FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Does this need a notification? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1971513-does-need-notification.html)

Gynob001 May 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Does this need a notification?

I reserved a flight from Denver to New Delhi by Lufthansa. The flight was supposed to leave at 5:35 and the new time is 5:45. There is over 2 hr stopover at Frankfurt.
Does a 10 min late start need a notification? The email doesn't state that was the change-it mentions cancelling, rescheduling, alternative flight.....etc
I can understand notification if a long delay that would affect transfer at FRG.
How much delay that you think would be appropriate top notify if there is no stop over or there is over two hour connection time!

CPRich May 27, 2019 3:34 pm

To keep things simple, any change should have a notification. If not, you can be sure someone would be here complaining.

Swiss customer service told me that the robot should send out an update email even if the change in departure time is only 5 minutes.
The change was received by Swiss and the automated system failed. This has been confirmed to my by the agent.
I should have received the update more than a month ago

This is a pathetic situation that needs to be remedied

davie355 May 27, 2019 4:58 pm

I got a similar notification for a 4 minute schedule change. Given that such changes are quite common in the airline industry, some basic rules would be prudent.

CPRich May 27, 2019 6:43 pm

You should probably sue them.

Efrem May 27, 2019 8:22 pm

If it just left ten minutes late on the day you probably wouldn't notice and certainly wouldn't give it a second thought.

This is in the same category as a dented can or a torn teabag. You should demand, as a minimum, compensation in seven figures (their choice of USD, Euros, GBP or SFR) and free first-class flights for life.

kale73 May 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 31143744)
To keep things simple, any change should have a notification. If not, you can be sure someone would be here complaining.

I’ve seen change notices that have puzzled me: same departure and arrival times, same equipment, same seat assignment. Finally noticed that the only change was the flight number. :rolleyes: Unless it changes after I check in / print boarding passes, it’s not something I care about one way or another.

Originally Posted by Efrem (Post 31144349)
...their choice of USD, Euros, GBP or SFR...

I’m holding out for gold-pressed latinum.

gaobest May 28, 2019 7:07 am

Originally Posted by kale73 (Post 31144583)

I’m holding out for gold-pressed latinum.

I love the ferrenghi so much. Those beautiful heads!
i once attended a Star Trek conference and the actor Armin Shimerman spoke - he also played the headmaster on Buffy and had a cute role as a dog client on Boston Legal or another law dramedy show. I’ll always love him as Quark!!

the ferrenghi are so cute.

bitburgr May 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Gynob001 (Post 31143693)
Does a 10 min late start need a notification? The email doesn't state that was the change-it mentions cancelling, rescheduling, alternative flight.....etc

Well, you could think of it this way. Let's say you got an 8 min delay notification, followed by a 10 min delay notification, followed by another 8 min delay notification. If they didn't send any emails, you might not realize you were staring at a nearly 30 minute delay.