Reload this Page >

How to take advantage of lower fare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to take advantage of lower fare?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by pinniped
Long ago, you could phone an airline when a fare dropped and, in the case of a nonrefundable ticket, they'd cut you a voucher for the difference. (This implies that United actually matched the AA DFW-SFO fare and that fare was now available on your exact itin. The mere presence of it on some AA flights wouldn't generate a UA voucher.)

However, I don't believe any of the U.S. legacies do this anymore. They'd all want to reticket the itin, meaning you'd need a fare drop greater than your change fee to yield any kind of residual voucher.

I don't even know it exists anymore as a top-tier perk (free refares...).
AS has a Low Fare Guarantee. Anytime the fare drops, even if just on one segment of your trip, one click of the 'claim' button on the AS website gets you the fare difference refunded to you in the form of funds in your AS account. Best deal going since you can book anytime you want, set up a fare alert and know you will be credited if the fare drops. No more guessing when the fare will hit it's low point. Of of the many reasons they are my favorite domestic airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.