FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   KVS Availability Tool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/319244-kvs-availability-tool.html)

BlondeBomber Dec 24, 2004 2:42 pm

Thanks KVS--$25 sent today! ^

mpc1 Dec 24, 2004 3:24 pm

Thanks KVS. Sent a small contribution via Paypal

Merry Christmas :-:

mpc1 :)

KVS Dec 25, 2004 3:41 pm

FAQ: Additional Features

Happy Holidays Everyone!

And a special thanks to everyone who had sent a contribution :).

And here is the Additional Features FAQ:
  • To print the results:
    • Press [Ctrl]+[P]

- or -

• Right-click on the list of the results; this will bring-up a pop-up menu.
    • Click Send To -> Wordpad

• To use the results in a FlyerTalk post:
    • Right-click on the list of the results; this will bring-up a pop-up menu.
    • Click Copy to Clipboard -> As vBulletin Quote

• To decode airport/airline codes and to see mileage for a segment:
    • Select (highlight) a segment by left-clicking it
    • Right-click on the segment; this will bring-up a pop-up menu with the info.

Winglet Dec 27, 2004 1:14 pm

Thank you very much for the great tool!

Thanks KVS for the great tool. ^
It works very well for me and it is very helpful.
I have send today $25 (=18,81 €) via PayPal!

Best wishes from Germany and of course a Happy New Year!!!

Winglet

tracon Dec 29, 2004 12:35 pm

I've read through the PayPal website to see how it works. Is it really as simple as sending the amount to the e-mail address in your profile? Anything I should be concerned about with the website?

mpc1 Dec 29, 2004 12:52 pm

Paypal

Originally Posted by tracon
I've read through the PayPal website to see how it works. Is it really as simple as sending the amount to the e-mail address in your profile? Anything I should be concerned about with the website?

Paypal is the payment system created for/by Ebay. I use it all the time to transfer money, make purchases and receive money for auction items I've sold on Ebay. I've even used it to make charitiable donations.

I don't think you need to worry

mpc1

PreferBulkhead Jan 1, 2005 5:34 pm

Have started to poke about with KVS and I have a question ... the seat map for economy seats only seems to ever bring up rows 12-19 on the AC flights? Why would that be? If I go through an old ITN interface directly it brings up the full economy seating map -- not with KVS? Am I doing something incorrectly?

PS: A great tool so far! ^

PB

Stranger Jan 1, 2005 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
Have started to poke about with KVS and I have a question ... the seat map for economy seats only seems to ever bring up rows 12-19 on the AC flights? Why would that be? If I go through an old ITN interface directly it brings up the full economy seating map -- not with KVS?

Same thing with the Carlson Wagonlit interface. I had been wondering why. 12-19 at least for economy on the 333.

KVS Jan 1, 2005 10:38 pm

ITN-CWT Seat Map for AC

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
Have started to poke about with KVS and I have a question ... the seat map for economy seats only seems to ever bring up rows 12-19 on the AC flights? Why would that be? If I go through an old ITN interface directly it brings up the full economy seating map

The seat map function in the KVS Availability Tool uses ITN-CWT and this seems to be a [rather strange] problem with that engine...

BTW, I am not sure what exactly do you mean by the "old ITN interface"?

Stranger Jan 1, 2005 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by KVS

Presumably www.itn.net, and then its continuation as an Amex operation, still using the itn engine. Until a couple weeks ago when they moved to a Sabre thing, which no longer provides availability by booking code.

KVS Jan 2, 2005 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Presumably www.itn.net, and then its continuation as an Amex operation, still using the itn engine. Until a couple weeks ago when they moved to a Sabre thing, which no longer provides availability by booking code.

Well, www.itn.net/ does not really exist (nor did it exist before the recent changeover took place): Before the recent changes, www.itn.net/ was redirecting to Amex Travel, which at that time was using the ITN engine. As of a few weeks ago, www.itn.net/ redirects to Amex Travel, which is now using the Travelocity engine...

PreferBulkhead Jan 2, 2005 6:22 am

Originally Posted by KVS
The seat map function in the KVS Availability Tool uses ITN-CWT and this seems to be a [rather strange] problem with that engine...

Sorry for not being clearer ... what I meant was if I use this url directly (I know ... blasphemy :D):

http://flyaow.com/classual.htm

PB

Academic Jan 2, 2005 1:07 pm

Thanks, KVS.

CanFlyboy Jan 2, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks KVS

Starting using the KVS tool in late 2004 and find it very worthwhile. Still learning the ropes on what it can and cannot do. The thread is really valuable in answering many questions.

CFB :)

KVS Jan 9, 2005 10:33 pm

New Version 1.3.4 Released / New Tool Setup

First of all, just wanted to say thanks to all those FT'er who have sent their contributions over the past 2 weeks. Also, thanks to certain Australian FT'er who had donated webhosting services for the tool download page, most of the download issues discussed in this thread earlier are now a thing of the past!

Version 1.3.4 of the KVS Availability Tool is now available for download.

Major Changes:
  • New Setup:
    • Tool setup download is now a single .EXE file
    • Additional installation options added, including an option to create a desktop shortcut for the tool (requested by a number of users)

Minor Changes:
  • New Seatmap Options:
    • Seatmap using ITN/CWT
    • Seatmap using ITN/UA (use this option when ITN/CWT does not show complete map for AC flights)

Download Link: