FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1707354-google-flights-changes-updates-glitches-help-consolidated-thread.html)

jbsay Dec 9, 2012 1:14 am

Originally Posted by autumnmist (Post 19803625)
Late to this thread, but I don't see how to leave the destination blank in Google flights... it won't give me results until I put a destination in?

After entering your origin airport, while leaving the destination blank, click the "map" button in the bottom right hand corner, just to the left of the bar graph ("lowest fares") button. You should then get a map showing fares across all cities.

AeroWesty Dec 10, 2012 12:19 am

This is certainly an interesting tool I've been playing with too. I've been able to confirm that it brings ITA's errors through to it, which is a bit frustrating. One feature I wish it would have is to allow a display of all one-way flights available which you can marry into a round-trip. I do like the ability to narrow the map to specific date ranges though. That's a huge benefit.

Arthur Randolph Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am

Google Flights Explorer [single origin calendar search]

https://www.google.com/flights/explorer/

"Flight Explorer is a an experimental feature of Flight search that allow users to explore flight destinations. The feature enables users to consider multiple destinations and multiple days at once, all using live prices, quickly."

You're welcome!

ckpeter Dec 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Very cool tool!

Looks like Google's acquisition of ITA is beginning to bear fruits.

x1achilles Dec 22, 2012 2:44 am

I like it too. It has many elements that are newer and more intuitive.

thearmada Nov 4, 2013 8:35 pm

Google Flights got me a flight, help booking it

I am trying to book a flight. I found my preferred routing using Google Flights. When I try to go and book it using the link on Google Flights, I get the option of book with a travel agent or call SAS. Would anybody have any suggestions of how to book this online?

Here is the link for my routing.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...ORD0SK943;eo=e

Thanks!

mattp1987 Nov 5, 2013 2:17 pm

Are you trying to credit to UA for status? If so you will need a UA ticket number starting with 016 to get PQDs. If you aren't interested in that could you just call SAS?

I also tried plugging your flights as a multi-trip itinerary into united.com, but it priced out at over $3000. I did the same on Orbitz and found a very similar itinerary but with UA instead of AA as the first flight and slightly different times on the flights. This priced at $879.63. You can also try Hipmunk and see if that will send you to a booking engine.

thearmada Nov 6, 2013 11:17 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987 (Post 21733372)
Are you trying to credit to UA for status? If so you will need a UA ticket number starting with 016 to get PQDs. If you aren't interested in that could you just call SAS?

I also tried plugging your flights as a multi-trip itinerary into united.com, but it priced out at over $3000. I did the same on Orbitz and found a very similar itinerary but with UA instead of AA as the first flight and slightly different times on the flights. This priced at $879.63. You can also try Hipmunk and see if that will send you to a booking engine.

I ended up biting the bullet and booking it through the phone. They had a good fare sale that ended yesterday. I would like to use this for PQD, but I ended up just doing the complete SAS booking. I fly last minute a lot with work so the PQD will not be as big as a problem to get as the PQM for me which I get credit for here.

Thanks!

antignos Feb 17, 2014 10:14 am

Google Flights Change?

I was on Google Flights today and noticed the tool with the bars for searching prices all year is gone. Does someone know if they removed it what?

I can't get ITA to work on my computer for some reason so google was next best option.

Can someone else take a quick peek and let me know if I'm nuts?

Thanks

gfunkdave Feb 17, 2014 11:03 am

Moving this to Travel Tools...

docmoney Feb 17, 2014 4:55 pm

I do not see the bars for searching prices all year. But what a great tool! I had no idea it existed!

redshift27 Feb 18, 2014 1:11 am

I still see it below the calendars when picking travel dates.

docmoney Feb 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Also, I am now pissed because it finds flights so cheap that I am questioning my loyalty to a certain airline.

teese35 Feb 18, 2014 7:50 pm

cool feature

antignos Feb 18, 2014 10:27 pm

I'm bummed, there used to be a cool bar graph feature that made shopping an entire year extremely easy. Did anyone ever see it before?