Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is considered acceptable clothing for first and business international flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is considered acceptable clothing for first and business international flights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
My choice of wearing my THONG or not ? Depends whether I am in US UK or AUS
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Pants are entirely optional.
True, but trousers are not.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Vaucluse
Casual comfy clothing. I'm not going to wear suits, be miserable in my flight to impress people.
For men, at least, a well chosen suit is comfortable. If you're miserable in it because the tie's too tight, the slacks are scratchy, etc., you're doing it wrong.

Of course, it only makes sense to travel in a suit if you're wearing it at your destination, too. It'd be silly to dress up just for the flight! Decades ago international flights may have seemed like society balls but today they are just transportation.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
I usually wear dress slacks and a sweater or collared shirt in F or J, but if it's a long flight of 6 hours or more, I will change into jogger sweatpants and a tshirt/hoodie for comfort.

If it's a flight where I definitely am going to want to sleep, it's definitely sweat pants and a hoodie for me.

I am not flying to impress anyone.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, and a certain status at an unnamed airline
I tend to go casual dress shoes, khakis, and a black t shirt. Comfortable to sleep in and somewhere along the line of smart casual.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: *G
can't wait for someone to start next week's rousing edition of 'i wear what i want!'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.