve seen change notices that have puzzled me: same departure and arrival times, same equipment, same seat assignment. Finally noticed that the only change was the flight number. Unless it changes after I check in / print boarding passes, it’s not something I care about one way or another.

Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
...their choice of USD, Euros, GBP or SFR...
I’m holding out for gold-pressed latinum.
84fiero likes this.
Old May 28, 19, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by kale73 View Post

Iím holding out for gold-pressed latinum.

I love the ferrenghi so much. Those beautiful heads!
i once attended a Star Trek conference and the actor Armin Shimerman spoke - he also played the headmaster on Buffy and had a cute role as a dog client on Boston Legal or another law dramedy show. Iíll always love him as Quark!!

the ferrenghi are so cute.
84fiero likes this.
Old May 28, 19, 2:13 pm

Programs: EZ Pass, Starbucks Gold, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by Gynob001 View Post
Does a 10 min late start need a notification? The email doesn't state that was the change-it mentions cancelling, rescheduling, alternative flight.....etc
Well, you could think of it this way. Let's say you got an 8 min delay notification, followed by a 10 min delay notification, followed by another 8 min delay notification. If they didn't send any emails, you might not realize you were staring at a nearly 30 minute delay.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: