Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
My brain hurts.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
* Not be overweight.
* Not wearing athletic shoes.

Those are the two main things. Khakis and plaid aren't as big in other countries, too.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Nice hats.
Perfect headware to protect the scalp from the scorching British sun.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
* Not be overweight.
* Not wearing athletic shoes.

Those are the two main things. Khakis and plaid aren't as big in other countries, too.
So I am curios...

Do they euthanize anyone overweight in other countries, or just lock them up? And on the reverse, I assume that any American who enters another country and is not overweight must wear a fat suit?

And what exactly do people in other countries wear on their feet? I am assuming wooden clogs in the Netherlands, but in the rest of the world, I assume they wear dress loafers even when out for a stroll in the park?

And, have you ever looked at a store called "Burberry" before?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by Cloudship
So I am curios...

Do they euthanize anyone overweight in other countries, or just lock them up? And on the reverse, I assume that any American who enters another country and is not overweight must wear a fat suit?

And what exactly do people in other countries wear on their feet? I am assuming wooden clogs in the Netherlands, but in the rest of the world, I assume they wear dress loafers even when out for a stroll in the park?

I assume that you've never left your hometown before.

I have a Burberry raincoat, tie, scarf, shirt, etc. As you know, "plaid" that most Americans wear isn't Burberry; it's Van Heusen bought at Kohl's.

Now back to the thread...
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I've been living outside the USA for years. All those things you listed as "American" are common everywhere.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have a Burberry raincoat, tie, scarf, shirt, etc. As you know, "plaid" that most Americans wear isn't Burberry; it's Van Heusen bought at Kohl's.

Now back to the thread...
Do you also sport Burberry Bermuda shorts and knee high socks during these warmer months?

Last edited by moondog; Jul 5, 2016 at 1:35 am
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Cloudship
So I am curios...

Do they euthanize anyone overweight in other countries, or just lock them up
They export them to the US.

If sneakers, then canvas low-tops and similarly styled shoes a la Keds.

Much fewer frequency of tennis, basketball, running, and cross-trainers masquerading as everyday shoes.

a brand associated with an identifiable check pattern and color (its trademarked)... so gauche
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:43 am

That won't be hard to do. If you're a female and walk around solo wearing, say, solid and staid color skirt/pants combined with a whitish blouse and slip-ons, then you may look like one of those Japan-resident expats who fit in. Might've sounded tackier than you wanted, but being conservative doesn't strike a wrong note, IMO. No, I'm no in-house forum fashion adviser, and I don't know squat about the colors of your hair/eyes/skins, still less your likings on fashion, so am sorry if that puts you off...
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I've been living outside the USA for years. All those things you listed as "American" are common everywhere.
Kind of interesting phenomena that much of the wold actually wants to look like an American. One constantly sees people wearing American team garb, logo items, and pictorial representations. In fact, it may be a small minority of the world that chooses to avoid such a look.

For myself, when I travel about, I don't wear such distinguishing items. However, even my Italian baseball cap probably gives me away...
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Burberry, poor Burberry. I remember when it was decent clothing, nice tailoring, good fit, and then British chavs claimed the plaid as their own, and most Brits would no longer been seen dead in anything identifiably Burberry (I have a couple of nice items, neither are check/plaid).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
If the weather is cooler/wetter, Canadians will be more likely to wear MEC-branded outerwear except those from the Pacific coast who will wear a brand called Taiga. Not so much North Face, Patagonia, Columbia, and very less likely REI as in the U.S. There are pretty much direct-replacement for Jack Wolfskin.
Most of the winter wear I see in Ontario is Columbia or North Face, unless they are city commuters, in which case it is Canada Goose. I don't recall seeing much MEC at all.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by pnt1
If you see someone wearing Jack Wolfskin, they're typically always German. So...if you want people to think you're German, you can buy JW
That would assume I even know what that is (not being German and all...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.