Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Historical Flight Data - delays, cancellations, registration/tail numbers, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Hi All. I am trying to find information on AC7308 from IND to YYZ on 2017-08-22. To my understanding, this flight was cancelled, but I'm not sure if it was replaced with another flight as I would get IDB compensation.
Not finding a record of that flight # of 2017-08-22 on flightstats.com history search. I do see:

AC7310 - departed at 06:30 arrived on-time at 07:59
AC7312 - departed at 14:40 arrived on-time at 16:10
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Discussion of how to use the ACARS search site was moved to its own thread:
TWA884
The link does not work.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AVSA
The link does not work.
I just tested it in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It worked in all three browsers.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:33 pm

Found another handy resource for flight history searchers that I haven't seen referenced in this thread yet.

Amsterdam Shiphol (AMS) plane spotters - Schiphol Flights for 12-07-2019

Has data going back to Nov 2009 - a good resource to grab some plane registration #s if your flight took you through AMS. Helped fill in a few gaps for me.
Very easy to use UI compared to the LHR/LGW archives (archive-main-munu)

If anyone knows of any other international regional "planespotter" databases, please share. Still missing a few old flights from around Germany, Tanzania & India.

Last edited by nearlysober; Jul 11, 2019 at 6:45 pm
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:01 pm

Historic Flight Data

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first thread/post. Sorry if its in the wrong place.

Does anyone know where you can access historic flight data going back a few years?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jh1102

Does anyone know where you can access historic flight data going back a few years?
You may find something in the wiki of Welcome to the Travel Tools forum: find a list of tools here
Click to open the wiki. Is better on a laptop
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:39 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
For domestic US flights, there are free records kept by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics for most major carriers. Regional carriers may not be included.
The UI isn't the most user friendly. Someone created a nice simplified UI that searches that database which you can find here: https://wandr.me/bts/

For international flights, it gets a bit more tricky. Data is often spread across various sites & systems and is sometimes incomplete. It can vary from official systems to records kept by regional spotters.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
I'm also interested in getting data going back 10-20 years if possible. I'm trying to complete some of my flight entries and it would be nice to have some of those data. I'm willing to pay and I think flightradar have such an option, but I think it only goes back one year.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm also interested in getting data going back 10-20 years if possible. I'm trying to complete some of my flight entries and it would be nice to have some of those data. I'm willing to pay and I think flightradar have such an option, but I think it only goes back one year.
For domestic US travel, the BTS site referenced above in my last post is your best bet. Use the www.wandr.me/bts tool that someone created to make it easier to search. It's free and contains a ton of data... just not smaller regional airlines.

As far as paid services go, I've tried a few and I like flightstats.com the best. The data goes back to Feb 2006, however the further back you go, the more likely some details (precise departure/arrival, registration #, etc) might be missing.

I found with international flights some of that precise details starts to get spotty around 2015 but it also depends on the region/airline - smaller Tanzanian airlines for example don't have plane registrations for last year.

ut I haven't found an example where it was entirely missing a flight. Plus the flexible search history options is nice. You only get 250 searches per month with your sub, so you either have to wait another month or buy more searches.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by nearlysober
For domestic US travel, the BTS site referenced above in my last post is your best bet. Use the www.wandr.me/bts tool that someone created to make it easier to search. It's free and contains a ton of data... just not smaller regional airlines.

As far as paid services go, I've tried a few and I like flightstats.com the best. The data goes back to Feb 2006, however the further back you go, the more likely some details (precise departure/arrival, registration #, etc) might be missing.

I found with international flights some of that precise details starts to get spotty around 2015 but it also depends on the region/airline - smaller Tanzanian airlines for example don't have plane registrations for last year.

ut I haven't found an example where it was entirely missing a flight. Plus the flexible search history options is nice. You only get 250 searches per month with your sub, so you either have to wait another month or buy more searches.
That's awesome. Do you think I'll have trouble finding data for carriers like CX, CA going back to Feb. 2006? I haven't flown any African airlines so I'm not worried about it. I've mainly flown the major North American and Chinese airlines over the past 20 years.

I know this is going to be a stretch, but would it be possible to find data on CX flight from YVR-JFK in the summer of 1998?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:45 pm

It's possible the first few months of the DB are spotty, even with flightstats. I have extra searches left this month if you want to post some examples I can tell you what records they have.

As for reliable international data pre-dating 2006, I haven't really found any good sources as I only have 1 international flight before then, a 2003 flight from YVR to HNL, but I haven't found anything covering North America back that far.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:48 am

Hello,

I had a flight cancelled in 2015 from Manchester to New York on the 31st July 2015

I can't remember who I flew with or if it was to JFK or EWR.

Does anyone know where I can find all cancelled flights from Manchester UK on the 31st July 2015?

Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Sam Levy
Hello,

I had a flight cancelled in 2015 from Manchester to New York on the 31st July 2015

I can't remember who I flew with or if it was to JFK or EWR.

Does anyone know where I can find all cancelled flights from Manchester UK on the 31st July 2015?

Thanks.
Looks like the carrier was United, flight UA80.
It was cancelled about 7 hours before the scheduled 09:35 departure, at 02:16

You may have had it booked under one of the code-shares:
CA2511
LH7635
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:45 pm

1987 Flights - Trip Down Memory Lane

Back in 1987, I participate in a trip with my high school to Europe. I recently came across the flight reservations and paper boarding passes/jacket. Can anyone help me track down the planes and tail numbers?

01July NW1039 MCI-MEM
01July NW1630 MEM-JFK
01July PA102 JFK-LHR (this was a 747, but not sure of the variant)
23July PA157 MAD-JFK (Ibera metal / also a 747)
23July NW1687 (or NW31) JFK-MEM
23July NW428 (or NW982) MEM-MCI

Thanks for your help in advance. Looking at the souvenirs, NW, PA and IB boarding passes have been fun.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:04 am

Historical flight data: Hurghada to Birmingham TUI TOM847 on 1 April 2016

I was really hoping someone could help. I was looking everywhere to find historical data for TUI flight TOM847 from Hurghada to Birmingham on 1 April 2016.

Any expert help is much appreciated.
Cheers.
SB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.