Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hotels going cashless (i.e., refusing cash payment) & implications of refusing cash

Hotels going cashless (i.e., refusing cash payment) & implications of refusing cash

Old May 7, 2018, 10:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by invisible
$500, $1000, $5000 and $10000 US currency notes are legal tender. However, if you plan to use them to pay your hotel bill, could you please give me a note, I'd be happy to exchange them to crisp, new $100 notes and take you (very old) currency notes away.
... or better yet: take the no-longer issued general circulation notes, pay the hotel bill with a points-earning/cash-back card and return the change in still-issued, general circulation cash and coin with face values of $100 or less.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by simpleflyer
I must be seriously stupid, because I don't understand how going cashless means, or could mean, the hotel not allowing meals etc to be charged to the room. If anything going cashless would in my view make it more likely the hotel permitts such charging. I realize my failure to understand is on me, but I do, indeed, fail to understand.
If they're going to have a stupid policy (cashless), may as well make it more stupid (must charge the meal separately).

What is the point of removing a payment option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.