Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Flight Price Notifications?

Old Aug 28, 22, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

I fly with either Delta, American or Jetblue. I normally use orbitz to check the prices as it gives you an overall summary of the prices for certain days. Then I go directly to Delta, American or Jetblue site to look at the prices to confirm and book it. Is there a way to get notification of any price change or if the price goes below a certain point at an airline? Example say you booked a flight via Jetblue for $500 but want to make a change if you see a price drop on the same day or different time or around that time. Or if you haven't booked a flight yet and just looking at prices daily until it is a price you are okay with.

Is there an app for that? I use an iphone and then go to each app to check the prices manually. But I would prefer if there is a way for notification anytime there is a price change? For example could you select several flights on certain days and get notification of whenever there is a price change? Whether it's an increase or decrease? Thus you get an email or notification and its saying okay the price of the flight you are looking at... let say LA to Dallas has went up or down on Tuesday and that flight leaves at 3pm and arrives 6pm? Say you put several of the flights you want to look at.

Is there an app for this to get notification?
Old Aug 29, 22, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, involuntary FT beta tester
Google Flights has a notification feature. You can have it monitor all flights on a particular outbound day (and return if applicable), including certain filters, or monitor the price of a specific itinerary. It will then email you when the price changes (whether up or down)
obscure2k and Cliff358 like this.
Old Aug 29, 22, 9:23 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards

Moderator Note: Please follow the thread as it moves to the Travel Tools forum.
Old Aug 29, 22, 10:46 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Ypata, Hopper, Google Flights, Kayak, SkyScanner, Airfarewatchdog, momondo
Old Nov 19, 22, 6:55 am

Which service offers the closest to real time notifications (email/sms/push) for airfare price changes. Google Flights notifications are far from real time
Old Nov 23, 22, 9:53 am

Doesn't orbitz offer an upgrade for a few $ to payback any fare difference to a lower price if the price drops after ticketing?

Search this Thread