carry on only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

carry on only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed.

Senior associate probably spent more time buying toiletries and dropping off laundry than he saved not waiting for luggage.

If he had a meeting scheduled that close to arrival he should have got an earlier flight.
Time is money. You want him to miss his last meeting in the city he was leaving from?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
Time is money. You want him to miss his last meeting in the city he was leaving from?
Sorry. But anyone who has meetings scheduled such that he has a meeting in one city, can barely catch a flight out in time, and then has a meeting scheduled almost immediately when he lands needs to take a Time Management course.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Sorry. But anyone who has meetings scheduled such that he has a meeting in one city, can barely catch a flight out in time, and then has a meeting scheduled almost immediately when he lands needs to take a Time Management course.
At $5,000/hour, he can't afford to.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

At $5,000/hour, he can't afford to.
??? If he makes $5,000/hour, 1,000 hours per year (20 hours/week) would put him on par with Lebron James. Does he have more than $50 million in debts to service?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if its possible to pack in carry on there is zero reason to check
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
1) I don't like lugging bags around the airport
2) On my most frequent routes, my bags often get to baggage claim before I do; max wait is 5 minutes
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:21 am

Time is money.
If we're doing inane expressions, Fail to Plan = Plan to Fail.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:27 am

Your posting on a thread that's full of them - all perfectly valid for some.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
lugging bags
i forgot the obvious

they can certainly get heavy

i dont like it either, but dont really mind

im also one of those weird (apparently, on FT) people who will consider buying VIP service at airport
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
i forgot the obvious

they can certainly get heavy

i dont like it either, but dont really mind

im also one of those weird (apparently, on FT) people who will consider buying VIP service at airport
Then we can be weird together. I always pay for VIP at arrival in BKK. Includes a golf cart from the gate, someone picks up my checked bags while I sit and point, totes my bags outside to a van that is waiting for me.

I spent a lot of time and sweat becoming a 1%er. I'll be dipped if I'm going to act like a backpacker at my age.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Then we can be weird together. I always pay for VIP at arrival in BKK. Includes a golf cart from the gate, someone picks up my checked bags while I sit and point, totes my bags outside to a van that is waiting for me.

I spent a lot of time and sweat becoming a 1%er. I'll be dipped if I'm going to act like a backpacker at my age.
and good point that VIP service can take care of bags (although ive kind of wondered how exactly it works when 3rd party picks up your bags, in terms of identifying bags, in terms of options that are most expedient)

im so far from 1% its not even funny, but ive spent like a billionaire (not kidding) on little/less travel compared to FTers
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
??? If he makes $5,000/hour, 1,000 hours per year (20 hours/week) would put him on par with Lebron James. Does he have more than $50 million in debts to service?
Maybe he manages his time just fine. Some people have meetings in 15-20 cities in a week, and get paid a lot. Should they cut the work they do in half in order to schedule according to your prejudices instead of their own best estimates on how to maximize the benefit from their use of their time?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe he manages his time just fine. Some people have meetings in 15-20 cities in a week, and get paid a lot. Should they cut the work they do in half in order to schedule according to your prejudices instead of their own best estimates on how to maximize the benefit from their use of their time?
sethb, there is a point at which general aviation adds value

http://www.nbaa.org/business-aviatio...-fact-book.pdf

majority of the U.S. companies that utilize business aircraft – 85 percent – are small and mid-size businesses

Surveys indicate that more than 70 percent of passengers aboard business airplanes are non-executive employees

60 percent of survey respondents use their aircraft to support efficient schedules

Small companies operate the majority of business aircraft. Most companies (59 percent) operating business aircraft have fewer than 500 employees, and seven in 10 have less than 1,000 employees.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sethb, there is a point at which general aviation adds value

http://www.nbaa.org/business-aviatio...-fact-book.pdf
Yes, there is; and the people I know will use it when they think that's appropriate.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by MaxBuck
You're wrong. Backpack is my personal item, no different from the massive purses carried by women.

I've never been refused by any airlines when traveling thusly, either domestic (USA) or overseas.
This is probably the heart of the issue. I think oversized personal items are actually way more common than oversized carry-ons. People treat personal items as a 2nd carry-on when it's not meant to be that. Airline staff are even less inclined to question it because of the nuances and extra effort involved even if there are very specific requirements for them. This has gotten to the point where people are not even coy about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.