Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Signs that you're traveling too much....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
[QUOTE=Proudelitist;26457527]Most hotel bathrooms are nearly identical. One day during month 7 of an 9 month stint on the road I was shaving and suddenly forgot where I was. What city, what state...[QUOTE]

When you wake up in the middle of the night to go to bathroom and run into a wall.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mbru
When you wake up in the middle of the night to go to bathroom and run into a wall.
Bahahahah!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Hvr
As long as they're not both current.
It happened once... I used to live in Doha so its very easy to explain and highly possible!!!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:59 pm

When you can't get comfortable at home until you arrange your sofa and love seat to the reverse herringbone configuration.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:26 pm

For me? When you buy clothing based on if it can be washed in a sink.

Suits too. I've bought blazers made of cotton instead of wool, simply because they don't need to be drycleaned, they can be washed at a laundry. Comes in handy when you're jumping from small town to small town for work.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:52 am
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
Originally Posted by Server
2. Wake up in the middle of the night wondering if I'm still in Zürich, Amsterdam, or none of the above.
I think every hotel should have a sign opposite the bed stating the country, city, currency and time zone. When you get up, you could know where you are.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
LOL! I actually find that I lose weight on the road, even in premium travel. I think it's not so much the flight or the lounges, it's the fact that I don't snack. I sometimes idly eat at home..but never on the road. Some days I am so busy I skip breakfast and my lunch is a measly sandwich. After a week of this I find I have usually dropped a few pounds.
Impressive...

Wish this was the case for me- when I skip a meal like breakfast, I always seem to find some street food to make up
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
When you realise that most of the clothes in your suitcase were bought with money given to you because of delayed luggage.

When you're in a new timezone and forget to change your watch/phone time. While leisurely sipping a coffee in Starbucks you receive a personalised boarding call over the PA: "Mr. onemoretrip your flight is ready to leave and the gate is about to close".
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: LH/G,KL/G,ABBA!
When you drive down the centre of the road, straddling the white line...
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Routemaster1
When you drive down the centre of the road, straddling the white line...
welcome to FT ... that's a great first post!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
When you haven't seen your GA in three months because schedules didn't line up and by name they ask you where you've been.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, United Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5-Star, National Exec Elite
Waking up in the middle of the night being a bit too warm, getting up and fumbling around near the window, perplexed that there is no air conditioning unit there...and there is no thermostat on the wall.

Then realizing you were home in bed.
Yup, did that a couple nights ago...
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:49 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

When the size, make and model of my carry on comes up as a conversation topic about once a week.
When I'm too embarrassed to tell someone that I'm on (yet another) vacation.
Shopping at the mall for clothes, thinking that they have to be lightweight, wrinkle free and hand washable.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
When you recognize flight crews, and they recognize you back.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CKA1
For me? When you buy clothing based on if it can be washed in a sink.

Suits too. I've bought blazers made of cotton instead of wool, simply because they don't need to be drycleaned, they can be washed at a laundry. Comes in handy when you're jumping from small town to small town for work.
Use the tub! All clothing fits well in there. Yes, field laundry. I have done more than my share...

A neat trick, use the microwave to dry socks....not more than 30 seconds tho! Otherwise the elastic melts. The idea is just to get the water in the socks hot enough to steam out. The iron on a dry setting is also good for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.