FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1707354-google-flights-changes-updates-glitches-help-consolidated-thread.html)

alchemista Aug 19, 2016 1:06 pm

Skyscanner is also cool for leaving open destinations.

Ace71 Sep 16, 2016 5:17 am

Google Flight Prices

I'm looking take my mother to visit my sister in Brisbane just after the New Year flying business class, so I put in the dates in Google Flights and select the flights I want.

But when I click on where I can get these prices i.e. Expedia, eDreams or direct with the airline they are not the same as Google Flights quoted, they start around £2000 above the quoted price.

Am I doing something wrong or is there always price difference?

SocialAdept Sep 16, 2016 8:15 am

IF there's a £2000 difference I dare say you're DEFINITELY putting in something wrong.

Ace71 Sep 16, 2016 2:12 pm

3 Attachment(s)
See below

Image 1 £4870 round trip business class for 2 adults outbound
Image 2 £4870 round trip business class for 2 adults inbound
Image 3 £6765 with Expedia, £6940 with Qantas :confused:

Statman Sep 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ace71 (Post 27222031)
See below

Image 1 £4870 round trip business class for 2 adults outbound
Image 2 £4870 round trip business class for 2 adults inbound
Image 3 £6765 with Expedia, £6940 with Qantas :confused:

Do not use the click through provided by Google it sometimes uses a cached link rather than a real time link (hence the price disparity you are seeing).

Try going to Emirates directly and see what price you get it. The price you are seeing in Google Flights is likely not the most updated price.

JY1024 Sep 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Moving this over to the Travel Tools forum, where it may join the existing Google Flights thread. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

sbm12 Sep 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Almost certainly cached content in the ITA system. Sucks when it happens but not really much you can do about it.

ETA: Or Google is having trouble with the 718GBP surcharge per passenger that EK applies and only adds it in at the end of the fare selection.

Ace71 Sep 18, 2016 3:55 am

Thanks for your replies.

I used Google Flights because it displyed/suggested cheaper departing dates which you don't get with Skyscanner which I will now use to compare prices.

Taoyuan Sep 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Curious to learn a bit more about how Google Flights 'forces' flights.

This itinerary is $750 (at least at time of posting, in L class). It is an IAD-IST r/t, with a 20hr layover in LHR on the way there.
https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...ANCE;so=p;eo=e

How is Google Flights able to force this? I can't work it out on the airline sites, on ITA, Expedia, Kayak, etc.

Also, how come if you just search for IAD/WAS-IST r/t on Google Flights, it won't turn this up? Cheapest r/t shows as $838, and this one with the 20hr layover in LHR doesn't show.

Thanks.

rustykettel Oct 29, 2016 1:07 am

New tabletized version of mobile Google Flights. Previous one is now classic Flights.

:td: New version seems to be aimed at the lay traveler. Can't seem to add multiple airports, flips between screens to add the airport (and doesn't show your current selection), price is moved to the right so it's harder to scan price and airline together, generally slower, clunkier, and wastes more screen real estate.

michael_v Jan 12, 2017 2:35 pm

I am experiencing the same problem and am wondering if anyone has a solution.

RogerMurdock Feb 16, 2017 6:03 am

Same here. It has never worked for me.

I need a replacement service now that Yapta is no longer reliable.

michael_v Mar 16, 2017 10:02 am

Alerts are starting to come for me.

cblaisd Mar 22, 2017 1:22 pm

First time in this thread, but come with a question....

For several days Google flights has shown a particular itinerary on American to be substantially cheaper than other options for the same dates. But when I try use the link to book on the AA website, I get an error message that "One of your flight's is no longer available or the fare has changed."

I've replicated it several times over several days. Is GoogleFlights really that slow to pick up fare availability in favor of feeding stale data?

synergistic May 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 28072549)
First time in this thread, but come with a question....

For several days Google flights has shown a particular itinerary on American to be substantially cheaper than other options for the same dates. But when I try use the link to book on the AA website, I get an error message that "One of your flight's is no longer available or the fare has changed."

I've replicated it several times over several days. Is GoogleFlights really that slow to pick up fare availability in favor of feeding stale data?

I'm seeing similar (except I get a more generic, "Something went wrong
Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later.") when trying to book from Google Flights. Unfortunately, putting it through the AA multicity yields the fare in initial results, but selecting the fare just gives me, "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."

Given that I'm getting the unbookable fares on the AA site as well, I don't figure it's stale Google data. It's irritating as all heck regardless of the cause.