Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Server
It's mostly due to cached inventory. Various buckets are opened and closed to the distribution system.

The airports being searched might have had a change in frequency of searches. Usually if it changes more often it will not cache, but if does not change prices often or dramatically your city will get old inventory. Thus will not synchronize with the GDS often.

Not a big deal since before Google flights existed, ITA required you to book it off-site anyway.
Big deal for me since a lot of these United multi city searches only pull up through the google.com/flights links.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:27 pm

Also it is very annoying that Google Flights defaults to USD every-time you open it. Frustrating!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:45 pm

And that multi-city bookings almost never work when you use the link to go from Google Flights to the airline to book!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Google Explore Problem?

Is anyone else having trouble with Google Explore over the past couple of days?

Every time I try to search for flights I only get one flight date per city.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I think you mean Google Flights?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
...or Kayak Explore?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Sorry.

Google Flights

https://www.google.com/flights/explore/
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The travel tools forum seems like a more suitable venue for this discussion.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by tarheel99
Is anyone else having trouble with Google Explore over the past couple of days?

Every time I try to search for flights I only get one flight date per city.

Anyone else having this problem?
Merged with existing thread.

TWA884
Travel Tools Moderator
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thanks mods... This isn't the same problem. But ok.

To answer tarheel99: yep, I'm having the same problem too. Glad to know that it isn't just Google Flights trying to shut down my daily flight dreaming. I really hope that they fix this soon!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Date Ranges Gone from Google Flights?

As of today, I seem unable to do a date range search with +/- days on Google Flights.

Previously, we could search using the calendar for a trip of varying lengths by selecting a days range at the bottom of the calendar, and next to that was a +/- days selector.

So, you could search a 4-day trip +/- up to 3 days (so, in effect Google Flights would search for trips between 1 and 7 days using those parameters).

Anyone else having this issue and/or know what happened? Perhaps Google has dropped this feature?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by John DELTA
As of today, I seem unable to do a date range search with +/- days on Google Flights.

Previously, we could search using the calendar for a trip of varying lengths by selecting a days range at the bottom of the calendar, and next to that was a +/- days selector.

So, you could search a 4-day trip +/- up to 3 days (so, in effect Google Flights would search for trips between 1 and 7 days using those parameters).

Anyone else having this issue and/or know what happened? Perhaps Google has dropped this feature?
Ditto here. Seems to be part of a redesign - a rather unwelcome one to me. Seems you can still use the "Flexible Date" tab to search 1-7 days, but only for one date option. No easy way of searching months of options for 1-7-day trips.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Be assured that we are serious about making date-picking / price-overviewing great, so please hold tight
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
Be assured that we are serious about making date-picking / price-overviewing great, so please hold tight
Great to hear! I wasn't sure if you guys were scaling-back features to save bandwidth.

Google Flights is my top-visited website (sad, but objectively true). Looking forward to you "Making Google Flights Great Again"!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Very bummed that the X day trip +/- is currently unavailable. Really was the main differentiator that drove me to use this. Eagerly waiting for its comeback

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.