Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:31 pm

Just found this

https://www.google.com/flights/explo...5;d=2014-02-18
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by antignos
Excellent find! There are also some patterns of note - Sundays and Mondays tend to be the most expensive days to travel, with Wednesday and Thursday being the cheapest...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
This is an awesome tool. Great for searching for MR's to all cities ^
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
And when you put your mouse cursor over the bars, it shows the airline, so I can pick prices with a loyalty program in mind! Niiice
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:10 am

Great find, I was looking for any random cheap trip from ORD, this really simplifies the search. ^^
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Google Flights Map Tool

I tried searching before I posted but couldn't find a post on this, but I've found using the map tool on flights.google.com very useful.

-Put in any city pair and date into your search boxes
-Click on the map pin in the right hand corner
-You see all the pricing for all the flights from your origination city for the dates you're searching anywhere in the world.

It's a nice way to try and find MR in a more visual manner than just plugging in random info into ITA. Of course ITA powers the flights.google.com search....

Anyone else using this?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Been using it for months, typically in conjunction with ITA. It is a good place to start for an MR, or go find some 'clues.'

Definitely not a replacement for the old fare compare page but good.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
great tool, thanks for posting that
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:07 pm

It's been around for a long time. Posts all over the net, blogs and FT regarding it. Actually removed the bars feature for a little while a few weeks ago, but appears to be back. Same as ITA

Try this also

https://www.google.com/flights/explo...5;d=2014-02-18
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
I just found it this weekend and I'm hopelessly addicted. Late to the party, I guess.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:09 am

Google Flights = Nonexistent Fares?

I keep coming up with fares on google flights that don't seem to exist. More specifically, I'm getting good fares that are most a combination of Lufthansa and Air Canada flights. Most only allow click through to Lufthansa or a third party booking agency. If I click through to Lufthansa, the fares never exist and the flight numbers do not exist. If I click through to the booking agency, I either get an error message or a screen saying that the flight is sold out, which is very unlikely. If I go the Air Canada website, they won't let me book the fare since part is a Lufthansa flight.

Google flights also gives me the option of calling Air Canada. This means staying on hold for 45 minutes to see if it is possible and even then paying the extra fee to book over the phone.

Questions:

1. Is this a common problem?
2. Does calling Air Canada to book fare not on their website work?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:45 pm

Why not try to book it on any of the big OTAs? Orbitz, expedia,... or meta search engines: hipmunk, kayak,...?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:44 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by carlost
I keep coming up with fares on google flights that don't seem to exist. More specifically, I'm getting good fares that are most a combination of Lufthansa and Air Canada flights. Most only allow click through to Lufthansa or a third party booking agency. If I click through to Lufthansa, the fares never exist and the flight numbers do not exist. If I click through to the booking agency, I either get an error message or a screen saying that the flight is sold out, which is very unlikely. If I go the Air Canada website, they won't let me book the fare since part is a Lufthansa flight.

Google flights also gives me the option of calling Air Canada. This means staying on hold for 45 minutes to see if it is possible and even then paying the extra fee to book over the phone.

Questions:

1. Is this a common problem?
2. Does calling Air Canada to book fare not on their website work?
Sometimes the engine caches search results. It clears out after 10 minutes or so often. It saves on request spam and other costs involved. However, sometime the fare might exist and you will need to dig around and manually enter the information on other OTAs.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by fuyao
Why not try to book it on any of the big OTAs? Orbitz, expedia,... or meta search engines: hipmunk, kayak,...?
Obviously. That was the first thing I tried. None shows the same fare or even the same itinerary. The itinerary is still there on google flights but still unbookable.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by carlost
Obviously. That was the first thing I tried. None shows the same fare or even the same itinerary. The itinerary is still there on google flights but still unbookable.
Its also possible g flights is showing wrong availability.
Check expertflyer or ask someone with GDS access to check for availability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.